R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #436
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,949
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko
Default

I have a question. Some guys here probably have ran both.

What ESC do you like better and why?

The Tekin G11 or the Ko Propo VF1.

I am looking to get a new esc that has the adjustable freq.
Currently I run a G10 and G10pro+.
I have ran GM and Novaks in the past.
Looking at running roar stock 27t and mabuchi classes.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.
If I could afford both I would, I can only save up for 1.

Jeff
__________________
Jeffrey
teamgravityrc.com - motivrc.com
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #437
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 835
Default

I'm currently running the G-11pro I really like it,it gives great adjustability and seems to have a really good punchy feeling for stock which is what you want in that class.I haven't tried any of the ko propo stuff yet but probably will later in the year.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #438
Tech Adept
 
FBJ's RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Soon to be in the Darkside
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ko
I have a question. Some guys here probably have ran both.

What ESC do you like better and why?

The Tekin G11 or the Ko Propo VF1.

I am looking to get a new esc that has the adjustable freq.
Currently I run a G10 and G10pro+.
I have ran GM and Novaks in the past.
Looking at running roar stock 27t and mabuchi classes.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.
If I could afford both I would, I can only save up for 1.

Jeff
I have a Novak GTX, KO PROPO VFS-1 and a Tekin G11 PRO. I like the G11Pro the best because of the very smooth feel, next is the GTX then the VFS1.
I also like the fact that I don't need a diode and a capacitor to run my 8x1 DC Ti3 Motors Never gets hot and throttle feel is always consistent and smooth.
FBJ's RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #439
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,949
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
I have a Novak GTX, KO PROPO VFS-1 and a Tekin G11 PRO. I like the G11Pro the best because of the very smooth feel, next is the GTX then the VFS1.
I also like the fact that I don't need a diode and a capacitor to run my 8x1 DC Ti3 Motors Never gets hot and throttle feel is always consistent and smooth.
I could understand needing something that smooth for mod racing... what about stock.. what have you experienced? Thanks for the response.
__________________
Jeffrey
teamgravityrc.com - motivrc.com
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:01 AM   #440
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The Tekin just gives RAW power but in a linear and smooth way, so controllable, you can 'FEEL' the throttle a lot easier, not something that is easy to do running stock.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:27 AM   #441
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default

i have tried alot of brands... Keyence Rapida, Novak GTX, Mtroniks Cirrus PRO, currently a Ko HARA Twister 2.1... but i sure miss my Tekin G10 and G11... it has a different feel... well, the twister i can say has a better feel but it ain't durable as Tekin makes it. its only a month old and i'm having problems when i run modified
__________________
www.xtremerchobbiesph.net
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #442
Tech Adept
 
FBJ's RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Soon to be in the Darkside
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ko
I could understand needing something that smooth for mod racing... what about stock.. what have you experienced? Thanks for the response.
You can set the G11PRO to suit whatever you need for stock racing, mostly throttle freqs are set to the lowest for more punch and you can also set the LIM (limiter) to MAX to take advantage of the power that the ESC gives. I am pretty much sure that you will like this ESC for as long as you dont mind that footprint but hey, we use this ESC for it's performance advantages.
FBJ's RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #443
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Hey all,

Finally got my G11 and I'm wondering what frequency setups I should use ? I'm running 19T indoors at the moment (carpet/rubber) but will move to 19T outdoors on rubber again, and also do a bit of modified racing. Not sure whether to change the frequency between indoors and outdoors. What's your take, especially team drivers.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #444
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Hey all,

Finally got my G11 and I'm wondering what frequency setups I should use ? I'm running 19T indoors at the moment (carpet/rubber) but will move to 19T outdoors on rubber again, and also do a bit of modified racing. Not sure whether to change the frequency between indoors and outdoors. What's your take, especially team drivers.
In my own experience with 19t, when the car has a great setup I can use the lowest frequency without pushing out on corner exit. But with a less disireable setup, I've had to increase the frequency anywhere from 3250 to 6250.

I'm also interested to know what the team drivers use.
__________________
Guy Hood
Sponsored by: Team XRAY / Team RC America / RB Products USA
/ Twister Tires USA / Maxy's Mods & Fuel / Parma PSE / Zubaks
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Tekin FX series thread(tekin support) Randy_Pike Radio and Electronics 50 09-01-2016 05:13 PM
>>TEKIN R1 PRO ESC/TEKIN REDLINE BRUSHLESS MOTOR<< LOSI SCOTT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 09-12-2008 07:51 PM
FS: Tekin mini rage esc and tekin 6800kv! 1/18th! tt01-demon Australia For Sale/Trade 7 05-24-2007 02:59 AM
Tekin Mini Rage w Tekin 5.4k motor J.Gonzalez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-26-2006 07:02 PM
RC12LC, Tekin G-12 ESC, batts, OS .46FX, Tekin BC100L DennisNyholm R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 02-28-2006 03:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:34 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net