Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #286
Tech Adept

Exactly
G2B Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 AM   #287
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike
Wasn't bashing, just sharing my experiences and wondering if maybe the new ESC is having some growing pains. Considering I have yet to see a GT7, GTX, QC1 or 2, or any other brand ESC go up in smoke since I've been back into racing, can you blame me for being a little leary of the G11?
I had two Q2's go up in smoke this past year,just wish I could get my G10 to come up to speed,I'm on a keyence until then.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #288
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike
Wasn't bashing, just sharing my experiences and wondering if maybe the new ESC is having some growing pains. Considering I have yet to see a GT7, GTX, QC1 or 2, or any other brand ESC go up in smoke since I've been back into racing, can you blame me for being a little leary of the G11?
Well I have seen all these go in smoke, and more than once, especially QC1 and 2. QC1 would loose braking power and then go "pop" a few meetings after, and it's a known disease of it. QC2 supposedly water proof isn't at all, and don't like no limit mod either. Saw a few burning at indoors meetings. GTX, what better to say that a top Uk driver lost his second place in finals at a national event because his GTX blew up at the end of the straight in the last lap ?

As mr4tc sp pointed out, there is an awesome smoothness in the G10's throttle response, I just can't wait to have my G11.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #289
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe
Return the burnt unit to the local distributor from where it was purchased and they should exchange on the spot.
Not correct if you need to return the speedo it should be sent directly to tekin and not the distributor. Being that the distributors don't do warranty work. If you do have problems the tekin customer support is awsome. Also if you guys want some more info to the stuff I would go to there form on the tekin website. Here is the link. http://www.teamtekin.com/forums/

You will find all of the latest and greatest news on Tekin here. There is also a new ask the drivers portion on there as well. This way you can ask the Tekin drivers like Cuffs and EA what they think about the products. And if you still need something else please feel free to email or PM me and I will try and get you the answers you need or get you in touch with the person with the right answers.
KT
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #290
Tech Adept

When comparing Tekin speedo with other speedo, analog to real car engine, tekin is a 4000c.c. racing engine while

QC1 and QC2 just like a 2500 c.c. conventional engine. The difference is when you pull the throttle, tekin will give you the response that you only have time to notice the ending speed corresponding to the throttle position. With others, you will have a lot of time to watch the car accelerating.
mr4-tc sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Jeff Cuffs: hello! could you recommend a setting for theG11 PRO speedo for a DC Monster 27T Stock with an F Brush, 6.75 final ratio, DC Reedy Quad 19T with a XXX Brush, a 6 final ratio & a DC 9x2 XXX Cobalt with a 8.34 final ratio... My local tracks dimension is 112ft x 90ft.. Many Thanks!

Carlo D.
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #292
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Been a fan of Tekin for as long as I have been in RC. In the past years while Tekin was not in business I switch to Novak and now more recently LRP and KO. For me, they all work great.

Anyways some time ago, I got a Tekin G12CIII in a trade. I used it in one of my cars to race and it worked great except one problem, my personal transponder would not ping the track's receiver. It got so bad it would miss as much as five laps in an entire race. The folks at the track said it was the speed control and when I used a Novak instead, the transponder problem stopped. Is there some way I can fix this using the Tekin speed control so that I get steady power to my tranponder?

Any help would be appreciated.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #293
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Hi guys,

Been a fan of Tekin for as long as I have been in RC. In the past years while Tekin was not in business I switch to Novak and now more recently LRP and KO. For me, they all work great.

Anyways some time ago, I got a Tekin G12CIII in a trade. I used it in one of my cars to race and it worked great except one problem, my personal transponder would not ping the track's receiver. It got so bad it would miss as much as five laps in an entire race. The folks at the track said it was the speed control and when I used a Novak instead, the transponder problem stopped. Is there some way I can fix this using the Tekin speed control so that I get steady power to my tranponder?

I can not answer this question for you however. If you email Tim Sheilds at Tekin he will be able to answer this for you.
His email is [email protected] he is the Tech rep for tekin.
Hope that helps
KT
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
I just got my new G11, a couple local guys (sponsored) have been hyping it up. I was expecting a real kick a$$ ESC. I hooked up and the thing just goes total ape sheet. Totaly confused, I checked everything and it was all correct but, the throttle made the servo go crazy and the steering knob messed with the motor. I decided to hook up a receiver pack and voila, the thing runs like a dream. I decided to check out Tekin's website to see if they had any ideas what was up and yes, apparently, they've known that this would happen. The digital servo draws too much power and you can bypass the bec but, don't recommend doing anything against the servo specs.

Does anyone have any real ideas? I'm not running a separate receiver pack and I'm not giving up my awesome servo or Spektrum because this new esc doesn't work right with them. Is this an expensive paperweight?

I'm running KO 2363, Spektrum, hopefully G11,
When I run my GTX, I have no problems at all.

If I had known this was going to happen, I would've left the 180 bucks in my pocket.
Tim,

That is one thing really great about having local sponsored guys...having them available to lend a hand and get the problem resolved!

I will see you this weekend and help wherever is needed. Or you can call or e-mail me.

BTW, thanks Jeff.

Mike
ProMatch
Parma

Last edited by Michal101; 10-26-2005 at 11:05 AM. Reason: mispeeled
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #295
Regional Moderator

These days I don't think anyone can look at any speedo and say "this thing blew up all on its own". With servos and this new spectrum sucking so much juice these days, coupled with higher drawing motors, I'm surprised any of these speedos continue to work at all.

I continue to use my old original G10 and my original GM V12. But thats with the use of a fast(but non digital) servo and a regular FM receiver.

-For me, I'm happy with my current non-digital servo. At .08sec and 114oz/in, it supplies more than needed for most racers...

-And as for the Spectrum, I know this has been a hot topic before, but personally, the benefits don't seem to outgain the headaches it causes...

And those two things allow me to run any speedo I want without worry about what will happen when everything starts drawing power.

Last edited by Darkseid; 10-27-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #296
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal101
Tim,

That is one thing really great about having local sponsored guys...having them available to lend a hand and get the problem resolved!

I will see you this weekend and help wherever is needed. Or you can call or e-mail me.

BTW, thanks Jeff.

Mike
Mike! 'Ol buddy, 'ol pal!
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #297
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp
Mike! 'Ol buddy, 'ol pal!
GP,

I got you covered! I will catch up with you this weekend.

Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #298
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Jeff Cuffs: hello! could you recommend a setting for theG11 PRO speedo for a DC Monster 27T Stock with an F Brush, 6.75 final ratio, DC Reedy Quad 19T with a XXX Brush, a 6 final ratio & a DC 9x2 XXX Cobalt with a 8.34 final ratio... My local tracks dimension is 112ft x 90ft.. Many Thanks!

Carlo D.
for stock and 19turn i run the limits all the way up and the drive freq at its lowest and drag brake two clicks up. for mod i raise the drive freq and also the drag brake alot. hope this helps.
jeff
Old 10-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #299
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal101
GP,

I got you covered! I will catch up with you this weekend.

Mike
YGPM
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:06 PM   #300
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Hi guys,

Try that : 1000 microfarad and 0.1 microfarad caps in parallel, plugged on the receiver. Makes a low pass filter and will provide a bit of current when your bec will go too low. This solved ALL my problems with PT missing laps on my G10 (using a 2343 servo).
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin-g10-caps.jpg  
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote