Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eddie Garrison
Jeffrey - Glad to hear you are using the G10 Pro+. It is an AWESOME speedo, and very well priced. I hope TEKIN keeps getting you to the front. Good luck.

-EG
Since I switched I have seen a lot more TQs, 1sts and podium finishes. In the past usually it was driving to get me to 1st, with the Tekin now I have driving and speed.

Jeff
Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nutfluff

We have run the LRP Q. 1 and 2. Neither hold a candle to the G10 Pro. The G10 is a smoother more powerful speed control. You will not be dissapointed.

Stefan Millay

Team Fusion
Team Tekin
BKPaintwerks.com
Old 04-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by JohnB
I haven't ran the GTX but have run the GT-7 and LRP's. I'll take Tekin G-10 series any time. You will love the punch and also how easy it is to program and change any settings. You can just look through the window of the car, punch a couple buttons and change anything. No tools required.

take care
john
John

Agree with you on the feel of the speedy.
Can you detail what adjustments you do, and their effect? i dont often tinker with electronic setups, but from what i understood from the instructions, most of the adjustments can be mimiked from the radio.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Besercoe

I think what John is talking about is how easy the G10 is to adjust. It is very easy to adjust to loose tracks by adjusting the limiters and drag brake. It is a simple task of pushing the mode button and then the inc. button to get the setting, push the mode button one more time and it is set.

Stefan Millay

Team Fusion
Team Tekin
BKPaintwerks.com
Old 04-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes I was talking about how easy it is. But the setting I use are THR to get the power feel I want then the LIM2 to fine tune it. I don't mess with brakes since I very seldom use them on carpet and I don't like drag brakes because is slows corner speed if you do have to left off all the way.
For instance for mod 12th scale I use the lower end on THR settings for more run time and for stock the upper end for max. punch.
For touring car I use very high settings for throttle and no limiter for mod and stock motors.
Your really only adjusting how fast the speed control gets to the top end. The top end will be the same on any setting. Think of it as controlling the punch you want.
Obviously if your car is handling very good and you have the run time you can run high throttle settings.

take care
john
Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yea, for the previous discussion about the size, I just posted a picture of my 12th scale here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=36
Old 04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My understanding of the THR setting is that it increases the minimum throttle percentage? so essentially takes away the ability to use small throttle inputs? or am i getting confused.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

For stock and 19t Sedan I don't limit the throttle either.

For drag brakes/reg brakes I am around 35 to 40 with a 1-way. Then I can finetune depending on the track with my radio brake curve. What is everyone else doing? With or with-out 1-ways...

Jeff
Old 04-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

I am not a big on-road racer, but the setting I use for off-road really dont vary that much the default settings. Anything I adjust is the drag brake. I dont like very much brake at all really. Just enough to control the pitch of the car and if I need to slow the car slightly. In stock I will mess with the Throttle so I have more rip coming out of the corners but thats about it.

-EG
Old 04-15-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Besercoe
My understanding of the THR setting is that it increases the minimum throttle percentage? so essentially takes away the ability to use small throttle inputs? or am i getting confused.
That sounds like a pretty reasonable explaination.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah JohnB is right. That is a pretty simple way to understand it. The G10 Pro+ is the easiest speedo I have ever programmed and adjusted. 2 buttons and you are into the configure mode and adjusting all of your options. It is GREAT piece of equipment. I have been to 3 BIG events this year and have either won or been in the top 5 at every one of them since I have switched over to TEKIN.

-EG
Old 04-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Gotta keep us on the front page

-EG
Old 04-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Eddie Garrison
In stock I will mess with the Throttle so I have more rip coming out of the corners but thats about it.

-EG
What setting have you been going for. I have been thinking of pulling out an old buggy just to bash around at a local track.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

A Ko - You know I dont really vary too much from the factory settings...In stock somoetimes I turn the throttle up to about 7 or 8 to get alot of rip but thats about it. Like I said, mostly factory settings seem to work REALLY well for me. When I get home tonight I will look and see how I have it set. It is still set for stock.

-EG
Old 04-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey everyone! finally a Tekin thread!!! Lets keep it going! hey gotta question.. how would you tune the limiter of the g10+ pro if i am gona over gear to my supposed ratio without burning the motor? i've seen good results from lots of drivers but some of them burn a motor or two before getting the right tune

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.