Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Solution for the stock class problems >

Solution for the stock class problems

Solution for the stock class problems

Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I only race mod myself, would still be racing Mod on-road but for this very issue....

Price , money or even speed ?

Not the problem ...

Sponsored racers filling the stock class @ the local & national events ?

The real problem ...
REALLY GEORGE, really, gee lets see, here locally, on road has had record turnouts, we have a new indoor carpet club, . This year Roar has a no sponsered driver rule, will we see you at paved nats, carpet nats, NO. Vegas has a sportsman rule, did you go there and race no you didn't, will you this year no you won't.
there are NO 'Factory' drivers running stock, there might be some local club guys who get a driver discount running stock, but don't pretend there "FACTORY" drivers

there I cleaned it up, hope it gets a seal of approval

Last edited by skypilot; 01-30-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I read all your opinions and solutions for the stock class.
In Portugal the stock class in 2010 will be 9.5 motors. At this point, and because i´m new in the TC and very little experience in RC.. i don´t know what to choose.. Mod´s or Stock..

In US you call 13.5 Super Stock.. what should i call stock class here in Portugal ?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Legend

I am sorry ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 01-30-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
REALLY GEORGE, really, gee lets see, here locally, on road has had record turnouts, we have a new indoor carpet club, you said if you'd come run the indoor carpet series if there was a mod rubber class and then you didn't, when i reminded you of this, you said, "we had to go and spec it all out" cept the the only spec was Jaco blues for tire, you said you come run the sizzler, but you didn't, you said it was cause I was mean to you. Every time your invited to come run on road and show us what you got, you have a different excuse. This year Roar has a no sponsered driver rule, will you go to paved nats, carpet nats, NO. Vegas has a sportsman rule, did you go there and race no you didn't, will you this year no you won't. just stop already with the BS. you can fool most of these guys, but we really know you just hate on road and on roaders, you guys should see the respect Geo gives to the on roaders who take up off road in the winter time, shame shame. I'm and experienced racer and I run stock off road, so don't say it doesn't happen when its happening at YOUR off road track. oh sure you give me plenty of grief for doing it, but I just smile and keep and on trucking, (notice geos avatar and mine lol)

and lets cut the "FACTORY DRIVERS RUNNING STOCK" bs there are NO 'Factory' drivers running stock, there might be some local club guys who get a driver discount running stock, but don't pretend there "FACTORY" drivers
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Ritchie (Sky Pilot )

Blame
that failed attempt to spec the mod class ...

I passed on that crap with no remorse...

When you guys get it together , when ever !!!

I will be on a rug again , not before....
Hey guy's, take it some place else. This is a legit thread about improving electric on road racing. NOT your stupid arguments.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

and I agree, and the arguements made should be legit.....

mine were.

I cleaned up my other post best I could. hope its ok now
Old 01-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Seems lke the point of this is getting blurred.

Is'nt it about the definition of the class. If we call "stock" stock, then is'nt that just the "what", not the "who". If we call it "novice" then we're talking about the "who".

If you don't want pro drivers in the stock class, then call it something else. You can't exclude someone because they got the stuff/skill and you don't.

If you go to a big event you should expect the best to be there. It's then your choice wether or not to jump in. Arguing about pro drivers in the stock class is'nt a very good one. Pro drivers in the novice class is a good argument.

Again, if we want the hobby to grow, there needs to be a viable entry point that encourages skill development. Personally i don't think that should be at a national type event. Suffered through enough 5 and under classes at bmx nationals. Develope some skill, then challenge yourself at an event like that. Then you can be the guy others complain about.

Rob...........
Old 01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
and I agree, and the arguements made should be legit.....

mine were.

I cleaned up my other post best I could. hope its ok now
It's all good man. I just want this thread to be some what on a topic with minimal BS.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by or8ital
I call BS on this. I mean really if you wanted to ensure making the A main at a big event then you would sign up for the mod class. Most of the time there are less than 10 racers in the class. It is far from a given with all the talent in the stock class that someone would race in that class and just expect to win.
you caught me, At Reedy I figured.. B main in mod is way better then the F main in stock
Old 01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I think the biggest problem is that people continue to call it "stock". There is nothing stock about the equipment we are using today. Motor timing is adjustable, speedo timing is adjustable and "stock" speeds are now at mod speeds from yesterday. If you want a beginner class then we should start running 25.5 motors with non-adjustable timing speedos. I don't think any self-respecting "pro" racer would dare sign up for this class. 17.5 still seems to draw alot of attention so leave it alone. Lap times in 13.5 and MOD are the same, so combine the two and let's race. Locally, we have 17.5 and MOD. Indoors, Mod has been 13.5 or 10.5. We'll see how it goes when we get back outside with the new software.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner. ding ding, ring the freaking bell, the fat lady has sung, stick a fork in it, cause its done, and any other silly sayings you can think up,

like the man said, theres nothing stock about a stock car.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Stock or super stock is not under controll. this class is spinning way ahead and they are going as fast as the modified cars!

Look at todays ETS Series qualifying. the one that took pole in super stock(13.5) did a best laptime of 18.9xx in 3rd round and the world champion in modified did a high 18.4 on the last qualify.

Thats barely a half a second down. and he could have qualifyed top 15 in modified with his current qualify time. i mean what the hell. whats the point?

all the other pros like Viktor Wilck, juho levanen, andy moore etc etc was just 3 tenth´s faster then the guy in super stock. and thats just WOW.

i would say, nothing lower then 17,5 should even exist as a class in touring except modified. i think we should have only two classes in touring ans thats stock and modified. and stock shouldnt have lower then 17,5 engines. but that barely helps at all. they goes almost as fast as 13.5. but they wont be that fast on any track.

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 01-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
This is a constant problem, that needs addressing. For the sake of the future of On Road remote control car racing. This needs addressing. It's killing the sport.
in my area, turnout was up last year, way up, we have a sucessful indoor club that started up this past fall/winter. two successful on road tracks, 30 or so miles aparts. Timezone going good, rc plus going good, NWIC carpert series going good.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andy63
Stock or super stock is not under controll. this class is spinning way ahead and they are going as fast as the modified cars!

Look at todays ETS Series qualifying. the one that took pole in super stock(13.5) did a best laptime of 18.9xx in 3rd round and the world champion in modified did a high 18.4 on the last qualify.

Thats barely a half a second down. and he could have qualifyed top 15 in modified with his current qualify time. i mean what the hell. whats the point?

all the other pros like Viktor Wilck, juho levanen, andy moore etc etc was just 3 tenth´s faster then the guy in super stock. and thats just WOW.

i would say, nothing lower then 17,5 should even exist as a class in touring except modified. i think we should have only two classes in touring ans thats stock and modified. and stock shouldnt have lower then 17,5 engines. but that barely helps at all. they goes almost as fast as 13.5. but they wont be that fast on any track.

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
+1
Old 01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
+1
Yes, I am with Rick here, Stock racing 17.5 and NO TIMING ADVANCES ALLOWED be they speed control or motor, all the rest MOD racers speed control not so important anymore!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Still don't understand why the finger is being pointed at the equipment. Don't understand how banning "timing advance" speedos is going to fix the problem. The best driver is still going to win.

So what then, ask manufactures to hold back on the R&D? Suppose that's one way to get people to go mod. Take the teeth out of the stock class. For the most part are'nt most of us enjoying the new technology? I am.

Rob........
Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robio
Still don't understand why the finger is being pointed at the equipment. Don't understand how banning "timing advance" speedos is going to fix the problem. The best driver is still going to win.

So what then, ask manufactures to hold back on the R&D? Suppose that's one way to get people to go mod. Take the teeth out of the stock class. For the most part are'nt most of us enjoying the new technology? I am.

Rob........
Thats just it, technology, stock racing is supposed to be about ability not technology, some people cannot afford to purchase a new speed control every 6 months... plus stock brushed, had fixed timing, seems like a sound solution to me.

And Teken drivers, dont kid yourself that something new will not beat the mighty Tekin speedy, even with software advances, software can only do so much.

Last edited by Sam-E; 01-30-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.