R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #436
Tech Master

Simple solution, two TC classes, Novice, (beginner) and mod. Classes should be based on experience/skill level not motors. The qualifiers, already sort and put similar drivers together in their own heats based on their skill level. As your skill level improves you can add more motor to compete with the next higher skill group, if that is your motivation, with your ultimate goal being to compete with the top racers in the A main. If your comfort zone is to stay in the C or B main, then so be it. Nitro has got it right, the class is based on skill level.
Makes no sense to have a zillion TC classes, makes winning one of them pretty meaningless. Winning a full lower main has more meaning based on one's skill level, then winning a skimpy B or A main.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #437
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtveten View Post
Simple solution, two TC classes, Novice, (beginner) and mod. Classes should be based on experience/skill level not motors. The qualifiers, already sort and put similar drivers together in their own heats based on their skill level. As your skill level improves you can add more motor to compete with the next higher skill group, if that is your motivation, with your ultimate goal being to compete with the top racers in the A main. If your comfort zone is to stay in the C or B main, then so be it. Nitro has got it right, the class is based on skill level.
Makes no sense to have a zillion TC classes, makes winning one of them pretty meaningless. Winning a full lower main has more meaning based on one's skill level, then winning a skimpy B or A main.
There you have it folks. Well done...

Rob..........
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #438
Tech Regular

Quote:
+1... well said...
TOP Photon // LRP SXX TC Spec // LRP X12 4.0T // IP 5000mah 50C // Spektrum DX3R
Sponsor: My good self...
katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #439
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sounds good to me, I like it!!!

You can play with your esc timing and 17.5 turn motor all you like and race againt my 3.5...

Problem solved!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #440
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Yup
Old 02-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #441
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Just like gas TC. They all hual ass if you want it to. Novice, Sportsman, and Expert. Nice and simple
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #442
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Hard to understand how someone can find satisfaction beating the new guys...

I would love to race the fast sedan guys in the fast class (Mod Sedan) and beat them with the same satisfaction they get when they beat the new guys....
and yet you are no show for sedan summer sizzler 5 years in a row.

ps I lied about being done...
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #443
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
and yet you are no show for sedan summer sizzler 5 years in a row.

ps I lied about being done...
Sky Pilot vs. Wild Cherry
Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #444
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i sent monty a pm, that thread is not going to happen

maybe WE should have our own thread, I've gone back and forth with you more then cherry

as far as the rest of the guys, thier just pissed cause i want TRCR to be a Drug free zone and i threatened to expose there repeated trips to the parking lot.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #445
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
i sent monty a pm, that thread is not going to happen

maybe we should have our own thread, I've gone back and forth with you more then cherry
Ive seen worst ideas