R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
I had a tire blew the belt completely out of the tire after a high speed crash on the straight....that was cool. The tires were well used when it happend. I know a few people locally have said that they do tend to rip more then they use to.... I have had a few tires that had rips in them but they were used nothing new that ripped.

That was funny.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jaco tires have been awesome for rubber tire racing. Hopefully what's happening right now is just an issue with the batch, and not a running change.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Jaco tires have been awesome for rubber tire racing. Hopefully what's happening right now is just an issue with the batch, and not a running change.
agreed.

after running 28's in the first leg of the NEGS, all of the old foam guys (who, yes, are now running rubber) looked at each other and said, "this is going to change". since then, we have had a gentlemens agreement in place to run only blues and it's been quite a bit nicer. though, i have been the only one (to my knowledge) to insist that blues are fastest on their first run (probably due to whatever change lead to the cause of this thread), and if this ends up the case, it's big step in the wrong direction ...

i'm sure jack will work it out. he knows better than anyone what one/two run tires will do for a class ...
Old 01-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
while i think the jaco blues are the best thing rubber tire racing has seen since, premounts, i have seen a bit more wear lately. what used to bring 30-50 runs for guys on the rug now seems like an impossibility. while that's certainly still fairly economic as far as the competition goes, i have heard some talk from the guys i run with in the NEGS series of the rubber getting softer in recent batches. i know that first run blues are solid as he** and from what i understand that never used to be the case.

i hope a good thing isn't going to way of, well, seemingly everything...
I know what you mean, there's no way I can get 35-50 runs. I took a look at a tire I ran in 17.5 after three weeks or running backwards with a sweeper, and the outside front tire was done. The insert just felt too thin.

I have only had 1 set of blues that showed the belt prematurely, while I was running on high bite asphalt...other that that no issues at all.
samstheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

[QUOTE=seaball;6911028] though, i have been the only one (to my knowledge) to insist that blues are fastest on their first run (probably due to whatever change lead to the cause of this thread), and if this ends up the case, it's big step in the wrong direction ...
QUOTE]

I would have to agree with that. To me a couple warm up laps and they were ready to go. I ran my fastest lap of the weekend at the novak race with a brand new set of tires trying to break them in while practicing..
Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

In the past they take quite a few run to come in. My last set (presumably from the most recent batch) was fastest on the first run, and then .2 or so off from the old ones I was replacing.

Have you NEGS guys talked to EJ about the Solaris tires?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke81 View Post
To me a couple warm up laps and they were ready to go. I ran my fastest lap of the weekend at the novak race with a brand new set of tires trying to break them in while practicing..
yep.
Quote:
i don't know if chicky has or not, but we're embarking on the last leg already, so it will likely wait for next season...
Old 01-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #23
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
yep.

i don't know if chicky has or not, but we're embarking on the last leg already, so it will likely wait for next season...
hey Seaball

I'm also interested on next season's tire sponsering with all new tires from sweep racing.

where can I get some information?

thanks

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 01-26-2010 at 04:30 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenBeav View Post
haven't had any problems until lately with jaco blues. A few months ago they started to develop like a fold line on the inside of the tire then would tear after a month or more. Then the ones i got at novak race only made it through the novak race and 2 club races before one tore on the inside fold.
ive been getting those same problems too.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #25
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I first need to give credit to the good Jaco Blues that I miss already. Those suckers lasted and peferomed well too. However the last 5-6 sets Ive had have been maybe the worst wearing tire I have ever seen. The best laps are over by the second run. In fact last week in Nashville I did some back to back runs with the newer blues that I had ran a few times at the 2010 Novak Race, against some blues from last summer that have been ran on asphalt and carpet maybe 20-25 runs total. The newer blues with only 5-8 runs not only were completely shot but they averaged about 4 tenths per lap slower and made the car a pain in the ass to drive.

Quote:
I have tested the Solaris tires on both Asphalt and Carpet. They run quite well on Asphalt and maintian good performance for at least 6-10 runs.

However on Carpet, these tires were excellent. They may in fact be the next big deal. The version that I ran was had an older wheel that has since been redesigned. I hear that the new wheel is the sheezy!!!
word is that some big names have been comparing them to Sorex's or better.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #26
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think you should all give Jack a chance to reply before you jump to conclusions. The only way JACO would know or find out about a potential problem or ad batch is from real feedback such as this.. The only changes I know of was the new wheel and the slight change to the inserts.

With all of Jack's years in the business he is well aware of how important racer feedback is and I am sure he will be chopin at the bit to look into this after the SnowBirds and things return to normal.

The #1 goal with the "Blue" tire is to create equal racing. It was not designed to be a "one run performance tire" it was designed to offer a fair playing field to all that choose to use it no matter how many runs on them. This is why it has become the tire for most spec classes.

JACO is based on racing, again give Jack a chance to look into things, He will get to the bottom of it and if need be he will get it to where it was or has to go.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We have a local racer that had about 6 heats on his with a large lump developing in the tire. It was very strange. He had to buy another set all together. It was not confidence inspiring.
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgae View Post
I am sure he will be chopin at the bit to look into this after the SnowBirds

maybe it's behind us.. (as few places in the u.s. have any to sell at the moment).
Old 02-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgae View Post
I think you should all give Jack a chance to reply before you jump to conclusions. The only way JACO would know or find out about a potential problem or ad batch is from real feedback such as this.. The only changes I know of was the new wheel and the slight change to the inserts.

With all of Jack's years in the business he is well aware of how important racer feedback is and I am sure he will be chopin at the bit to look into this after the SnowBirds and things return to normal.

The #1 goal with the "Blue" tire is to create equal racing. It was not designed to be a "one run performance tire" it was designed to offer a fair playing field to all that choose to use it no matter how many runs on them. This is why it has become the tire for most spec classes.

JACO is based on racing, again give Jack a chance to look into things, He will get to the bottom of it and if need be he will get it to where it was or has to go.
Have you been seeing excess wear on your JACO's from Lethbridge, Korgae?
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I only bought one set in Lethbridge for both TC classes. That set now has all of Lethbridge weekend plus two practice nights. So far no signs that they are any different than the older Blues.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote