R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Working on it, unfortunately because of my connection problems earlier I never had a chance to do any photo work, my practice is over and all my cars barely work (same old same old, haha) so I think I'm going to focus on this side of things for awhile.
ONly because its you Shane-I can get your D1 working tomorrow. Just stop by and well talk.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

man with the interduction of the wirless access i think this is going to be the most interactive r/c race ever and i think it is too cool. shane keep at it buddy there are pleanty of guys to help get you dialed around there ask for some help i did and some of the local guys there where very generous and helpful to me

thanks
Rob
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 PM   #48
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Practice just ended for the night moments ago, the building will close in about 30 minutes or so.

Lap times were dead for the first half of the day (Hooray for the Jlap) but eventually things got working. Not sure if they are posted on the JLap site as they were supposed to be but you might check. I will take a closer look when I get back to the hotel room.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:46 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Uhhhh, guys, someone should tell Matt the race is at The Gate, not Trackside! He's 335 miles too far west!

Qualifying starts at Friday @ 11am? Man, maybe I should leave tomorrow instead.....
LOL I think he means his connection is trackside.. not at Trackside.

The more the merrier as far as pics...

We need to get some pics of the Yokomo's again... never hurts to take a peak at toso's cars...

Also good luck Joor !!! Bring the HPI some glory...
Old 03-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #50
Tech Champion

What a long day. 7am to 9:30pm. Just about have a setup. Just looking for the right gearing.

This is my 1st big race. I've never seen so much traction. My screw in my diff came completely un done. It was set 1/2 turn out from tight. I never had that happen before.

Well tomorrow is another day.

Steve W.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is the URL where they are supposed to be posting laptimes???

Later EddieO
Old 03-24-2004, 08:43 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
What is the URL where they are supposed to be posting laptimes???

Later EddieO
www.clevelandcarpetracing.com Look under results-then Heat results. Too bad I left before they started to collect laptimes.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:09 PM   #53
R/C Tech Founder

I'll have pictures up for sure tomorrow, I just want to run a couple of solid practice rounds in the morning then I'll shelve my cars and just work on the site.

Webcam WILL be up by tomorrow evening thanks to David Joor and Avid R/C. Hopefully I can convince more tracks to get internet installed so I can do this at ALL of the events I attend (did I mention I signed on for the ROAR Paved Nationals in July? that will be our next event...).

Other news of note: Kinwald is not here -- he apparently fell ill during the Cactus Classic last week and didn't make the trip. Lemieux had school and is arriving tomorrow. All other notable pros seem to be there.

Blackstock is the man to beat in 12th scale. Not so sure about TC, I think it's anybody's game right now. Same with stock.

That's all I've got for the moment... usually there isn't too much going on the practice days, everybody is scrambling to test stuff and whatnot.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:37 PM   #54
R/C Tech Founder

Couple other tidbits:

The Parma Alfa is THE body to have here. The shop doesn't have any and I'd wager there are those who would be paying over retail to get them for the race. I pity those (such as myself) who weren't able to get one. haha

The Parma Speed 8 and Protoform Speed 12 bodies seem to be the hot tickets in 12th scale.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:49 PM   #55
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I could overnight one to you Shane but you would have to pay the bill for that.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:52 PM   #56
Tech Regular

A note on BK... I am sure he caught the bug from Amezcua... he felt terrible the whole event... It would be safe to say BK doesnt want any part of a serious event such as the nationals feeling like crap... cant blame him personally
Old 03-24-2004, 11:27 PM   #57
R/C Tech Founder

Kraig: Don't worry about it, when I arrive at these things with no practice, no sleep and no time to work on my stuff, I don't think I could do the body justice.

I did find out that Barry Baker and I went to the same high school. haha
Old 03-24-2004, 11:47 PM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What high school was that? I though I'd heard Barry was from the San Diego area.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:33 AM   #59
Ike
Tech Master

12L4 pics please! Goodluck to any of my old racing pals that might be there, and the young ones as well
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:10 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3racer
hes not against traction compound, just the paragon type, that stuff gets you higher than aeroplane, lol. Then the headache afterwards isn't the best either, i hate that stuff too.
Ya think that stuff is bad? Try 2 straight days in a building 30x50 with a 20% nitro 80%alky dragcar testing new fuel systems....most of the time RICH...only thing mooving the fumes was a 19 inch box fan!! talkin bout no eyes, ears, or voice for the next 2 weeks thats almost like a nitro rc race in your bedroom with 20 cars running at same time!
Brandon R is offline   Reply With Quote