R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Shane,

Great coverage as usual.
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:28 PM   #497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve, I was there, and saw the whole thing. You barely touched him, but sometimes with touring cars in a fairly high speed corner, that is all it takes. You waited for him, which was very sportsman like, but perhaps a little unneccesary, as you certainly did not "punt" him. Your post is quite admirable, and I believe you to be sincere as I saw you after the race and you looked upset. It was a racing accident plain and simple. It was very exciting to watch.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #498
Tech Fanatic

Steve, even though i wasn't at the race, the same thing happens to me all the time. I just nudge the car in front of me, possibly where i am faster in a section, and tell myself, "if i can get by, i can keep him back" So i nudge him a bit, and he spins, i wait for him, and after the race, apologize. If the hit wasn't big, or cost the guy more than 1 position, he is usually cool about it. From the track, i looks like the nudge might have been after the straight. In my case, i love to pull right up to a guys rear bumper, just to scare him, but when the guy slows down more than previous laps, sh*t happens. I knew i shoulda went to this race, since i was on spring break, but travel wouldn't have happened..
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:49 PM   #499
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you stopped....there isn't much more you can do....and if someone wants to whine about it, not much you can do.

Later EddieO
Old 03-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #500
R/C Tech Founder

I actually thought one of the neatest things about the event was how happy some of the winners were at the end. I've been to a lot of races where somebody wins a championship and they are "ho-hum" about it.

When Josh pulled off after the A2 he looked like he was about to faint. When Chuck held on for the A3 win (over Kyle Gannon, I think?) he must have lept about 3 feet into the air on the stand. It was awesome. That's the kind of stuff that makes racing fun.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #501
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #502
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wish I could have seen the mod a mains that would have been pretty cool. i have seen cyrul race and his car rips.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:17 PM   #503
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

EddieO-Before you start talking smack..NO ONE has said a thing about the "incident" so your post about whining is way off the mark. While admirable as Steve's post may be, you try and TQ 3 rounds of a national event, win the first main and then have "incidental" contact with the same driver in the last 2 mains that would eventually lead to you not winning a race you dominated.

Alex is a class act and never said a single word to Steve..and before you go spouting off at the mouth, I was there...next to Alex right after their race.

The only reason I posted here, is because I hate to see stories evolve into something they are not. This is a dead issue. Talk about something useful and move on to the next event, The Reedy Race.

Michael Abraira
Old 03-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #504
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Last edited by barnacle; 03-29-2004 at 02:38 PM.
barnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:37 PM   #505
R/C Tech Founder

I understand that, but to a point. If you make the show at a National Championship, and the A3 rolls around and you have no chance to win the event, does that mean you should roll over and play dead? I think every driver has every right to try to win any race they are in.

If you are lapped, you better pull off line, for sure. No doubt about it.

But this case was a bit different, the cars in question were trying to win the race, the only difference is, one of them could still win the championship. Should the other have just let him go? Would that have been fair to the other 3 guys who also had a chance at winning? They too were battling with 6 other cars who didn't have a chance to win the championship either.

The A2 main was brutal and there was a lot of contact with just about everybody. Unfortunately Alex got about the worst of it, I saw him get blasted by a bunch of people as the pack bunched up after a poor start, and once again I don't think that was really anybody's fault. When six cars try and enter the same chicane, they're not all going to make it, period.

I saw a lot of yelling and poor sportsmanship all weekend but I'll admit most of it was confined to the mod division and a few lower mains. And of course that is a still a great minority of the people there. Alex was understandably upset about the outcome (as any of us would be) and so was Steve. It just didn't turn out, but there's always another day and another race. I think we all should forget this and congratulate Chuck on his repeat win and move on...
Old 03-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #506
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where did I say anyone WAS whining? I said if someone WANTS to whine about it, not much you can do....learn to read BEFORE you talk smack......I was simply giving some advice to Steve to not beat himself over something that happened on the track.....

I love idiots on the net who don't read a post correctly before making a comment....

Later EddieO
Old 03-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #507
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by David Joor
Glad Avid RC could help sponsor some of Shane's efforts. Just flew in and going to rest finally.

For those interested in why I went back to the TC3 in practice from the Pro4, please visit the Pro4 thread.
David, it was really cool of you to handle the video even though I didn't get to see any of it!!! LOL

Wanted to mention that I wish you had either gotten the Pro4 to work or started with the TC3 in practice. Your car had awesome rip in the mains and you were so smoooth- had you started with one car, the added tuning and familiarity of the track woulda put you in the show. Too bad.

See ya soon!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #508
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

EddieO- The way you put it just made it sound like you were saying that he was whining, just a misunderstanding, not a big deal.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #509
Tech Rookie

Hey Racers,
It's Johnny V here. My voice is slowly returning, much to the dismay of my wife. I read through the posts for the nationals and am mostly happy about what I see. I guess Aaron, Holly, Jimmy, Mark, Bob, Ian, and I put on an okay show. I am really relieved to hear that the Pulfernator is doing well. And Ian, thanks for the kudos. We make a great team, don't we. As far as Alex and Steve, I was the official referee for this race, and I watched the whole incident. The contact was totally unintentional. If it had not been, I would have taken action. Emotions run high at races like this. I can't fault Alex for his disappointment. And everyone reading this knows that if you saw an opening like Steve had, you probably would have taken it, too. Nuff said.
LoudMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:24 PM   #510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Eddie and Michael- guys, speaking from experience, please let me intervene before this goes any further. Michael, I know you a little now from racing and I'm pretty sure you are like me in the way you feel strongly about things... but this isn't worth harsh words and long term broken friendships. We are all freinds here on RCTech. Steve was very polite in the way he apologized in front of everyone here and I know Alex is upset, so let's all leave this in the past. Alex is an awesome driver and he'll have many chances to win national events in the future.

I would like make one other statement to everyone especially the guys who regularly make the show at national events- Just like Futureal (Shane), I was a little disappointed in the driving and attitudes. It was an awesome race, we had TONS of fun, and you guys all showed MAD skillz!! Let's try to learn a lesson from this race and not taint future races with poor sportsmanship both on the track and verbally.

Quick thanks to all who gave me a hand this past week!!! Fernando, Todd Putnam, Eric Anderson, Robert (KO), Mark Adams, and many others I can't think of right now...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote