R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   R/C Tech LIVE from the 2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36441-r-c-tech-live-2004-roar-carpet-nationals.html)

RCGaryK 03-24-2004 03:43 PM

We have a connection here, TRACKSIDE!
Uhhhh, guys, someone should tell Matt the race is at The Gate, not Trackside! He's 335 miles too far west! :lol: :weird:

Qualifying starts at Friday @ 11am? Man, maybe I should leave tomorrow instead.....

Matt Francis 03-24-2004 03:48 PM

Track already has tons of grip. More steering than most rugs I have ran on. The normal expected people are fast with nobody stand out fast yet. THis is my first time to this track, so I cannot compare it to the Indoor Champs practice track, but I can say that it is a very nice place, big track, but as usual I have one complaint........PARAGON! This stuff should be BANNED from racing!!!!

Lonestar 03-24-2004 03:56 PM

Hey Matt,

good luck from switzerland, from a fellow Biff Racing Team member ;) !!!

Later,
Paul

Chris08527 03-24-2004 03:56 PM

Matt,

why are you anti-traction compound???

Chris08527

Lonestar 03-24-2004 03:58 PM

Joor,

go kick some booty too! And be careful to californian chicken fried steaks, you never know what they're made of :D

Later,
Paul

pro3racer 03-24-2004 04:06 PM

hes not against traction compound, just the paragon type, that stuff gets you higher than aeroplane, lol. Then the headache afterwards isn't the best either, i hate that stuff too.

gearless 03-24-2004 04:26 PM

:lol:

Killing me softly .....

:D

rayhuang 03-24-2004 04:37 PM

Originally posted by Matt Francis
Track already has tons of grip. More steering than most rugs I have ran on. The normal expected people are fast with nobody stand out fast yet. THis is my first time to this track, so I cannot compare it to the Indoor Champs practice track, but I can say that it is a very nice place, big track, but as usual I have one complaint........PARAGON! This stuff should be BANNED from racing!!!!
Matt-we tried and tried and tried, but got beat down. I too hate Paragon. BTW-MAtt-your car looked really good today.

Ray

glitcher 03-24-2004 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Matt Francis
I heard a rumor about a "no smell" Parigon coming soon!!!!!
Matt,do me a favor,smack Ray Darroch in the back of the head for me.Tell him that's from "B*tch". Thanks.

EddieO 03-24-2004 05:15 PM

The new odorless paragon is already out.....one of the local shop owners had some at regionals. We didn't get to use it, but it was pretty much odorless. It still had a slight smell, but wasn't a super strong wintergreen.....

Later EddieO

DerekB 03-24-2004 05:32 PM

Originally posted by EddieO
The new odorless paragon is already out.....one of the local shop owners had some at regionals. We didn't get to use it, but it was pretty much odorless. It still had a slight smell, but wasn't a super strong wintergreen.....

Later EddieO

Wasn't there an odorless version already. Odorless usually means less effective.

Is Matt at the same track as everyone? Maybe he's so Paragon high that he thinks he somewhere else!!!

rayhuang 03-24-2004 07:05 PM

Originally posted by EddieO

Later EddieO

The new paragon odorless is available at Nationals for sale already. Yu get a can if you buy a can of Ground Effects.

Kevin K 03-24-2004 07:07 PM

Any Pics yet?????

How soon until we get to see some pics of the track and the action??? Comon Shane its not like you are racing or have 1000 other things to do....lol.

First report I have heard the track is building traction and the only problem part is right in front of the driver's stand. The carpet seems to be bunching up a liitle with corner that is laid out there.....they say its a high speed section so that might have something to do with it. But Im sure the Gate "keepers" will have this worked out and everything else is running nicely from what I have heard. Good luck to all the guys that made it out there from around here.

futureal 03-24-2004 07:08 PM

Working on it, unfortunately because of my connection problems earlier I never had a chance to do any photo work, my practice is over and all my cars barely work (same old same old, haha) so I think I'm going to focus on this side of things for awhile.

Kevin K 03-24-2004 07:11 PM

LOL....just give your car to Brian Jucha and have him set it up for you while you get some pics and other stuff done...lol. You can tell him that I said so too...:lol: