R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chaos2984
Default TC5R help

Ive had my tc5r for awhile now got it the last race of outdoors and it was set uip pretty well. But im having issues with our indoor track its a high traction asphalt track. Where running jaco blues on the car. and im having issues with the car i cant seem to correct. Without traction compound the rear end wants to walk out. But the big problem i cant seem to fix is traction roll. I have the car pretty well balanced side to side. And were running 17.5
Im sure its something simple causing it. But im pretty new to the adjustments and what they affect. Can someone school me on what all the adjustments help and hurt and what will fix my traction roll

garage xray m18(2) 416x nitro rs4 nitro rs4 3 evo traxxas slash hpi savage Xray NT1 MTX4R Tamiya 416x a few nice planes in my hangar.
chaos2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
Ive had my tc5r for awhile now got it the last race of outdoors and it was set uip pretty well. But im having issues with our indoor track its a high traction asphalt track. Where running jaco blues on the car. and im having issues with the car i cant seem to correct. Without traction compound the rear end wants to walk out. But the big problem i cant seem to fix is traction roll. I have the car pretty well balanced side to side. And were running 17.5
Im sure its something simple causing it. But im pretty new to the adjustments and what they affect. Can someone school me on what all the adjustments help and hurt and what will fix my traction roll
Stand up shocks, stiffen car, lower ride height. There's a traction roll thread below which have some useful tips.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
Tech Master

stand up the shocks in the front or rear. What causes traction roll to much traction in the front end

garage xray m18(2) 416x nitro rs4 nitro rs4 3 evo traxxas slash hpi savage Xray NT1 MTX4R Tamiya 416x a few nice planes in my hangar.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
stand up the shocks in the front or rear. What causes traction roll to much traction in the front end
Dan, There are many things you can do to cure traction roll. You can:

Reduce front camber
Soften front springs
Make the front end wider
Lower the front lower arm mounts
Glue the sidewall on the fronts
More droop all around
Etc

Without seeing the car/setup it is hard to say exactly what will be the best option for you. Stop by HTU sometime when im there and I will take a look

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Tech Adept

There is an in-depth discussion on traction rolling in this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...n-rolling.html

It is a complicated issue, but that thread should get you started.

regards

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Tech Master

sounds good yea just didnt have much time at the track to really start adjusting it and see what works and what doesnt