R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #1
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default TC3 Graphite Chassis, Best Aftermarket model?

Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrading my TC3 to a new graphite plate chassis. I see there are alot of versions out there by BMI, XTreme Racing, IRS, etc.

Please post your feelings on graphite plate chassis for the TC3 in general as well as which of these you feel is the best for the money.

Also, if someone can post the advantages of these chassis over the stock one that would be great too.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Warpspeed- Soppose to take Torque steering Away. Also Looks different With the Motor and battery placement.Doesnt have that Dumb 7th cell space. IMO its best aftermarket chassis out.
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

xtreme chassis has worked awesome for me. Tweaks the same every time out, no fighting the car, I know exactly what to expect every qualifier. 1-803-242-5319 is the direct line if you have any Q's
Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up Chassis Upgrade

Three letters B.M.I. Quite simply the best.
1fastdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:36 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

i use bmi and i think it is a great chasses because the developer is so open and is willing to do little mods for you and you can get different top plates to sute your style of racing and at 120 or less for the chasses and all the hardwear i don't think you can go wrong. by far the best priced

imho

Rob
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:39 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Warpspeed....ive seen the others or had them personally and i think the Warpspeed is the better of them all...look what the fast guys are running...Warpspeed...like their logo says....When you're ready to get serious
Old 03-22-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
Tech Legend

Can you guys post the link to warpspeed as well as BMI? My main thing is strength in the chassis. Looking at some BMI chassis, I love the top plate, but the graphite in the battery slots looks kind of thin. Has this been an issue or is it ok.

Also, at times I have to run stick packs, which of these holds them in the best.

Hmm, no one likes IRS?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:49 PM   #8
Tech Elite

www.warpspeed-racing.com
www.bmiracing.com

on the BMI the battery slots are not a problem
Old 03-22-2004, 12:55 PM   #9
Tech Legend

What is the main difference between the D1 and the D2 from Warp speed?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
Can you guys post the link to warpspeed as well as BMI? My main thing is strength in the chassis. Looking at some BMI chassis, I love the top plate, but the graphite in the battery slots looks kind of thin. Has this been an issue or is it ok.

Also, at times I have to run stick packs, which of these holds them in the best.

Hmm, no one likes IRS?
the battery slots are tapered to lower the center of gravity but thay all will have about the same distance betweet the insets as for stick packs i have never done it that way but a educated guess would say that thay would slide out on a hard hit

Rob
Old 03-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #11
Tech Elite

the D1 is same wheelbase or close to the stock setting...the D2 is about 1/2 inch shorter which in turn is better for really small tight tracks...the shorter wheelbase makes for a really twitchy car
Old 03-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #12
Tech Legend

Anyone got picks of there vehicles with the conversion on it? if so please post. Also, anyone have opinions on the IRS conversion?

The BMI looks good. Does the top brace come with it? Also, what from the stock TC3 won't fit?
Old 03-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #13
Tech Elite

i had the IRS for a couple of days but didn't care for it...i was told by a few of the fast guys that frequent our track once in awhile it isn't for me also...so i happily got rid of it...but thats just my experience with it ...i'm sure there are manyhappy IRS chassis owners out there
Old 03-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

I tried the IRS. It is by far the most flexible of all of them. The Warpspeed has terrible torque steer. The BMI is the one I finally settled on. It is by far the nicest design, fit and finish. For the price, it really can't be beat. It is very stiff and therefore responds very well to minor adjustments. If you want to use stick packs. I would recommend puttind a strip on either side of the battery slots or an impact may have some terrible effects.
Arcee Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #15
Tech Regular

find the bmi thread on this board there are tons of pics. the topplate does come with it including all the standoffs and screws and new motor mount . all the tc3 parts fit on the car with no mods. he also does extras you can buy like nerf bars and a top ft bumper brace for extra cost

rob