Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC3 Graphite Chassis, Best Aftermarket model? >

TC3 Graphite Chassis, Best Aftermarket model?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 Graphite Chassis, Best Aftermarket model?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hmm. ok, leaning towards the bmi and the xtreme chassis, warpspeed looks alittle less polished than the others.

For anyone using the Xtreme chassis, what are its +'s and -'s ? I like the look of it as far as the outer upper braces which would hold a pack in well.

Has anyone weighed these chassis and can provide some numbers.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

the xtreme chassis doesnt have the battery moved towards the middle but it sure does look nice
Old 03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

I run the irs chassis with the stiffening kit. I like it always tweakes the same (i think all plate chassis do) I found that I had to run 1 step softer springs than the regular tc3s to get the same handling. but I think the irs kit is a bit to expensive ( I got mine used) its 250$ by the time you get the braces. The only advantage I see with the irs car is the braces protect the electronics.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

How strong are BMI's nerf wings? Anyone try to rig up there own set? ( I run BRP Nerfs right now ).

Also, does anyone make a mod that will stiffen the current TC3 chassis?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Warpspeed makes an upper deck for the stock chassis as a mod...i believe
Old 03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Arcee Newbie
The Warpspeed has terrible torque steer. .
if torque steering is that terrible Theres something wrong with The Car setup.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
Warpspeed makes an upper deck for the stock chassis as a mod...i believe
yes, theres is.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
if torque steering is that terrible Theres something wrong with The Car setup.
i was thinking the same but didnt post it
Old 03-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

The torque steer is bad on the Warpspeed because the motor is on the wrong side. Associated did there homework. Warpspeed did not. They changed it because they thought the batteries would be better on the other side. While in stock it is not that bad but a mod motor with torque makes the problem much more pronounced. It is caused by the leverage loading upon exceleration.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The xtreme chassis DOES have the batts moved in. There is a pic of my car (xtreme) in the snowbirds section of this website. You can get it in silver, blue, red, or regular black. My battery bars are very close to the drive shaft. I am always border line on weight in mod and have to add weight in stock. You will be the lightest legal car at the track. I am sure they are all quality kits with high points to each. It's the only conversion I have used, but have had no reason to switch. It always handles consistently, and with some of the trick colors, it has the bling as well. I get no torque steer even when running 8 turns. Call the number and speak with Bruce. I posted it earlier, he can answer any questions you may have. He makes a 2.5mm and 3mm. You want the 3mm, the 2.5 is way underweight.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Arcee Newbie
The torque steer is bad on the Warpspeed because the motor is on the wrong side. Associated did there homework. Warpspeed did not. They changed it because they thought the batteries would be better on the other side. While in stock it is not that bad but a mod motor with torque makes the problem much more pronounced. It is caused by the leverage loading upon exceleration.
Actually Warpspeed changed where the batts and Motors Go to REDUCE Torque Steering. Now that its Moved the Motor turns Clockwise which is to the outside of the Chassis. The batteries on other hand are heavier so with the Torque of motor pulling the Car Right and the Battery weight on other side They Kind of Cancel Each other out. Before with the weight of battery and the torque of motors It would all be concentrated on the left side of the car. My 2 cents
Old 03-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

well my Barracuda R2 has the motor on the opposite side as the regular TC3 and never felt torque steer...i can't explain i'm not a rocket scientist
Old 03-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

The spin of the motor clockwise looking at it from the chassis front is actually trying to twist the can in the other direction when you hit the throttle. The torque foces are opposite counterclockwise. With the normal setup these torque forces have to lift the heavier batteries and fight gravity. Moving them to the other side is pushing down on the batts going with gravity. So IMO the Warpspeed idea is wrong. But, theres alwayse a but. If the chassis is balanced wich we all should be doing right. Then it just doesnt matter wich side they are on as both sides should weigh the same. The torque steer is eliminated in both BMI and Warpspeed chassis not by the configuration but by the stiffness of the chassis itself. Torque steer is caused by either chassis flex or bad tweak. Both of wich are eliminated by both chassis. Some say that because we make more right turns that they should be switched also. That is also wrong. Balance your chassis and all will be well in RC land. If you balance your chassis and set your ride height perfectly tweak will not exist. Both chassis are a far improvement over the stock tub. Choose wichever you think is cooler and a better deal, thay are both proven and both fast.

I only mention BMI and Warpspeed as all the other chassis I have seen are inferior in alot of ways and dont count. IMHO

Speedie
Old 03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
The spin of the motor clockwise looking at it from the chassis front is actually trying to twist the can in the other direction when you hit the throttle. The torque foces are opposite counterclockwise. With the normal setup these torque forces have to lift the heavier batteries and fight gravity. Moving them to the other side is pushing down on the batts going with gravity. So IMO the Warpspeed idea is wrong. But, theres alwayse a but. If the chassis is balanced wich we all should be doing right. Then it just doesnt matter wich side they are on as both sides should weigh the same. The torque steer is eliminated in both BMI and Warpspeed chassis not by the configuration but by the stiffness of the chassis itself. Torque steer is caused by either chassis flex or bad tweak. Both of wich are eliminated by both chassis. Some say that because we make more right turns that they should be switched also. That is also wrong. Balance your chassis and all will be well in RC land. If you balance your chassis and set your ride height perfectly tweak will not exist. Both chassis are a far improvement over the stock tub. Choose wichever you think is cooler and a better deal, thay are both proven and both fast.

I only mention BMI and Warpspeed as all the other chassis I have seen are inferior in alot of ways and dont count. IMHO

Speedie
Agreed
Old 03-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Agreed. But, you took all the fun out of the discussion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.