Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals (The Gate) >

2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals (The Gate)

2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals (The Gate)

Old 03-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shane - Tell me what you need, I would be willing to sponsor it and I have plenty of bandwidth we can use so your site will stay responsive. Email me or grab me at the race and we can set it up.

Could be the Rctech/Avid RC Bearings video feed.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

sweet nice to see everyone comming together i only wish i could be there in person

rob
Old 03-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

How is the Jlap thing going to work? Are the lap times going to be posted on a website and we can access it? or.... ?

Anyway, it should be a great race, cant wait till tom night when i fly out!

See you guys there!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Imo, it would be better to listen to the race instead of watching it. Than we would know who exactly places where. And plus, it takes up less bandwidth(at least i think it does)
Old 03-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Audio feed is a lot more bandwidth than a picture every 10 seconds. That would be sweet though and really is not that difficult. I am sure we will see this type of stuff in coming years.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
R/C Tech Founder

David, I will connect with you on it at the race on Wednesday. That would be great to have running!

rcguy: As David said, any sort of stream, be it audio or video, is going to take up a lot of bandwidth, and would require a server side application running to host it. With a 10-second snapshot from a webcam, you are reducing the load drastically.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Good luck everyone going to the race. Most of you know I am not attending due to a surgery my daughter had today. It went perfectly.

Came home to let the dog out and thought I would jump online and see what is shaking right quick.

Lay it down for me!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RBLove
Good luck everyone going to the race. Most of you know I am not attending due to a surgery my daughter had today. It went perfectly.

Came home to let the dog out and thought I would jump online and see what is shaking right quick.

Lay it down for me!
YOu never saw anyone lookin so good in the M-Main my brutha!!! hahaha!!

So glad to hear about your Daughter and you'll be missed at the Nats for sure!! But look on the bright side-A-Main Champs, A-Main Snowbirds, A-Main Halloween Classic!! Not too shabby of a year!!

Ray
Old 03-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Rob.....Good new on your daughter....that had to be difficult for you! Glad everything is going ok.

Jason Longbrake......watch out for Seaball!!!!!! He has some "tendencies" that have been a little disturbing to us at the track.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rob Love

Rob...you could always send up your team packs ...I can run them so they don't get stale
Old 03-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
YOu never saw anyone lookin so good in the M-Main my brutha!!! hahaha!!

So glad to hear about your Daughter and you'll be missed at the Nats for sure!! But look on the bright side-A-Main Champs, A-Main Snowbirds, A-Main Halloween Classic!! Not too shabby of a year!!

Ray
Hey Ray I'll be there with ya in the M main!!!

Rob glad everything went good with your daughter!! Call me later in the week and I'll give you an update.

EA
Old 03-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey RB.....Glad to hear things went well and best wishes from all here in Florida

Shoot me an e-mail EA.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rob- glasd things went well !!!!! Are oyu gonna get to hang out with me and EA a little? I know you'll be spending as much time as possible with the princess... but we'd be glad to rag on ya for a while!!!

Ray- they are running Jlap? OH CRAP!!! Maybe I better bring my laptop with our copy of RC Scoring Pro!!!! We ran it at the first race yesterday for the MSRA and it ran perfectly!!!! Had a little problem importing the transponders, but otherwise awesome!!! Wow, it was such a HUGE relief from the last year of Jlap. What a terrible $800 lesson.

See ya Wednesday.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM
R/C Tech Founder

BigDog: Amen to that, our club made the same $800 mistake. Nothing says support like the software developer forcing you to pay more money to fix bugs that never should have been there in the first place. It was like paying our club's annual budget to become beta testers.

We're making the switch to RC Scoring Pro... haha
Old 03-23-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RBLove

Lay it down for me!
Good Deal RB!!!! Glad to hear everything went well for your girl.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.