Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
need some 19 turn motor advice >

need some 19 turn motor advice

need some 19 turn motor advice

Old 03-22-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default need some 19 turn motor advice

We are starting a 19 turn class at the local on- road track and I need some help with a proper motor.Our track is indoor asphalt 50x100 and I am running a HPI Pro4.Track isn't too technical kind of middle ground the fastest laps in pro stock ar in the high 15's low 16's. Any advice and reasoning on a good 19 turn is greatly appreciated.This is my first step out of the stock ranks and I have no idea what's hot and what's not for 19 turn running.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Reedy quad mag 19t. End of story.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am going to race 19T this summer too, but I need to know the best 19 T motor with fixed timing 24 deg ?

Does the Reedy Quad Mag have fixed timing 24 deg ?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: need some 19 turn motor advice

Originally posted by SOuthernFRIED
We are starting a 19 turn class at the local on- road track and I need some help with a proper motor.Our track is indoor asphalt 50x100 and I am running a HPI Pro4.Track isn't too technical kind of middle ground the fastest laps in pro stock ar in the high 15's low 16's. Any advice and reasoning on a good 19 turn is greatly appreciated.This is my first step out of the stock ranks and I have no idea what's hot and what's not for 19 turn running.
James, you didn't need to post here, all you gotta do is call me!!! lol

I'll put you on a good 19t setup- call my cell 870-7220
Old 03-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 268 (100%+)

Quad Mag has fixed timing at 24 degrees and I believe it is now ROAR legal as well. If you need to have adjustable timing, you can trim the stop tab.

I have this motor and I am highly impressed with it in my TC3. The speed on this thing is unbelievable and I was easily undergeared, probably could have gone up another 2 teeth ( 48 pitch pinions ).

This motor has loads of torque and crazy top end. If you get it, run it as it is out of the box and see how you like it. Begin your gearing as you would gear a stock motor. This seems to be the best way to get it tuned to the track. You probably will go up 2 teeth, maybe 3.

If you want higher power output, look into 767 brushes. these work great as well, the 766s just wear better.