Wiki Posts
Search

New to onroad which car to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default New to onroad which car to get?

Hi i'm racing off-road but now I'm looking to get some onroad car which one i should get and why.It's down to these 3 models:

Xray T2008
Associated TC 5
Hot Bodies Cyclon TC

which one is good for the beginer.Thanks for help
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Skip the 008. Xray now makes the T3.. thats whats current and your parts support would be better running the newest chassis.

I recommend the T3. And they will all do good for beginner. Dont go cheap if your sure your not going to quit after a few races. Dont expect to win and expect to learn as go. It takes time to go fast. Slow is fast....
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default ......Hmm.....

......I do argee with Mr. Lagace-though these three (3) cars are competitive , Mr. Hudy and son [ of X Ray] reflect alot of customer feed-back evident in the evolution of X Ray cars-admitedly, in all honesty,I would pick up an Associated car ( due to finances ) ........take note, this is just my opinion & i also should mention, I haven't driven the T2-T3 cars or the Hot Bodies Cyclone ............as a good rule of thumb, parts availability plays a large part in car choice. For what it's worth Cliffhanger ,if you have driven off road (buggys\trucks-gas or electric)you may not totally be a "new" driver.
Anyways , goodluck with on-road cliffhanger. Happy motoring
Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cliffhanger
Hi i'm racing off-road but now I'm looking to get some onroad car which one i should get and why.It's down to these 3 models:

Xray T2008
Associated TC 5
Hot Bodies Cyclon TC

oop
Old 01-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cliffhanger

Xray T2008
Associated TC 5
Hot Bodies Cyclon TC

Hi
So your from BC..I would get the TC5 or Xray .. See Keith Yu for TC5 set up or Korgae Scales for Xray..
Old 01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The 008's a great car and parts are just as readily available for it as the T3 if not more so, lol. I will also say that now that the 009 and T3 have been released you can get great deals on the 008. For parts check Amain, Nexus, RCAmerica, Ebay, Stormer... Parts aren't a problem.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

I vote for the T2'008 since I am still driving one. Its quality is world class and parts are very tough and easy to find. Over the past 1.5 yrs of owning it, I only need to change the 2 steering blocks, and 1 front belt. Nothing else is broken from very heavy crashes. Its ball diff is just ultra durable.

As for TC5 or Cyclone TC... never tried, but I am sure they are very good cars as well.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any one of these chassis can do you well. They all have their assets and drawbacks. All of them can be driven very fast. The key issue for anyone new is help. Look around and find out what the drivers at your local track are driving. Help from others driving the same chassis and parts will make it the 'best' chassis.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Are any of these cars really suited to a beginner (honestly)
Perhaps a TA-05 is the best car for a beginner.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

TA05 or even TT01 are good beginner cars. They are inexpensive and very durable. However, dont 'over-upgrade' these cars, as they will end up costing more than a top-of-the-line car like the T3, 416 or cyclone TC.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1101
Agreed a $300-$500 car is not a beginner car.

Beginner cars:

Tamiya TA05
HPI Sprint 2 or E10
HB Cyclone S
Old 01-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
Really??? I picked my 008 rubber car up in excellent condition for $170. I bought some spares on Ebay and I'm good to go. The Xray car is a very nice piece and is still a competitive platform. I'm not saying the TA-05 isn't a good beginner car but more that the Xray definitely is. Not to mention Xrays are forgiving and easy to drive.

On another note I also own a TC5 and it is a very good car too that is strong with a lot of part support and parts are very cheap but put the Parma HARD bumper on the car and you will rarely need them.

Really part support plays a big role, if you can't get parts for the car then don't bother buying it. TC's are pretty tough but eventually your gonna need something.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

beginner does not equal low income? Why buy a low end car if the OP plans to race for a long time..... all the cars drive the same the low end cars are not easier to drive and as for setup they all require the same work or knowledge...
Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Also why buy a 008, when its been replaced by the 009 and now T3? Im only talking if buying new. Used is different obviously price matters if your buying used..

I have been out of TC so im not sure hoe much T3 parts fit the 008, but i know my LHS was pissed when the T2 platform arrived and all his T1 parts became useless... they still have them on the wall today!

In CND get a TC5 or XRAY.. Xray support is thin in the ottawa area but could be really good in BC as Korgae is right there.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

T2 008 is a great car. Its basically the same as T2 009. so parts are easy to find. i drive myself a T2 008 and i am gonna keep it until next inddor season i think. A very good car, high quality and crashes is not a problem for this car, it doesnt brake easy at all.

Also the other cars like yokomo, hot bodies, tamiya, associated etc is very good cars aswell.

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.