R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

gluing the sidewalls might work, but it will make the car push and you are starting from scratch again in a way...

The issue actually presented itself when bite came up, as it was the front end digging in (thus superglue on the front might help it, as i know it does in foam) too much from the bite, so more traction would only make it worse. This is all on regular paragon keep in mind. I feel the same would happen though with any traction compound, although I always felt you can slide more on paragon than you can on jack or any other similar sticky/sugary compounds
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i've had this happen before. the two things that helped me were:

1 - making my car as wide as legally possible. this helped give me a bunch of stability everywhere.
2 - make sure your ESC drag brake isn't causing this problem. i had been running 30% drag break on Tekin v200/v199 software and then converted it over to a 10% push setup. my car doesn't get unsettled when lifting in large sweepers at the end of the straight.

also, i think if your over do it on adding camber your car will just react weird at times. i try to not run more than -2.5 degrees in the rear.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
i've had this happen before. the two things that helped me were:

1 - making my car as wide as legally possible. this helped give me a bunch of stability everywhere.
2 - make sure your ESC drag brake isn't causing this problem. i had been running 30% drag break on Tekin v200/v199 software and then converted it over to a 10% push setup. my car doesn't get unsettled when lifting in large sweepers at the end of the straight.

also, i think if your over do it on adding camber your car will just react weird at times. i try to not run more than -2.5 degrees in the rear.
I'll have to try making the car wider, it's very narrow right now. I think it's close to 185 F/R!

Okay, so gluing the sidewalls totally worked. It made the car better in the problem areas, but also a lot more predictable when maneuvering through tight sections at low speed. It was really nice to have the car work so well!

So, is there something in setup you can do to achieve the same effect? Gluing seems like such a hack. I'm more than happy to do it, especially after fighting this for so long, but it complicates things.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:17 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'll have to try making the car wider, it's very narrow right now. I think it's close to 185 F/R!

Okay, so gluing the sidewalls totally worked. It made the car better in the problem areas, but also a lot more predictable when maneuvering through tight sections at low speed. It was really nice to have the car work so well!

So, is there something in setup you can do to achieve the same effect? Gluing seems like such a hack. I'm more than happy to do it, especially after fighting this for so long, but it complicates things.
You can follow the steps greg sharpe posted in the "traction roll" thread, you can mitigate the glue, but personally I like the way the glue works. What I have been doing is using a unglued set of tires for practice and usually rd 1/2 depending on the track, then use the glued set after.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Have you adjusted rear droop? It seems that the rear is coming up too much transferring too much weight to the front and taking too much weight off of the rear. Just a thought and its free to try.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

body rub.. or dumping and grounding the chassis.. ride height.

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote