Old 03-20-2004, 10:28 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you built it, they will come.
MManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:42 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Default tuning ability

I find it hard to believe that anyone can tune a car so well that they need the advantages that this chassis could offer. if they are that good then they probably dont need the chassis anyway

my 2 cents
KIMCOM RACING Driver #1
RC8B : REEDY 121 : Nitro-X fuel : Spektrum Radios
gkp5569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
i apologize,i wish you guys the best.
you guys do know me,bob emailed me from my website inquiring about my chassis on january 29th.
anyway,please post some pics when its done.its nice to see some more companies offering high performance hop ups for some of the highest quality r/c cars.

good luck guys,

jason
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:41 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Man people what's the big deal with flaming a guy making new chassis's. Just because the top deck looks like another company's doesn't mean you have to flame him, hell there is a chance it's a coincidence and even if isn't what does it matter?? Hey my sorex dish wheels look like my yokomo dish wheels, damnit I'm mad!!

Well I for one like the chassis like I said when the new warpspeed come out and when the new BMI chassis came out. Now people are swearing by them. I can remember when the BMI chassis came out and alot of people started flaming that guy when they never even ran one.

BobW, I would ignore the people disliking your work and carry on with your business. Now one here flaming your work has run one of your chassis's so I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as balance goes, man it makes all the differance in the world. I've raced an xray evo2 and it was a night and day experience after running a tc3 a year and I've seen a modified tc3 tub chassis(in action) have that configuration before and yes it was fast.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i agree.bob,i apologize.i was in your shoes 6 months ago.i wish you alot of luck with your kit.if there is anything i can do to help feel free to ask.i think that the whole thing with our upper braces looking alike means we both had a similar vision.good luck buddy,lets see some pics up here soon
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:16 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to admit I was a little concerned what would be on this thread when I returned but I must say I am relieved. Thanks for the encouragement.

I picked my 2x2 sheet of carbon fibre from my LHS yesterday so I can start fabrication. I expect it will be a few weeks before I have any hardware in hand but I will try to keep this thread alive.

I also spent some time today designing another upper chassis concept. This one doesn't resemble Jason's. I do plan to evaluate both designs though.

Finally Jason no need to apologize and good luck to you as well. Maybe we'll meet at a race someday and have a beer and a good laugh.

Bob
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #37
Tech Lord

sounds good bud.
J Concepts
Old 03-21-2004, 08:24 PM   #38
Tech Master

Default Now thats what Im talking about!

I just read this thread and was kind of disappointed but im glad to read you 2 seen the light..LOL

I have 2 track crew members at my track that run the BMI and the other the Warp! Its fun to see them go head to head and always poke fun at each other....dang, maybe one of my other crew members will buy this chassis when its out and smoke them both..LOL

Peace..
John G.
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:28 PM   #39
Tech Lord

J Concepts
Old 03-21-2004, 08:32 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

theres 3 people at my track now that run the BMI chassis...ill be representin Warpspeed shortly time to layeth the smacketh down
Old 03-21-2004, 08:44 PM   #41
Tech Lord

good luck
J Concepts
Old 03-21-2004, 08:49 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
theres 3 people at my track now that run the BMI chassis...ill be representin Warpspeed shortly time to layeth the smacketh down
theres Noone At my Track running Aftermarket chassis and im already doing better than ever with a WArpspeed Demon1
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Default Re: Now thats what Im talking about!

Quote:
Originally posted by RCJohnny
I just read this thread and was kind of disappointed but im glad to read you 2 seen the light..LOL

I have 2 track crew members at my track that run the BMI and the other the Warp! Its fun to see them go head to head and always poke fun at each other....dang, maybe one of my other crew members will buy this chassis when its out and smoke them both..LOL

Peace..
John G.
Hey johnny !!! theres no one on the team with the talent .. To beat me.. hhehe
Old 03-21-2004, 09:38 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Top Deck

Hey its great to see everyone is on good terms now.
I will be getting my FTTC3 this week!

I cant wait to see the new "upper deck" design. I know its going to be killer looking!

Your the man BOB!

Edward Pickering.

ETC3 TNG V7 Test-Pilot
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Good to see the bickering has stopped. I'm sure that guy will enjoy building his cad designed car. I wish I knew fully how to use cad.

Anyway this is my prototype tc3. I'm real sorry but I can't show you guys any more pics than this as I want to keep some of it secret for the time being. This car has also been designed on cad but only in 2d. The car has actually been modified since this pic and there is a evo version on the drawing board which improves this design dramatically in some areas (one is straightening up the tie rods to reduce bump steer).

Last edited by ixlr8nz; 04-03-2010 at 05:20 PM.
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote