R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #316
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Chris, its 21.5

Really, I have to agree with jhberger, RCGT "already" screwed the pooch. At first it was noble to start the class with "D" compound tires only which meant that you couldn't over power the tires due to limited traction but once the flood gates got opened to allow pro-compound and belted X-patterns, traction was no longer a limiting factor when there are no limitations on speed. Really RCGT is no different than just regular 17.5 TC so why bother having that class distract from the regular TC racing.

However, the ABC Truspec is exactly how RCGT was originally intended, but it would be nice if that would allow other "scale" bodies made by Tamiya and others.
Roger, you know me personally.. so i can call you an idiot.. and vice versa.

but when RCGT "BLEW UP" was when the RCGT Showdown series started in the '08 Toys for Tots race (there were over 60 guys running RCGT) and the introduction of the RCGT Showdown. the main reason it was so attractive was it was easy to get into. (btw, the series 1 finale... the A-main guys in expert were separated by 5 seconds with various combinations of chassis, tires, esc and motors. how's that for parity?)

Realistic body, x-pattern tires... DONE. everyone who entered already had a BL esc and 17.5 hey i can run RCGT and 17.5 TC by just swapping out tires and the body. instant INCREASE in attendance.

what REALLY screwed everything up was the release of the AE Black Diamond that basically forced Tekin to up the ante (with LRP and others following closely).

NOTHING within RCGT changed (yet). the ESCs changed and racers THIRST for speed had everyone scrambling for a BD, Tekin or SXX - SS, etc.

This year, new leadership implemented a "non v203" for the sportsman class for the RCGT Showdown to stop the bleeding while this esc stuff is figured out. so NO RCGT was never POOCHED. ESC advance in technology and racers wanting to go faster and get the edge "POOCHED" the class.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RCGT in socal has adjusted their rules to allow the new esc in Open RCGT same rules just ESC restrictions. They also created a 2nd class with only the older type BL speedos. It doesn't really have to be this hard.

The current RCGT organizer / Jeff at speedtech has bent over backwards to accomodate everyone and hopefully this class can get some of it's momentum back in 2010...

YR4dude.. The tires are simple inserts are still foam. There are three different compounds which gives you a little flexibility and actually saves you money. If you bring the wrong compound you might just eat up the tires in one day.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #318
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
It's comforting to know that you live in so cal. Who knows, maybe in the near future we will meet, then I'd like to see you if you have the courage making the same comment to my face.
Again, I don't need to. You're doing for it yourself especially with that last comment.

However, you make that comment knowing that you won't meet me because you don't race.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 03-23-2010 at 06:21 PM.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #319
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
RCGT in socal has adjusted their rules to allow the new esc in Open RCGT same rules just ESC restrictions. They also created a 2nd class with only the older type BL speedos. It doesn't really have to be this hard.

The current RCGT organizer / Jeff at speedtech has bent over backwards to accomodate everyone and hopefully this class can get some of it's momentum back in 2010...

YR4dude.. The tires are simple inserts are still foam. There are three different compounds which gives you a little flexibility and actually saves you money. If you bring the wrong compound you might just eat up the tires in one day.
EXACTLY!

do you realize.. the "original" idea with RCGT was SPEC CYCLONE TUB chassis only and saturn closed end bell motors? That class was run at the Hot Bodies Underground Series. The RCGT Showdown "loosened up" the rules for easier entrance to the class (hence the BL 17.5 any x-pattern tire instead of the gumball tires).

i bet you didnt know that?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Again, I don't need to. You're doing for yourself especially with that last comment.
As a newcomer, my view maybe incorrect for my lack of knowledge and understanding of this hobby. If I make a mistake, I'll admit to it as I already have. If that makes me an idiot to you, so be it. No sweat off my back.

In fact I'd rather be the idiot who is trying to learn about the hobby than the elitist who ridicules people who make mistakes.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #321
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
Roger, you know me personally.. so i can call you an idiot.. and vice versa.

but when RCGT "BLEW UP" was when the RCGT Showdown series started in the '08 Toys for Tots race (there were over 60 guys running RCGT) and the introduction of the RCGT Showdown. the main reason it was so attractive was it was easy to get into. (btw, the series 1 finale... the A-main guys in expert were separated by 5 seconds with various combinations of chassis, tires, esc and motors. how's that for parity?)

Realistic body, x-pattern tires... DONE. everyone who entered already had a BL esc and 17.5 hey i can run RCGT and 17.5 TC by just swapping out tires and the body. instant INCREASE in attendance.
That may be what you think may happen but really people right now are choosing either/or, so my point again is that RCGT only distracts attendance away from regular TC. Why have a small RCGT class and a large TC class or vice versa? There's really not much difference between to two in speed and handling especially if the new speedos are allowed in some way or another.

Really if you want to increase the attendance in RCGT ban adjustable speedos altogether or move to 21.5 like in VTA. Let all the fast guys move on to regular TC. There shouldn't be an "expert" class. If you're an "expert" then you should be in mod or TC 17.5/13.5 wherever there are ballistic speeds.

Quote:
what REALLY screwed everything up was the release of the AE Black Diamond that basically forced Tekin to up the ante (with LRP and others following closely).
Whats a Black Diamond?

Quote:
This year, new leadership implemented a "non v203" for the sportsman class for the RCGT Showdown to stop the bleeding while this esc stuff is figured out. so NO RCGT was never POOCHED. ESC advance in technology and racers wanting to go faster and get the edge "POOCHED" the class.
Okay genius , how do you intend on teching this one?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #322
Tech Elite

Quote:
However, you make that comment knowing that you won't meet me because you don't race.
I haven't raced. That doesn't mean I wont ever race. I popped for a TRF416WE, so I may just pop for a Tekin RS. I maybe the hack newbie with the expensive car ramming into you because I'm an idiot and don't know any better. Just make sure you put YR4Dude decal on your car so I can find you.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #323
Tech Champion

Quote:
I haven't raced. That doesn't mean I wont ever race. I popped for a TRF416WE, so I may just pop for a Tekin RS. I maybe the hack newbie with the expensive car ramming into you because I'm an idiot and don't know any better. Just make sure you put YR4Dude decal on your car so I can find you.
I saw how you destroyed your car by yourself at CP so I don't have anything to worry about.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Quote:
I saw how you destroyed your car by yourself at CP so I don't have anything to worry about.
Destroyed? If you call breaking an A-arm after being t-boned destroyed. Guess thats never happened to anyone else..

So you know what I look like. Say hello next time you see me, I'd love to chat.

Last edited by Raman; 03-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #325
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Okay okay---stop arguing and go out racing!!!
It WILL HELP racing to continue developing "SPEC" class's--and creating limits to technology to allow for very equal racing especially among the new and hobby racers. There will always be "open" class's for the all out hotshot racers--but there is ALWAYS a need for budget racing entry level class's and keeping OUT the proffessional sponsored racers from those class's.
Let's race and enjoy all levels---you'll find more participants will lead to better and more affordable products to race with.
T
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #326
Tech Champion

Quote:
Destroyed? If you call breaking an A-arm after being t-boned destroyed. Guess thats never happened to anyone else..

So you know what I look like. Say hello next time you see me, I'd love to chat.
No, you weren't t-boned, you launched your car off the straight all by your lonesome.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:53 AM   #327
Tech Champion

Quote:
It's comforting to know that you live in so cal. Who knows, maybe in the near future we will meet, then I'd like to see you if you have the courage making the same comment to my face.
My last post in this topic may have been of no help to the discussion, but at least it was light hearted and could be considered funny.

Your post however, has nothing but a childish threat attached to it, and serves no positive purpose... Who gives a damn how macho one can try and look over the internet?

Lame...

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #328
Tech Elite

Quote:
No, you weren't t-boned, you launched your car off the straight all by your lonesome.
FYI: The throttle servo stuck in full throttle. I tested it on the bench and seemed to be working, so I did another lap. This time the throttle servo stuck in reverse locking rear wheels and car spun. Guy behind t-boned me and the rear A arm broke. Sent the servo for repair, turns out it was a burnt amplifier.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #329
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Your post however, has nothing but a childish threat attached to it, and serves no positive purpose... Who gives a damn how macho one can try and look over the internet?

Lame...
And does it serve a purpose for someone to call another person an idiot, even after they admit to making an error? I'd call that lame!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #330
Tech Champion

Quote:
And does it serve a purpose for someone to call another person an idiot, even after they admit to making an error? I'd call that lame!
You were called an idiot because of what you said which you owned up to. You only made the name stick by all your comments that followed.