Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trinity's new T-Spec Sedan Program >

Trinity's new T-Spec Sedan Program

Trinity's new T-Spec Sedan Program

Old 02-25-2004, 04:16 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Trinity's new T-Spec Sedan Program

From a Trinity press release:

Tired of having to spend money you cannot afford to spend to try and stay competitive? With T-Spec it's your tuning and driving ability which decides who is first over the finish line, not how much money you have to spend.

Look for the new Trinity T-Spec program coming to a race track near you! The same chassis, motor, batteries, body and tires with no after-market parts or drilling, lightening and cutting makes racing as close and inexpensive as possible.

Be the 1st T-Spec World Champion in 2005 and win $1,000.00 in cash!

Features include:

Spec Motor, Spec battery pack, T-Spec body, Shaft Drive, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Aluminum Drive Couplers, Ball Differentials, Pillow Ball Suspension, Adjustable Caster, Adjustable Camber, Adjustable Toe In/Out, Front & Rear Droop Screws, Ball Bearings, Threaded Body Oil Filled Shocks, Heat Sink Motor Clamp, Stick or Saddle Pack, Rear Sway Bar and Motor Heat Sink

Width: 189mm - Height: 91.55mm - Length: 380mm - Wheel Base: 259mm - Gear Ratio: 7.42:1 - Weight Approx.: 3.45 lbs.

Hi-res versions:
http://www.teamtrinity.com/images/pr...s/TRI90003.jpg
http://www.teamtrinity.com/images/pr...s/TRI90004.jpg

So what do you all think? Good or bad? I think it could be a good way to get more people into racing. The trick, though, will be getting tracks to participate in the program, since most people have a natural desire to go fast.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

I dont really like it. I think its funner drving diffrent cars and its not who always spends the most money who wins. Driving skills and setup is where its at. I dont think this will get very far but thats just my 2 cents.

Doug
Old 02-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

interesting. Certainly helps to even the field. Seems there would have to be alot of inspection on the cars prior to the race, which could really slow things down?
Old 02-25-2004, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I like the idea...

This is a great way for novices to get into racing, on a level playing field. They can always get a new car once they "graduate" from the class.

Buddha
Old 02-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

I like spec racing classes....promoting the use of driving and setup skills is never a bad thing.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

the car is a Taiwanese smarttech... these kits wholesale in Aus for less $100 RTR
Old 02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea but lets see what Trinity charges for the kit....
Old 02-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Looks like fun. I wonder how much to be "race ready?"
Old 02-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm thinking this is going to be more of a novice thing. I don't know too many serious racers who'd go for that. Part of being a competitive racer is being able to run your car and make changes/modifications to it that you feel will give you an edge. It's hard to get some of us more serious guys to play by the rules we have sometimes. Let alone something like this. I think it is a good idea for a novice class though. It's a good way for novice guys to learn to drive the car instead of throwing money at it. I just don't think experiaced guys will go for it.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

shaft drive, pillow ball i like that idea
Old 02-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I don't take racing seriously. I would really like this as a racing class to be offered at almost all tracks. This is sort of like TCS, just you have no differences other than driver and some electronics...

I would love to try this as a class, the car seems to be very well equiped for a spec class car. With threaded shocks, shaft drive, ball diff's, pillow ball suspension, this car should be ready to race...

I really like the idea!
Old 02-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post t-spec !!

I think this is a good way for new racers that as spectators wish they were racing in some events......It would bring a new way for tracks to add a new event to there programs and even current racers would enjoy a change of pace once in a while adding to there racing schedules .. as long as the cost isnt too high compared to what everyone is running now .. I think its a great idea.. Im always up for more fun at the track...Its all about fun isnt it!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

that can only happen if local tracks support that
Old 02-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Another way for Trinity to make money. You would only be able to get spec items from them. How many people remember the spec series for pan cars? I knew people that would buy several spec batteries and motors, cycle the batteries for the good ones sell off the others, same with motors dyno a bunch, keep good ones sell rest.

It is part of racing to have stuff different from others, that is why there are so many people with different cars. It would be good for the newbies tring to get started and save a few $$, but when they see the other cars and want to go faster and make changes they will end up spending more $$ than if they would have just started with a decent RTR.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

News flash 100% of the companies are "in it to make money" aren't we all in life since that's what seperates the haves from the have-nots?

You don't have to like the car, but lets stop with the stupid " they just want money" crap. We all do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.