Community
Wiki Posts
Search

foam tires good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default foam tires good idea?

im getting parts and spares and all that good stuff so i can start racing again! but i need tires and i think i want to get some foams for my tc3 like the trc purples something like that but my problem is a usally race with buddies just on my street in front of my house and the asphalt is not exactly super smooth so i dont want to get them and have them just get destroyed on the first run. how durable are these things?
Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

i dont think its a good idea, these things are very fragile and very sensitive to dust/dirts. why not get some street meats?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

the foams are actually rather durable...Unless you chunk the sidewalls from bad tumble down the street....

They will, however, wear away with use on such an abrasive surface as asphalt...so a set of foams may only last you a couple of weeks - instead of, say, a summer like rubbers would...BUT the traction will be much, much better than rubber tires...

If you are going to race on a dusty surface, I'd go with treaded rubber tires, since they will handle the dust better than foams or slicks...Remember, foams are really slicks, just made out of a different material

Old 06-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with bojar on that. Thread, rubber tires are the best for dusty places, slicks are best for heat/cold med-best outside surfaces, foams are best for inside, sometimes good for outside depends on wat kinda compund they are made from and the surface.

Foams are realy durable, but it can come off in chunks instead of wearing down over time so make sure u don't hit in the sides or else bye bye foamy