R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Of course you can run anything with anything. But if the past is anything to go by, the stock-spec LRP speedies were indeed dedicated for stock.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I'll vote Tekin - I've never had an LRP unit last longer than a month...
Old 01-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08 View Post
If you are new to the hobby and want to smoke a motor get the Tekin, else get the LRP.

If you have been around a while, and like playing with shit, get the Tekin else get the LRP.

If you are lazy and dont like playing with shit, get the LRP.

If you are not computer savy, do not know what a port is and have no idea how to connect to an end device via a pc, get the LRP.
people are smoking motors because there not setup right,and Jim as already said they are working on new profiles that do not require the hotwire
Old 01-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Why does it seem that Tekin fans have a point to prove on how good their shit is all the time and update this, update that. Admittedly we have some very fast Tekin powered cars at our track but they are out numbered nearly 10 to 1 by LRP/Nosram. You can read between your own lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Of course you can run anything with anything. But if the past is anything to go by, the stock-spec LRP speedies were indeed dedicated for stock.
Profiles 5 through 8 are stock spec profiles and 1 - 4 have always been modified profiles just like the old Spheres had wild programs on the upper side and tame ones down low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
Im yet to blow up an Lrp unit so it would be interesting to see how you are hooking it up and your soldering skills. I have only ever seen Tekin's and Quarks smoke when it has not been a user error.

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Why does it seem that Tekin fans have a point to prove on how good their shit is all the time and update this, update that. Admittedly we have some very fast Tekin powered cars at our track but they are out numbered nearly 10 to 1 by LRP/Nosram. You can read between your own lines

Profiles 5 through 8 are stock spec profiles and 1 - 4 have always been modified profiles just like the old Spheres had wild programs on the upper side and tame ones down low.

Im yet to blow up an Lrp unit so it would be interesting to see how you are hooking it up and your soldering skills. I have only ever seen Tekin's and Quarks smoke when it has not been a user error.
It may be worth a check , but I think you're the only person wiht that feeling. You're right however. They don't have to do anything. It only happens that they are trying to be nice people who want others to enjoy a good product. Happy now?

There's nothing wild about those LRP profiles.

I have seen in one of our competitions in Bunbury one driver blow up two LRP speedies and two LRP motors in one race and there was no driver error (he won the race in the end but not on his motor and speedy).

I am yet to see a Tekin blow up.

Like this kind of childish tit for tat?

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 01-15-2010 at 08:00 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
It may be worth a check , but I think you're the only person wiht that feeling. You're right however. They don't have to do anything. It only happens that they are trying to be nice people who want others to enjoy a good product. Happy now?

There's nothing wild about those LRP profiles.

I have seen in one of our competitions in Bunbury one driver blow up two LRP speedies and two LRP motors in one race and there was no driver error (he won the race in the end but not on his motor and speedy).

I am yet to see a Tekin blow up.

Like this kind of childish tit for tat?
+1
When i ran the Lrp TC spec I blew up two in one month,since i have been using the Tekin I have never blown one or saw one blown.
grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
All of my Novak and Tekin ESCs work without any issues, many of which have provided years of trouble free service - kinda rules out my technical and soldering skills being the root cause of my LRP-related issues...
Old 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How bout this, I've seen (with my own eyes) both LRPs and Tekins blow-up! It happens to both.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
LRP hands down is way better, the Tekin brakes are poor and people will pass you under brakes.
Fair point, but I drive 12th and brakes are not required for that move to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
people are smoking motors because there not setup right,and Jim as already said they are working on new profiles that do not require the hotwire
Spot on! I've seen motors blown on several different types of speedo when the user has the attitude that they can throw everything at it, not bother to read the instructions, and it'll just go fast!

Is everyone absolutely sure they wouldn't prefer to skim a few comms and change a few brushes again?

(Grabs tin hat and runs away.... )
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
You missed my point, my point was about newbies smoking gear because they do not know what they are doing. Tekin can be used by a newbie but playing with software is frought with danger.

It takes experience to know what temperatures and other factors can destroy motors or electronics, new software means nothing, playing with timing is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Fair point, but I drive 12th and brakes are not required for that move to work.

Spot on! I've seen motors blown on several different types of speedo when the user has the attitude that they can throw everything at it, not bother to read the instructions, and it'll just go fast!

Is everyone absolutely sure they wouldn't prefer to skim a few comms and change a few brushes again?

(Grabs tin hat and runs away.... )
EEEEEK!!!! brushed motor, 12month ban for mentioning one!!! moderators please respond!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #42
Tech Initiate

i was thinking about getting a tekin rs for my 17.5 tc just wondering how will it run i see alot of people with it and they r leaving me on the straights

Hotbodies cyclone moore speed-futaba servo-novak GTB-orion 17.5 BL-mazda6 body
AF1king_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1king_kid View Post
i was thinking about getting a tekin rs for my 17.5 tc just wondering how will it run i see alot of people with it and they r leaving me on the straights
The Tekin is great and will fine but so is the Hobbywing/lrp all which run at our track and the speed difference is minimal, the best bet is to get something others have at your track and seek help with setting it up.
Adelaide RC Team Mechanic
www.adelaiderc.com.au
12scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
+1
perez62682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1king_kid View Post
if you are running super stock or boosted class then yes it's recommended. if it's stock class no boost any speedo will do, as there is no boost. if you wanna keep up i suggest a trinity epic duo 3 or thunder power zr. that's just my opinion. but to each his own.