R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2004, 01:28 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Well, I still think you should do the grip test on some of the suggested radios. Maybe it'll makes the decision very easy. Maybe your favorite will be counted out in a second

As far as I understand, you are on a kind of budget - just like me

If you believe you'll be in the hobby for a long time, I would say get the XS-3. FM, 3 channel and mixing (if you want to go nitro someday), all the good adjustments, crystal less (saves money in the long run + convinient). It also got the choise of faster frame rate, meaning cutting down on the reaction time. All in all, a very good radio at an fair price.

Next choise would be the MX-3. It aint got mixing and it's crystal based. No fast response system. But yet good adjustement, FM and 3 channel. In addition, an display which offers very good overview and ease of use.

My third choise would be the 2PL.

In case you havent seen it, here's a good link for the XS-3

Once you decide on a radio, consider trading the standard servos for a better one.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #32
Tech Addict

haha, very funny
Techart27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:46 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Well, I still think you should do the grip test on some of the suggested radios. Maybe it'll makes the decision very easy. Maybe your favorite will be counted out in a second

As far as I understand, you are on a kind of budget - just like me

If you believe you'll be in the hobby for a long time, I would say get the XS-3. FM, 3 channel and mixing (if you want to go nitro someday), all the good adjustments, crystal less (saves money in the long run + convinient). It also got the choise of faster frame rate, meaning cutting down on the reaction time. All in all, a very good radio at an fair price.

Next choise would be the MX-3. It aint got mixing and it's crystal based. No fast response system. But yet good adjustement, FM and 3 channel. In addition, an display which offers very good overview and ease of use.

My third choise would be the 2PL.

In case you havent seen it, here's a good link for the XS-3

Once you decide on a radio, consider trading the standard servos for a better one.
actually i do run a nitro (Mugen) and an electric (YOK) and i believe i would stay in the hobby for a while- thanks for the reply
Old 03-22-2004, 10:48 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
I WAS selling a XS3 on ebay. You shouldve asked.

Anyways, id go with a MX-3. Are you going to be racing much at RCtech?
Probably
Old 07-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rushdude

To me am and fm aren't that different. Fm is clearer and nearly glitch free but I haven't had any problems with am. The futabe 2pl is the same thing as the other radios stated just that the other radios are fm, 3 channel, and syntesized. The distance ranges are the same. The 2pl is 65.00 and the mx3 115.00. If you plan on racing you should get a syntesized radio so you don't have to buy the crystals. Also if you plan on getting another car with a 3 channel radio than you should also get the mx3. To me it just depends what you are planning to do. Every radio is going to feel funny at first but you should get used to it. So feel isn't that important.
rushdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:56 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hows the battery drain on those systems? I have an XR2i and i find it really eats up the batteries, even with top of the line energizers I figured its the LCD display but if the systems mentioned here dont eat batts like my XR2i then id be inclied to look deeper into them
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CA$H's son

its 320 bucks in most places yes out of ur price rang but you will never have to buy another radio in ur life time and u never glicth and can set it to your capibilities
FUTABA 3PK with PCM
CA$H's son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:36 PM   #38

I agree that a used M8 would be the way to go. I had my M8 for about 5 or 6 years before I had to replace it. That radio is heavy, but is very adjustable and definently pro-level.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote