Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Marc Finished B2nd in touring Stock and B4th in superstock touring.
Steve finished B4th in rubber 13.5

Major props to my homies. I don't feel so bad getting beat week after week by these guys when they are tenths outta the show at a National Level event!!!

Sorry for the previous typo. Brain fart.

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 03-16-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Marc Finished A2nd in touring Stock and B4th in superstock touring.
Steve finished B4th in rubber 13.5

Major props to my homies. I don't feel so bad getting beat week after week by these guys when they are tenths outta the show at a National Level event!!!
yup, i've been sayin' it. we've got some skill on our team. we just need to tweak it a bit. i suspect a new foam setup will come out of this.

congrats to everyone trying to put our car in there. it's coming....
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
hi guys
I 'm just wondering how important is the side to side chassis balance cos im running lipo with no added weight ....
also just bought an 5 cell chassis gonna use with lipo does it makes any negative effect over 6 cell chassis (current 6 cell chassis really in bad cond. thats why i've got near new 5 cell chassis on flebay )
cheers
It really is pretty important. Without it balanced, the car will feel tweeked. And try to add weight as far to the inside as you can and don't just hang the battery way off to the outside. On my Core 5000 pack, I added 2mm thick strips to the bottom of the pack where it fits into the battery slots. Then I added some strips to the inside of the pack. I have the weight on the inside about 4mm from the belt. That put the outside of the pack a little bit passed the outside of the chassis and it's pretty well balanced. I'm actually not sure where I am on weight right now. I may need to add some to make the car legal.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Regional Moderator

hi guys
I 'm just wondering how important is the side to side chassis balance cos im running lipo with no added weight ....
also just bought an 5 cell chassis gonna use with lipo does it makes any negative effect over 6 cell chassis (current 6 cell chassis really in bad cond. thats why i've got near new 5 cell chassis on flebay )
cheers
For me, it has depended on what I was running.

Outside on asphalt, I ran a Orion 3200 unweighted at all, and the car felt just fine with no tweak feeling at all. Equal turning to both sides, no issues at all. And that was with heavy brushless electronics on the electronics side.

Once I went inside to carpet foam, I definitely had to add weight to the 3200 and the battery side of the chassis, to get the car to turn as well to both sides.

Now, on carpet with rubber tires, I'm still running weight on the 3200, but not enough to fully balance the car I don't think, but still no tweak feeling from the imbalance and the car turns the same to both sides.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great runs by Team Schumacher at the Nats!!

Hand in there Mcgoo, you'll get that elusive "A"

Wish I were there.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Initiate

U had to enter some letters in the corner then click download.

I dnt know any other way :S
Old 03-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Heres Kirby's Mod setup (ad free)
Bumpy setup for mod
Its a large file, so it'll take time to load up(sorry dial up guys)
Old 03-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

I'm doing carpet rubber sometimes on full throttle car pulls oneside I thought that may happens because of lack of side to side balance ...
27t+fx pro+spectrum 3001+ko 2363 on one side trakpower 4900 on the other side
not sure what to do now...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default u

I want to say it was nice to pit colse to my old mi3's drivers U all r a lot of fun and your cars ran well good jod guy's! ...Adam we need to chat
Old 03-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'm doing carpet rubber sometimes on full throttle car pulls oneside I thought that may happens because of lack of side to side balance ...
27t+fx pro+spectrum 3001+ko 2363 on one side trakpower 4900 on the other side
not sure what to do now...
Theres a few things to check in adition to the balance. I had my really unbalanced car on my tweak station last night, and it came out perfect, so I personally would check these other things first.

1. twisted/tweaked chassis. Set your car on droop blocks and loosen the shock tower screws, the steering rack mounting screws, and the top deck sctrews. Hold ing the chassis flat on the bocls re tighten them all.

2. Ensure both front and both rear shocks are the same length, and have the same amount of remound.

3. Make sure there are no binding suspension parts. No bent hinge pins, no binding ball cups etc.

4. Make sure all four tires are the same size. Especially side to side.

Thats all I can tihnk of for now . . .
Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Back from the Nats and I just want to say I had a great time. Didn't finish that great, had some receiver issues and then I just let the pressure get to me. It was still nice to meet some of the Schui team, Marc, Steve and Kenny are great guys and helped me with what ever I needed. Would have liked to seen more of the team there since it was one of the bigger races of the year... Now it's time to get ready for the next one, Trans Am Nats and then the Asphalt Nats. Also want to give Kevin Bottoms props for pitting close and helping me with setups. I learned a lot and can't wait until the next one.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thanx Dave I must say U had bad luck if it wasn't 1 thing it was something else we all had day's like that it is what it is.....I also had fun with the schumacher crew good ppl.....c u all soom KB soon to be ???? a part of???
Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I am considering getting a MI3 for asphalt rubber racing this season. I also do carpet rubber racing. What changes need to be made back and forth to get the car setup from asphalt to carpet and vice versa?

I currently run a TC5 with lipos and a 13.5 BL.

Chirag
hey, this is ritchie from up north at SIR, if you were at time zone and salem for the series races you probably saw my car traction rolling, but i manage to TQ all four rounds and win the first A at kenniwick. i tried a crap load of different setups but my driving style and the Mi3 didn't mix well on carpet, but that was up until i started using a little CA on the outer edge of the front tires. don't know if you've been to Fantasy World, but going from FW asphalt to SIR carpet the CA is the only basic change i would/will do now.

try to make it up to FW this summer, huge 13.5 lipo class.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

solid.

Last edited by seaball; 03-17-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I am considering getting a MI3 for asphalt rubber racing this season. I also do carpet rubber racing. What changes need to be made back and forth to get the car setup from asphalt to carpet and vice versa?

I currently run a TC5 with lipos and a 13.5 BL.

Chirag
When I switch from asphault rubber to carpet rubber, I hardly make any changes at all. In fact, I pretty much went back to the kit set up and started there and the car has been great. I think all I did with mine was go from 14lb springs all around (Schumacher whites) to 16lb fronts with the 14lb rears.

This is with me running lipo and 17.5 BL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.