looks like i'm going with a one-way or bally,
there is NO traction where i'm running.
cheers again for the advice.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

sure thing bro.

More Kerr bait . . .

Can *anyone* suggest what difference I might feel if any betwen widening the rear of my Mi3 at the hexes versus widening it at the bulkhead?

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 06-19-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Some Lipo install pics. Pictures worth a thousand words. Ive had plenty of collisions with thsi setup and had no signs of any problems. I ran my corally like this for almost a year too with no failures.

I used a couple 3mm shims under the lower center track rod mounting bracket to raise the track rod to clear the LiPo.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-.jpg   Schumacher Corner-b.jpg   Schumacher Corner-c.jpg   Schumacher Corner-d.jpg   Schumacher Corner-e.jpg  

Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default CVD Chatter

O.K. Here goes. Has anyone else notice the amount of CVD chatter the MI3 has when you have the wheels off the ground turn full lock and apply a SMALL amount of throttle (I have glued the 2mm shims to the front hubs and correctly set my EPA)? I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this as it seems to develop a lot of vibration through the front end. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was doing the same thing on the track as well. This may also be accelerating the destruction of front drive shaft components. What I was wondering was has anyone tried any of the new track rod sets as I believe the problem maybe developing from excessive Ackerman effect creating a large slip angle on the inside wheel, making the CVD transmit through a larger angle and causing the vibration.
Other peoples thoughts, experiences?????

Andrew
Old 06-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
sure thing bro.

More Kerr bait . . .

Can *anyone* suggest what difference I might feel if any betwen widening the rear of my Mi3 at the hexes versus widening it at the bulkhead?
Widening at the bulk head will also affect your shock angle and lay your shocks down a little bit and you will also have to adjust your camber which will be longer. Where as at the wheel your only affecting at that point.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CountryHick
O.K. Here goes. Has anyone else notice the amount of CVD chatter the MI3 has when you have the wheels off the ground turn full lock and apply a SMALL amount of throttle (I have glued the 2mm shims to the front hubs and correctly set my EPA)? I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this as it seems to develop a lot of vibration through the front end. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was doing the same thing on the track as well. This may also be accelerating the destruction of front drive shaft components. What I was wondering was has anyone tried any of the new track rod sets as I believe the problem maybe developing from excessive Ackerman effect creating a large slip angle on the inside wheel, making the CVD transmit through a larger angle and causing the vibration.

Andrew
I have not notice this. I did however when I built mine notice that the CVD seemed like they were binding. I took them apart and put grease into them and they are alot smoother and have not noticed any chatter yet.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Andrew

Hi, yes i had quite a lot of chatter when i had the car off the ground it like shook the whole car, however i didnt think into it too much and now have used ther car half a dozen times. Now i have hardly any chatter now, maybe it takes time for everything to settle in, however it did seemed to improve when i recieved my new drivehshafts, the ones with the updated pins.

Ok hope this helps

Steve
Old 06-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks Steve, I think my kit has the updated shafts. They came with the flat spot on the CVD pin (Looked like it was done by hand?) I will give it a few more runs and see if it improves. Has anyone tried a different brand of CVD in their car?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Andrew
one thing to remember is that our cars do not really have "CVD". so as you turn your wheels closer to full lock they will bind. just take one out and then pin the cvd with the wheel axle straight and then bend it slightly at the universal you will feel resistance.

I have seen this question posted on almosted every car thread. and the reason is that we all used the same thing. it really is a universal joint and not a true "CVD'. Now I do not have a losi, but they build a true "CVD" and I would think that they would not have this problem. if you want more on this, check out http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91463
Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

sure thing bro.

More Kerr bait . . .

Nice! Good question though. I've never really tried it. Taking out the wheel shim and widening the inner hinge pin location would change your shock angel, camber link length, and your outer hinge pin location in the wheel. All of these will change the handling of the car. Maybe something to play with at the track sometime.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

one thing it does is that the wheel will now rub on the arms. at least in the rear. I uhm "lost" the shim that the kits come with. so i ran mine without them. now the arms in the rear rub on the wheel
Old 06-20-2007, 07:21 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sure thing bro.

More Kerr bait . . .

Widening it at the bulkhead will move the pivot point farther out, making the rear end roll less, which will generally take away a little rear traction.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

thatnks for all the helpfull insight guys.

Yang-were you running your bulkheads wide, and using the 1 mm spacers? I have 1mm spacers you can have. Remind me on Sat.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

thatnks for all the helpfull insight guys.

Yang-were you running your bulkheads wide, and using the 1 mm spacers? I have 1mm spacers you can have. Remind me on Sat.
i actually shimmed at the bulkhead and then ran a thin spacer. but I have room to add another space. I need to measure out the spacers I have. they are a team tamale custom jobby. he cut hex spacers for me.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Yang...
ya need to convince Larry to make some schui stuff...
Chubs...and bling steering knuckles...
hurry..hurry....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.