Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only things that I would even suggest to buy for the Mission (at this time) is the threaded shock bodies (convenience only) and the front diff one way (for smooth high bite tracks...if you race on anything else, you most likely don't need the one way). Sway bars, alloy motor mount, TC diff balls are all included in either kit. Can't wait...
Old 09-15-2001, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Man... waiting is killing me.... i know it is gonna be a while... and I have my pro kit on order.....

Anyone out there like... Adrian who has driven a mission.. or prototype ?
Old 09-16-2001, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone think that with the Mission going back to a top deck design any problems will arise with tweak. Or is there a design features that will prevent this. After all that is why the A2 was devloped.

Nice looking design though and at last here seems to be a manufacturer that listens to what people want. Having the choice to buy a full carbon kit with the most common hop ups already fitted is good news to any racer. If past Schumacher kits are anyhting to go by I might go for the S1 version, as they seem to give better grip on slippery surfaces and were more forgiving to drive.
Old 09-16-2001, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys I am having some probs with my SMH cells! LOL. SO I am about to get some new ones, but I want to know now exactly how you take care of them? Do you discharge them after you run them? Or just put them away, until next charge? And if you put them on a tray?

Yorkie- I believe going back to the top-deck design was a good design choice, because in lots of casses(carpet) flex kills. If you look close at the PRO E computer generated pictures of the Mission, you will see that the top-deck has like a long narrow, inlet in the center of the deck, were the front belt runs along underneath. ANd I believe that, that inlet is there to absorb any tweak.
Old 09-16-2001, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Corey, i've run my SMH's about 3 times always doing this:
Charge at 4 amps
Discharge after run fully(I have a Indi OCtane30)

ANd as per RCCA, charge them up to about 40% before storing for a long time
Old 09-16-2001, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Adrian, do you know how much the carbon fiber stuff will be for the Mission if I decide to go with the S1 and get the CF stuff later? Thanks
Old 09-16-2001, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Yorkie, I wouldn't think it will be a problem as the top deck is screwed to the bulkhead and not part of the long screw that goes through everything.
Old 09-16-2001, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

The top plate is mounted with its own mounting holes, not the bulkhead mounting hole. This, hopefully, will prevent the tweek problem.

Schumacher has no plans on any US testing of any Missions before release.
Old 09-16-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RacerX-Thats not entirely true. Weight dist and suspension prototypes are on the way from across the pond. Schumacher believes in indepentently testing evey change they intend to make on a proven chassis like the A2 before putting all the changes together in one car. There are A2's with various mission batt layouts, mission motor positioning, arm angle prototypes. All in all there are about 4 A2/Mission hybrids that allow for independant testing of every change Schumacher intends to make for the Mission. Once every bit of new technology checks out as a positive step forward it gets added to the feature list of the Mission.

AEracer-I don't know C/F prices for the Mission yet. We will have a parts list for the mission by late this month.

All-One of the reasons the SST96-Axis Pro would tweak was the 2 piece diff housings. They could twist in a crash and not come back. The A2 gets around this by allowing the top deck links to flex and absorbe the energy of the impact before the diff housings twist.

The Mission has an all new diff housing design. The top deck, bulkhead and lower chassis all bolt to one piece of the diff housing. The other piece has no structural duty. I will have to leave it at that for now. It would take too long to explain how it works. I will put a pic of this part up as soon as I can.

Someone asked what you need to add to the XXX-S to make it competitive. This is what you need to be ready for any track:

1. Lower front and rear roll center pieces. (Does the same thing as C/F chassis on A2).
2. Shorter front shocks to go with the above kit
3. Graphite everthing (The XXX-S weighs 55oz with a V7.1, hi power servo and small reciever)
4. A one way front diff
5. A friend that is a 100% factory Losi driver because none of you can buy any of this right now.
Old 09-16-2001, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow

hello fellas, i had no idea that touring was shutdown. anyway, the new car looks much like my sst 99 pro. hummm. looks good though. glad to see everyone is still here.

adrian: thanks for all you help with the charger (ccd20). i'm still heartbroken about it.

had a 112a coming, but the punk never sent it. it was the one posted on here about a month ago and had listed h24 software that does nimh. one of the moderaters said it was suspect, but, well, he told me it was h31 and was only a few months old. what a jerk. but hey, who needs a peak charger anyway? right? i'm glad to say that this has sidelined me for the rest of the season. saving up for a millenium pro or a 16x5. which one would you fellas do? thanks. later.
Old 09-16-2001, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

I had a Millenium and in Nimh it only charge at 1amp, and false peaked often. I now have the 16x5 and it is great, never false peaks, and leaves the pack just warm. Now the Millenium2 ads say they have fixed the problems with the false peaking, so it may be okay. And if you use a Cyclone it also does double duty as a programer for it. But I'm not ready to give up my 16x5. Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2001, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think that the graphite chassis pieces are out already.
Old 09-17-2001, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow Adrian way to slam! Yea the graphite pieces are already out as to the other items they would be nice but in my opinion not necesary ...I know that car driving varies driver by driver and in accordance with their driving style, but for me right out of the box the XXX-S was faster than my $700.00 hopped up Axis 2.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry about the incorrect info about the US testing. I got the info from some guy named Adrian acouple weeks ago...(lol). Glad to see that testing in the US will be done.
Old 09-17-2001, 10:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Are there any pics around that are of an actual Mission? Or are the CAD pics the only ones around?

Are you guys planning on moving to the Mission right away, or are you going to wait to see how the team does with it?

I've been thinking about retiring my '99pro for another Schumacher, but I'm not sure whether to go for the Axis/2 or wiat on the Mission. Its a Schumacher so I know it will handle well, but will it be better than the '99pro I have now? Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.