Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

wen putting the wheels on did anyone apply the spacers behind them. the only reason im askin this is because i was reading a review on the car and it said that the wheel hexs tend to cut into the rims na din the maunal it instructs you to put spacers between the rim and the hex i thoguht this mite be causing the problem of the rims rounding off
Old 04-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've been running aluminum hex's on the Mi2 and now on the EC for well over a year and I've never had the aluminum hex damage a wheel. So... I'd have to say that review was wrong ? The purpose of the plastic washers is to adjust the width of the car. I put them in the rear but not the front to make the car more responsive and have better steering.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The same for me.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

I had my car out for the first time last night, it needs a little work but I think it will work good for me. Does it work if you boil the plastic arms?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't think boiling them is going to make them any tougher. They're pretty stout as it is. The nicest thing about them is unless it's a huge hit, they don't usually fail completely. They crack but will likely hold for the rest of the run as long as you don't hit again. After your runs, if you've hit something but didn't break, check the suspension for cracks. Most of the time when someone breaks and they "barely hit something" there was a crack already there.

I know boiling suspension arms is something that guys have for years to make them more flexible and not brittle. We run the carbon (CF) arms specifically to take flex out so the suspension can work properly. I used to run the plastic arms on the Mi2 until we found a few that had warped. They were literally bent like they were aluminum. I'd rather have a break than a bend any day.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the info, I have a lot of plastic arms to use up.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default hobby shop on France

Hey guys, somebody knows a great hobbyshop for electric cars in france?
i need schumacher parts and cars and orion!

thanks a lot

Marcelo
Old 04-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I personally didn't like the lowered front bulkhead and anti-squat is a good adjustment...You must of been talking to Adrian agian
Hi PW, I am interested to know what your thoughts were on the lowered front bulkhead (as I am thinking of changing to it). I feel that the tracks that I race on, the EC lacks a hint of low speed steering and also is a little too slow through the chicanes. I am running the car as per your setup, but with blue springs allround. (One of the tracks I race on is super smooth with tons of grip - its a 1/8th gas track - large open and high speed).

Also, with regards to the 'anti squat' I assuming that is for the rear end....also, how many spacers and what size have you been using? What does it actually do to the handling of the car?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:35 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi PW, I am interested to know what your thoughts were on the lowered front bulkhead (as I am thinking of changing to it). I feel that the tracks that I race on, the EC lacks a hint of low speed steering and also is a little too slow through the chicanes. I am running the car as per your setup, but with blue springs allround. (One of the tracks I race on is super smooth with tons of grip - its a 1/8th gas track - large open and high speed).

Also, with regards to the 'anti squat' I assuming that is for the rear end....also, how many spacers and what size have you been using? What does it actually do to the handling of the car?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Well I didn't properly test the lowered front bulkhead as I lowered it before going to the track; but the car didn't seem as balanced. I raced the following weekend with it in the stock position and the car felt better. I will most certianly try it again back to back very soon....Last 2 weeks have been for brushless testing only

Anti-squat in the rear will free the rear of the car up going into the corner and will give more forward traction upon acceleration. I never go more than 1mm and normally only run .5mm or .75mm when I due.

Normally I stand up the shocks 1 hole for quicker response in Chicanes, but you may have to go to softer springs (AE Silvers).

If you think the setup is close; try droop! Droop is one of the biggest changes you can make
Old 04-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by piorc
Hey guys, somebody knows a great hobbyshop for electric cars in france?
i need schumacher parts and cars and orion!

thanks a lot

Marcelo
Might be best to email Schumacher UK directly and ask them for distributors;

French Shumacher dealers

Skiddins
Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Well I didn't properly test the lowered front bulkhead as I lowered it before going to the track; but the car didn't seem as balanced. I raced the following weekend with it in the stock position and the car felt better. I will most certianly try it again back to back very soon....Last 2 weeks have been for brushless testing only

Anti-squat in the rear will free the rear of the car up going into the corner and will give more forward traction upon acceleration. I never go more than 1mm and normally only run .5mm or .75mm when I due.

Normally I stand up the shocks 1 hole for quicker response in Chicanes, but you may have to go to softer springs (AE Silvers).

If you think the setup is close; try droop! Droop is one of the biggest changes you can make

Thanks for replying to my questions so promptly. The info is much appreciated. Now its time to go track testing!!! Lots to do.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

i was wondering if anyoen can help me i am i took my ec for its debut run tonite and in having teething problems i cant seem to get the back end to stick.
it is havin a tendncey to step out a little an i was wondering if any one can help me solve this problem i am currently running the foam version of the car.

thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you could post the setup, we can take a look at it and go from there.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

here you go
Attached Files
File Type: txt
mi2ec_setupsheet[1].txt (274 Bytes, 109 views)
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

dnt use that saved it under wrong file

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.