Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Smilin Joe, i had that same problem, i had to put my HUGE acoms receiver on the top deck to make it all fit. Cause the receivers on the top deck it means i can put my Zero V Extreme with the buttons facing out, much easier for programing.

On another note, has anyone else had problems with the front left diff mounts, where they screw into the chassis is not countersunk enough so the screws stick out slightly, all the rest of the holes are ok.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

I've posted this before, but this is how i have my car layed out.

You shouldn't need to get at the tensioner nut, just run it as loose as it will go.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-mission2.jpg  
Old 02-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok I know everyone says to run the belt as loose as you can, and thats how I have mine, but its rubbing on the bottom on the chassis. Am I missing something?
Old 02-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Tech Initiate

ian - The only screw I had issues with was the front shock mount. It feels like the screw is too long.

CS
Old 02-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

ian - The only screw I had issues with was the front shock mount. It feels like the screw is too long.

CS
Old 02-16-2002, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

David, Where on the chassis is it rubbing??
Old 02-16-2002, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Racer X- Nice article on the mission in the March issue of Xtreme. Too bad the guys down there messed it up. In the begining of your article you clearly state what gear you were using and the side bar that says specifics state your body as a lexan buggy, speedo as Novak C2, motor as Tamiya Acto-Power stock motor, and tire's as front-proline M3 4rib and rear- proline M3 step pins. Would you still have all of that steering with those tire's on the car...LOL Hopefully when you review the next car they will proof read before they print. Enjoy the time off because it's back to work at the begining of March. Nice paint job on the car. Next time let's add some on my flavor to it
Old 02-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody racing the Mission on asphalt now? We're starting to take it to the tar here and I want to see if I'm on the right track. I'm basically running a variation of Ron Atomic's set-up with the most noticable change being the shock position ( #3 hole).
Old 02-16-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sticka-Call us at Schu USA on monday. Rons setup is a good start if you use way softer springs (blues)
Old 02-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am putting mine together now....

Our track is small...with one sweeping turn and a lot of switch backs. What gearing should I go with? what pulley?
Old 02-17-2002, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

neas: How small is small? Less than 100'x40', I would try the 17t pulley first. If it seems a little slow, I'd switch to the 20t instead of trying to gear up the motor. The speed should really noticable if it's slow.

Adrian: Will do. BTW, it was a pleasure to put a face to the name when we met at the Snowbird. Did you notice I ask about the Mission and NOT the Axis 2?
Old 02-17-2002, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default Mission transponder mount, 2nd attampt

I think I've got this figured out now, props to Oasis2002. This is a template for my transponder mount for the Mission. It fits on the front body posts. For me that's the best position as the car is 18 grams underwieght so I put 20 grams behind the motor for balance and because timing gear isn't included in the wieght I have the transponder on the very front. This has helped me at least 3 times so far. I recomend that you print the image onto something sticky like masking tape (if that'll go through your printer) and then stick that onto your material and cut it out along the lines. I think most materials would work but recomend sheet Carbon Fibre or plastic. Before you go too far check that the dimensions remain accurate once printed.

Old 02-17-2002, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

STL: Thanks for the kind words, I think that some of the specs were crossed with the off road car in the same issue. Next time, I'll put a Prince sign on the roof...that good for you? (lol)
Old 02-17-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Racer X- The Prince sign is a start but you need some brighter colors in there Did you see my last body? The bright pink with greenish yellow flames and checker boards in the front. If I don't win a race I might as well get some ohhhhs and ahhhhhs from the paint job....LOL
Old 02-17-2002, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

I can see some wear on the bottom chassis, and on the top plate around the diffs, does the gray belt help fix that?

I ran Rons setup yesterday but without the new top plate and sway bar and I had a massive traction roll, so I layed the shocks in all the way and it did help alittle but it still wanted to pop up on two wheels in the corners. I was using 33r's with HPI red inserts which just had hella corner speed and my lap times were fast, when it was on its wheels. Any idea's on ways to keep it on all fours? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.