Schumacher Corner

Reply

Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
  #13726  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,526
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Interesting, I am going to work on setting my fans up. I have two that I want to work on there and I am just brainstorming some possible ways.
Bob Barry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:48 PM
  #13727  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

C'mon, Schreff. Post something--or get back to work...
Jon Williams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:14 PM
  #13728  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,869
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST
No matter what class we run I OWN SCOTTY!!!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....you should be the LAST one talking about someone OWNING someone.
Advil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:16 PM
  #13729  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
C'mon, Schreff. Post something--or get back to work...
Work, what's that?

Here's my setup from this past weekend at Horsham. In no way is it my final setup. I am still working on the car as there are a ton of things to try yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mi2EC_Horsham_Feb25_06.pdf (215.1 KB, 185 views)
schreff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:24 PM
  #13730  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (42)
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
C'mon, Schreff. Post something--or get back to work...


Begger....
John Tag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
  #13731  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,526
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Hey Schreff, what did running the T2 blocks give you?
Bob Barry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
  #13732  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

T2 steering blocks fix a couple issues...

#1 - They change ackerman for the better.
#2 - The steering throw is better and the servo saver doesn't end up hitting the turnbuckle.
#3 - There is less offset in the bearings in the hubs.

To put T2 steering blocks on the car, you need T2 caster block bushings, and you need to put an XRay rod end on the front camber link that attaches to the caster block. You will then use a 3x12mm BH screw to attach it. No more ball end. You also need to shim the steering block a little inside the caster block. I did a little trimming myself to use a 2mm shim. That way I can raise or lower the steering block as I see fit. At this time, the 2mm spacer is on top of the steering block. Also, as in my setup sheet, there is an additional 2mm spacer on top of the caster block, which is under the camber link. Just like how XRay does theirs. I might takes those out or go to 1mm has the car did have a little too much roll.

It's getting there though. The car was smoooooth.

Lata,

Schreff
schreff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:01 PM
  #13733  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,526
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like I will be getting some Xray parts LOL
Bob Barry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 PM
  #13734  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (247)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,864
Trader Rating: 247 (99%+)
Default

Schreff,

Did you use the three hole or two hole steering blocks?
Do you think horsham has them in stock?
Fred Perkins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 PM
  #13735  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by schreff
T2 steering blocks fix a couple issues...

#1 - They change ackerman for the better.
#2 - The steering throw is better and the servo saver doesn't end up hitting the turnbuckle.
#3 - There is less offset in the bearings in the hubs.

To put T2 steering blocks on the car, you need T2 caster block bushings, and you need to put an XRay rod end on the front camber link that attaches to the caster block. You will then use a 3x12mm BH screw to attach it. No more ball end. You also need to shim the steering block a little inside the caster block. I did a little trimming myself to use a 2mm shim. That way I can raise or lower the steering block as I see fit. At this time, the 2mm spacer is on top of the steering block. Also, as in my setup sheet, there is an additional 2mm spacer on top of the caster block, which is under the camber link. Just like how XRay does theirs. I might takes those out or go to 1mm has the car did have a little too much roll.

It's getting there though. The car was smoooooth.

Lata,

Schreff
Can you post up a pic of this mod? Is this something more for the rug you think?
Jon Kerr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:51 PM
  #13736  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Jon, if you want a pic, Williams' photos above have T2 blocks on the car. You can see most of what you need there. I will try to take pics with the wheels off the front to show the differences.

As far as it only helping on carpet, I'm not sure. I'm not an asphalt guy. Heck, I haven't run on rubber tires in over 3 years.

That would be better addressed by Pdub.
schreff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:16 PM
  #13737  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball
pm answered.

who is going to stockton in two?
I wish. Good luck up there guys.
Jon Kerr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:20 PM
  #13738  
Tech Adept
 
Twin-Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Puce,ONT Canada
Posts: 234
Default

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Sounds like I will be getting some Xray parts LOL
Might have to wait in line like the rest of the T2 clan!!!
Twin-Kyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:35 PM
  #13739  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,840
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Might have to wait in line like the rest of the T2 clan!!!
You can also use HPI pro4 or Cyclone ones as well.
Kevin K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:04 PM
  #13740  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin K
You can also use HPI pro4 or Cyclone ones as well.
I've got some Cyclone one's from when I put the rear hubs on the old car with the BMI "Vegas" chassis. I'll take a look at them and see how they'll work. Might as well, the car's in about 20 pieces waiting for a new chassis.
Jon Kerr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service