R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #13426
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Well i hope Ill factor comes back as he pose very good questions and its obvious that there is a reason that he posted to THIS thread versus any of the others

However, just to throw in my two cents; as a few of you have eluded to; sometimes its more than just the car. Sometimes its the people that drive the 'business'. And to prove my point I would invite anyone to take note of how many people come to the Schumacher table with their Xrays, Tamiya, RDX, HPI(s) etc...questions on race day. I've even had a racer say to me out loud that they would rather ask someone at our table than to go into RDX USA (if you catch were Iím coming from) to ask for help.

The proof is in the pudding.

-M.I. JEDI
Well put!!! Schumacher USA has the BEST customer service and they are the most approchable team out there!
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #13427
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Ok so based on the list above Shumacher had only 1 major win last year. Or am I missing something. And again this was at the hands of Teemu, where is everyone else.

Top drivers drive for top teams wouldnt you agree. These guys get free stuff regardless of who the race for, and right now Tamiya and Xray are attracting most the top drivers.
Having worked at Schumacher USA I can tell you firsthand that top level pro drivers did approach Schumacher for rides but the for hire $$ didn't match up.

M.I.Jedi.....is that your charger beeping?!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #13428
Tech Addict

Quote:
M.I.Jedi.....is that your charger beeping?!
No...thats my heater!
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #13429
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm curious to know what level driver Ill factor is
Old 02-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #13430
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm curious to know what level driver Ill factor is
I'm curious when the last time he won a national championship.
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #13431
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I only race on the club level. But what does that matter? Does that mean that my opinion doesnt matter? I posted the results in here becasue this is where my discussion was happening. And I have stated that Schumacher has the best Customer Service Period. Hey Ill be honest XRay customer service sucks in my relatively short experience. That said the results are unquestionable even for us Lower level racers. I TQ'd and got 1st at my club the 1st time out with my T2, I couldnt accomplish that in 10 tries with my 415 (best finish was 2nd & usually finished 2nd or 3rd). How bout the rest of you are you all NATIONAL LEVEL. Doubtful. I am merely making an observation regarding the design and result differences of Shumacher vs other manufacturers. And it sounds to me like some of you are butt hurt. Don't look past possible issues because your a Shumacher homer. I would sell my Xray today if I wasnt getting results. What about you?

Oh and by the way STNLST how many National Level races have you won? What about RC Oldman, do you even win on the club level?

I see this kind of thing in all these forums, guys defending their cars like its life or death for them, like they have stock in the company. You think I am the only guy who has stopped driving Shumachers for the reasons stated. Of the 3 of us who drove Shuies only 1 continues and even he has a 415msx on the way so he can decide which he likes better. Homers like you and others will buy Shumacher no matter what the come out with and yes every manufacturer has homers. Loyalty is a great assest, but in competition it is WINNING that matters.

Just food for thought. Who do you think buys these kits Pro drivers or club racers?

Adrian I got those off the web so I was merely copying and pasting. I meant no offense. Your a class guy.

Last edited by Ill Factor; 02-09-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #13432
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ball grippas binding on ball studs.

I tried seaching for the answer to this, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm currently building my Mi2EC foam spec and the ball grippas for the short linkage between the two bellcranks does not fit properly. The ball grippas seem too tight on the silver ball studs. it does not rotate smoothly. It was beyond "tight until it breaks in". It just seemed like the ball cups were way too small for the ball stud.

Anyone else notice this?

I've used ball grippas on other cars I've owned and have always liked them. I'm just surprised at how tight they were on these ball studs.
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #13433
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euge
I tried seaching for the answer to this, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm currently building my Mi2EC foam spec and the ball grippas for the short linkage between the two bellcranks does not fit properly. The ball grippas seem too tight on the silver ball studs. it does not rotate smoothly. It was beyond "tight until it breaks in". It just seemed like the ball cups were way too small for the ball stud.

Anyone else notice this?

I've used ball grippas on other cars I've owned and have always liked them. I'm just surprised at how tight they were on these ball studs.

My buddy had the same problem with his EC. I think he just left it like that.

Nice Avatar!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #13434
Tech Master

okay, so I'm not going crazy. (it's tough being a dictator and all)

I tried to snap them on and they wouldn't 'snap'. I'm thinking I just need to squeeze harder to get them to 'snap', but they wouldn't. It just seemed like they were too small.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #13435
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
okay, so I'm not going crazy. (it's tough being a dictator and all)

I tried to snap them on and they wouldn't 'snap'. I'm thinking I just need to squeeze harder to get them to 'snap', but they wouldn't. It just seemed like they were too small.
Snap the ball cup on and if its tight squeeze it from each side with a pair of needle nose piliers. This will slightly compress/reshape the plastic and free up the movment. Start with a little pressure and use more force untill it feels free.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #13436
Tech Master

okay, cool. I'll give that a try. thanks for the quick reply.

good luck at the birds.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #13437
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
I only race on the club level. But what does that matter? Does that mean that my opinion doesnt matter? I posted the results in here becasue this is where my discussion was happening. And I have stated that Schumacher has the best Customer Service Period. Hey Ill be honest XRay customer service sucks in my relatively short experience. That said the results are unquestionable even for us Lower level racers. I TQ'd and got 1st at my club the 1st time out with my T2, I couldnt accomplish that in 10 tries with my 415 (best finish was 2nd & usually finished 2nd or 3rd). How bout the rest of you are you all NATIONAL LEVEL. Doubtful. I am merely making an observation regarding the design and result differences of Shumacher vs other manufacturers. And it sounds to me like some of you are butt hurt. Don't look past possible issues because your a Shumacher homer. I would sell my Xray today if I wasnt getting results. What about you?

Oh and by the way STNLST how many National Level races have you won? What about RC Oldman, do you even win on the club level?

I see this kind of thing in all these forums, guys defending their cars like its life or death for them, like they have stock in the company. You think I am the only guy who has stopped driving Shumachers for the reasons stated. Of the 3 of us who drove Shuies only 1 continues and even he has a 415msx on the way so he can decide which he likes better. Homers like you and others will buy Shumacher no matter what the come out with and yes every manufacturer has homers. Loyalty is a great assest, but in competition it is WINNING that matters.

Adrian I got those off the web so I was merely copying and pasting. I meant no offense. Your a class guy.
I've been in the A main at the national level but I haven't won anything but then again......I don't practice as much as the paid pros do because I have a fulltime job other than racing.

and just like you asked question so did we....now we have a book to read saying that we act like we have stock in the company. Let's just drop it. The EC is our new car and we should be talking about different set up's rather than preaching personal beliefs
Old 02-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #13438
Tech Addict

OK. Damn this conversation. While it was entertaining at first, I think it has taken a turn for the worst. Contrary to popular belief some of us do this thing for the social aspect, to get out the house, for bragging rights, and even for fun . Personally, I would rather you give me the unpopular car versus turning me into a bandwagon fan boy any day but thatís just me .

However, if youíre up for the challenge Shuie happens to have a couple 'representatives' on that side of the continent. Just let 'em know when and where and Iím sure they will be there. Just let us know how you feel about wearing a mullet!

(Oh yeah some of us do it just to talk sh*t).
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #13439
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
OK. Damn this conversation. While it was entertaining at first, I think it has taken a turn for the worst. Contrary to popular belief some of us do this thing for the social aspect, to get out the house, for bragging rights, and even for fun . Personally, I would rather you give me the unpopular car versus turning me into a bandwagon fan boy any day but thatís just me .

However, if youíre up for the challenge Shuie happens to have a couple 'representatives' on that side of the continent. Just let 'em know when and where and Iím sure they will be there. Just let us know how you feel about wearing a mullet!

(Oh yeah some of us do it just to talk sh*t).
As for it turning for the worst, you can thank the homers for that. I tried to keep it on the car level.

I agree it is about getting out and hanging with your buddys, but it is also about winning, isnt that what bragging rights would be. Or perhaps you go out telling people "Dude you only beat me by two laps today but hey I sure love my customer service".

It's now becoming clear that most guys who race cannot be objective even when looking at there own cars. I will tell you the same thing I told the guys in the XRay forum, who also got butt hurt when I was debating early manufacturing problems with the T2.

If you don't speak you will never be heard.

Honestly a rep should be able to beat a club racer or he shouldnt be a rep, so this really kind of a silly challenge. But your more then welcome to bring it if ever in the area.

Good luck to you all in 2006, I really do hope to see Shuies near the top again soon.

Last edited by Ill Factor; 02-09-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #13440
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
okay, cool. I'll give that a try. thanks for the quick reply.

good luck at the birds.
Hurry and build it so you can leave it with me to try before you vacay :P