R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2002, 11:24 PM   #1276
Tech Apprentice

Default Parts

Where does everyone get thier Schumacher Mission parts? My LHS doesn't carry them so I have to mail-order/internet order them.
_neas_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 08:05 AM   #1277
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck to everyone at Snowbirds. One of these days I will make the trek, but with the carpet Nats in my backyard this year, I stayed home to prep for that.

Neas: I either get my stuff direct from Schumacher or from SpeedTech RC on the net. Both ship fast and are run by the best...

ESCs: Never trust what anyone who is getting paid to run a product says about that product. Bottom line, all ESCs spec out about the same and it comes down to personal preference...I prefer Keyence.
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 08:19 AM   #1278
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Racer X- Good run yesterday. It felt good to run with you guys in stock. Like we had figured previously....SMH (IMO) are better than the HV's. Even though they say that the HV'S can take the abuse being charged at 6plus amps I thingk that in the long run the batteries life span will be shorter than SMH. Racer's are charging at 10amps now. How long will that hold up? I now have the TC2 speedo and it's preety smooth and has plenty of punch. I really like the adjustability it has when hooked up to a pit wizard. When we get back to Speedworld we'll have to put one in your Schuie to see what you think. Thanks for the fun racing.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:08 AM   #1279
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

STLNLST: man, I hope your joking about that 6+ and 10amp charging people are doing. 10 amps!.......thats insane. I don't care if its SMH or HV's, no battery will last long doing that.......let me take a guest, these are the same type of people who swear by deadshorting right?

Just a guess.....

Well hey......some people just have extra money to burn.
Old 02-10-2002, 03:39 PM   #1280
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Darkseid- I kid you not on what racer's are charging HV'S at. Most of them are doing so because this is what certain battery companies are telling them to charge packs that racer's buy from them. We don't have to charge SMH this high because they have plenty of punch at regular charge rates. I charge my SMH at 4amps for both stock and mod ( I normally only run mod) and I used HV'S yesterday for the first round in stock and mod. The HV's felt good in both classes but they felt like they died off some towards the end of the race. The HV'S were charged at 6amps for stock and 5amps for mod. I really like my SMH cells so that's what I'll stick with. My sponsor has both cells but if it ain't broke why fix it. This is just my personal opinion.....you might like the cells. Use a friends before you spend some money though
Old 02-10-2002, 03:47 PM   #1281
Tech Adept

I am going thru same questions, I am getting ready to buy some new packs. i do not have any SMH's or HV's. I was thinking of buying like 2 or 3 SMH's and 1 HV just to see what it is like. I am hearing SMH's are the way to go though for TC's. Anyhow looks as if Schumacher showed well at Snowbirds. Congrats to all the Schuie drivers!!
wilson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 05:57 PM   #1282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just got back from the race. I wish I had raced as is was a great event. Well over 600 entries when you combined On Road and Oval! The competition was fierce!!!

We had a bit of bad luck on Pro Mod. McMahon got bumped out on the A in the last round. PW was on track for a mid A main position in the last round but a 6 sec crash stopped that. You had to have a perfectly clean run in the very low 11's and high 10's to make the A. This was Teemu's 1st foam tire race so he was figuring things out until the B main where he was on fire (until he hit a pipe and broke out).

19T Foam was another story. Brian Jucha, PW and Teemu had great runs. It really sould have been like this in mod too but that racing!

Ron won 19T rubber. His closest competition was Timmy Heiser and Toasty and they were a 1/4 lap back the whole race.

Ron should have won stock too as he had the fastest laps in the class all week but he had a bit of a rough main and finished 5th. Alex got bumped in the last round. Timmy had some bad luck in this class but did great in 19T.

Alex had a great run in 1/12th stock. Traffic was kinda rough in the A main. He finished 3rd but could have won it easily if he had caught a few breaks early in the race. Thanks to Speed Merchant for putting a great car under Alex!

Special Thanks to Eric Anderson of Team BSR/Hyperdrive for working on the motors or our Stock and 19T drivers. They had plenty of horsepower thanks to him.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:50 PM   #1283
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Dark Seid....I did not get all excited about anything you said, it will take more then what some guy says about rc cars to get me excited. Also if you actualy take the time to stop and talk to a fully sponsored driver you will see that they are not just salesmen, altho some may think they are. I know I would belive someone who has the ability to use what ever ESC he wants b/c he is that good and any company would pay him to use their product. So when he said that he tried them all and he likes the novak out of them all then I would belive him. I dont see how you would belive someone else who probably can not notice any difference between any two esc's. Yeah he gets paid by them but he could just as easly go up to any company and get them to pay him to use their product. Do you think he would be useing a subpar ESC if there was a better one on the market? Maybe one day you can get over your fear of sponsored drivers and actually talk to one and see that they are all not just evil salesmen trying to make a sale. Im just a little confused as to why you guys seem so reluctant to listen to what a paid racer has to say.....if he is good enough to get paid to race then he could get paid by anybody and it would be to his bennifit to check out all the other options out there so he can have the best equipment out there.

Congrats to all the Schumacher drivers at the birds.....and way to go Timmy on making both A's and Brian Jucha for a strong race weekend as well.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:59 PM   #1284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default who cares!

who cares, this is the Schumacher thread. If you guys wanna talk esc's go to the esc thread or start one. I come here to read and write about Schumachers, racers, setups, tips, race results, etc not some babble about sponsored drivers and esc's. In the end who really cares. Let's get back to Schumacher talk.

Congratulations to all Schumacher drivers this weekend at the Snowbirds on great performances and a great showing !!!
Sigearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 08:00 AM   #1285
Regional Moderator

Sigearhead: Well obviously someone cares. If you don't want to read you don't have to. But, please, don't tell me what to write or where to write it.......thanks.

KevinK: my bad again. Like I said I wasn't trying to get you upset. I was just making a point. Its very rare for a sponsored driver for one company to recommend another companies' product. And that many times people go with sponsors because they pay them more. DO you really think Atushi Hara switched from Yokomo to HPI because he believes the Pro3 was a better car? Could be, but I doubt it. Thats all I was saying. I dont recall saying I take anyone's word on which esc to use, sponsored or unsponsored. Hell, I still use mostly Tekin G10 escs. And theres certainly no one out there saying their the best. But, at some point I obviously got you upset by making my point. Again, I didn't mean to, I really just thought we were having a friendly debate.

Congrats to the Schumacher drivers!!! Once agian proving that no matter how many drivers leave for the other teams, Schumacher just keeps doing well.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:19 AM   #1286
Regional Moderator

STLNLST: That is amazing to hear that people are really doing that, or that any company would reccomend it. I have just purchased two Matched packs of HV's. But, unlike you, this is my first jump into 3000's, so I don't have a point of reference to compare the new cells to. The reason I picked the Sanyos is because I have never tried Panosonic's batteries', so I stuck with what has always worked for me.

But, I'm sure I'll be happy with them.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:40 AM   #1287
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Mission

Congrats to all the Schumacher racers from Snowbirds.
Especially my boy Atomic Ron for bringing it home to Austin.

I was able to drive Ron's car @ Kinetixrc and it was hooked up big time. I was so impressed with the car that I bought one myself.

Hey Neas and All,

I think Ron could hook you up with Schumacher parts for the Mission if you give him a ring. You can get the number off the web site: http:\\www.kinetixrc.com
YokGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 12:46 PM   #1288
Regional Moderator

Man, I'm trying to hold off and get a look at Corally's new TC around World's time, but the Mission is calling me.

"Buy me.....buy me........"

Did everyone here go with the full graphite version, or did some of you go for the S1 composite kit?
Old 02-11-2002, 01:29 PM   #1289
Tech Champion

Dark Seid....No prob man Im not upset I was just trying to get my point across like you are thats all. I do know that some moves in the "Pro's" of the hobby are money related I cann't dispute that. I dont know why Harra switched but I would assume that it was money related, but it could have been he thought the car was better. I wasn't really directing the statement about people listenting to other people that can not tell the differance between ESC's towards you if I did it was my bad. You just use what works for ya I like Tekin ESC's but after they just disapeared I sold mine, also they are kinda hard to fit on some chassis. I thought that we were haveing a nice debate too I never took any thing you said as being negative towards me. I guess we are two strong opionated people thats all.

I see you are asking questions about HV batteries and I can say that you can charge them at the HIGH rates that STL is talking about but they do seem to fall off about the 4 min. mark in most races. Also with the high charge rate it does not seem to effect the run time of the cell it just adds more voltage. I have some packs that are 4 months old and I charge them at 8 amps for stock and they cycle out with the same runtime as they did when they were new with just more voltage. I like the SMH batteries better they are strong the whole run and if you take care of them they last long, just like any cell its all about the care of the cell.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:31 PM   #1290
Tech Champion

I got the Full Carbon kit and you would not be disapointed with the car if you choose to pick one up. Its a great car and is one of the top cars on the market today.