Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Help me out guys!!!!!! I have a trophy race tomorrow and have a broken shock shaft. No way to get one for the Mi2. Is there another shock shaft that will work? Please tell me that a Losi will work.

Rod
Old 12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RKeasler
Help me out guys!!!!!! I have a trophy race tomorrow and have a broken shock shaft. No way to get one for the Mi2. Is there another shock shaft that will work? Please tell me that a Losi will work.

Rod
The Losi rear XXXS shock shaft should work
Old 12-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You are the man, no matter what Adrian says.

Rod
Old 12-17-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Islandbwoy - thanks for the pics...
Old 12-17-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

np
Old 12-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Now this is different: just upened my brand new alloy rear hub adapters which is all good, except for the fact that the instructions are for the Alloy GEAR apapter.?!??!?! How do i assemble my hub adapter????

Last edited by IslandBwoy; 12-17-2005 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Use the black insert that you want to get the desired toe. I always ran the 0º insert in the hub with the alloy pivot blocks. This will give you 2º toe in. If you want more, use the 1º and make sure the arrow is pointing forward. Use the set screw to hold the insert in place. Make sure you use some blue thread lock on the set screw. They like to back out in the middle of a run if you don't. Also, depending on setup, I usually ran 1mm under the ball stud and make sure to take the 2mm spacer out from behind the camber link mount on the shock tower and space the tower back from the bulkhead 2mm. This will put the camber link parallel to the CVD. If you don't set that up right, it can greatly effect the camber gain.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Now this is different: just upened my brand new alloy rear hub adapters which is all good, except for the fact that the instructions are for the Alloy GEAR apapter.?!??!?! How do i assemble my hub adapter????
Very straight forward...Slide the 0deg insert into the hub with the hinge-pin hole to the bottom. Center the insert in the hub and snug the set-screw (grub screw).

I personally did mine a different way; I put the insert flush to one side on the hub and then cut the insert flush to the other side. Then use spacers to center the hub instead. I recommend the first instruction just for testing, if you like the hubs then look into the second method
Old 12-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Thank you both.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

When i ran my mi2 yesterday and after i got into a crash, i had to adjust my steering trim in my tx a few notches for the rest of my run just to make the car run straight. When i changed my batts into a newly charged pack and resting it after more or less thirty minutes, i had to return my steering to its normal settings. My kit is using the teemu lower deck and does this usually happen? or is there something wrong with my kit? I know that you would suggest that i should refrain from crashing but i cannot prevent these accidents in happening. My driving skills need a lot of improvement.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tantalus007
When i ran my mi2 yesterday and after i got into a crash, i had to adjust my steering trim in my tx a few notches for the rest of my run just to make the car run straight. When i changed my batts into a newly charged pack and resting it after more or less thirty minutes, i had to return my steering to its normal settings. My kit is using the teemu lower deck and does this usually happen? or is there something wrong with my kit? I know that you would suggest that i should refrain from crashing but i cannot prevent these accidents in happening. My driving skills need a lot of improvement.
Check that the servo saver thumb nut is tight. If you have a good metal gear servo, just tighten the thumb nut all the way tight.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Which one is the servo saver thumb nut, is that the black plastic nut? I'm using a futaba 9402 servo, could i tighten the thumb nut all the way tight with this servo? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

The one on the servo saver that's built into the left bell crank. I Run mine as tight as it can be. If yours is too loose, it could shift in the impact and not return all the way causing your trim to be off.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Horrible day for me but Schuie driver's never quit. The traction is at the highest it's been all year and now the jaco wraps are the hot ticket. During club races they are turning the same lap times as the regular jaco's but now oohhhhhhh my gosh. It will be tough to practice for the nats when the bite isn't as high because we thought that we stubbled on to a great set up during practice but between the last round of practice and the start of the races the traction went up BIG TIME. The cars started handling differently. We have a few things to try during practice today and Barry has been helpful so we should be just fine. Wish us luck and I'll update my fellow schuie driver's later on today.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Horrible day for me but Schuie driver's never quit. The traction is at the highest it's been all year and now the jaco wraps are the hot ticket. During club races they are turning the same lap times as the regular jaco's but now oohhhhhhh my gosh. It will be tough to practice for the nats when the bite isn't as high because we thought that we stubbled on to a great set up during practice but between the last round of practice and the start of the races the traction went up BIG TIME. The cars started handling differently. We have a few things to try during practice today and Barry has been helpful so we should be just fine. Wish us luck and I'll update my fellow schuie driver's later on today.
Sound like outdoor asphalt racing (working with varying traction as the day goes on!!)

If you want to hear the action and see live scoring (no video available at this time) you can go the www.2006RoarNats.com website ...click on the "Live Scoring" menu option up on top ..on the Carpet Nat's side of the menu.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.