Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
PW
Tech Elite

So that would be why Teemu, had the arms mounted further out at the Euro's? Because the offset on the HPI hubs is different to stock?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

hello im having problems with my car,it turns in well, but wen i put the power on it just oversteers like mad. any idears??? i am runing the same set up as adrianM gave me. the only thing i have changed is the ride hight to 5.5 front at 6 rear because our track is bumper and it grounds out.
i just need to get the car perfect for sunday as it is the start of the club championship. the car is fast but just realy hard to get out of the coners. thanks bob
Old 08-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you have any anti squat in the car? If not that's usually the first thing I do if I need the car to square up more coming out. Add a 1mm shim under the front suspension mount for the rear arms. That and move the rear arms back.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

I would try moving the rear arms back, and or Less caster up front. That will give you a touch more turn in, but less steering mid corner. I have used this when my car has been as you describe.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

so jon: if i try puting a 1mm shim under the front pivot block at the rear wishbone?? and put the wishbone all the way to the back with the spacers (longest)?? am i right. o yeah i am runing a 1mill spacer under the front pivot block on the front wishbone shall i take it out??

matt: i am runing 4degre caster, i have not got any other blocks and will not beable to get them 4 sunday. what will i want to get????

one other thing i forgot i am not runing a spool will that help me on this problem?

thanks for the help bob
Old 08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
PW
Tech Elite

bob33....When you raised the car's ride height, did you reset the droop, camber etc etc??
Old 08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When you raised the ride height did you adjust your droop. By raising your ride height you lost 1mm droop on each end of the car. In the UK guys run thier with quite a bit of droop to let the car roll more on low bite tracks.

Listen to Matt W...he races in your neck of the woods!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As always...PW first to the line...Adrian one minute behind...lol!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bob33
so jon: if i try puting a 1mm shim under the front pivot block at the rear wishbone?? and put the wishbone all the way to the back with the spacers (longest)?? am i right. o yeah i am runing a 1mill spacer under the front pivot block on the front wishbone shall i take it out??

matt: i am runing 4degre caster, i have not got any other blocks and will not beable to get them 4 sunday. what will i want to get????

one other thing i forgot i am not runing a spool will that help me on this problem?

thanks for the help bob
Do you have the spacer in the front under only the front pivot block giving the car front kick up? If so I'd take that out first then move the rear arms back. Try the anti-squat last. Also check what PW mentioned. If your droop and alignments aren't right, none of this will help at all.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

adrian and pw
eerrrm noo i dint do that lol right so, im now runing 5.5mm of ride hight and 6mm on the back, and my droop is set at 3mm all round what do i want. and my camber is 1.5 so will all that need changing? (im new to all this set up ) matt have u a set up for yee old britan tracks lol thanks if u have. my email is [email protected] thanks guys i need this help lol bob
Old 08-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Do you have the spacer in the front under only the front pivot block giving the car front kick up? If so I'd take that out first then move the rear arms back. Try the anti-squat last. Also check what PW mentioned. If your droop and alignments aren't right, none of this will help at all.

i have the 1mm spacer under the front pivot on the front, and 1mm spacer on the rear pivot block on the rear of the car. i got told to do this by some 1 at the track. bob
Old 08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

I'm gonna pick up an MI2 pretty soon here. For running on rubber tires/indoor asphalt, could you guys give me a short list of any optional parts I'll need to pick up at the same time?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but what better way to keep the thread near the top?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bob33
i have the 1mm spacer under the front pivot on the front, and 1mm spacer on the rear pivot block on the rear of the car. i got told to do this by some 1 at the track. bob
OK, take both out, the ones in the front and back. On the back suspension, try just using the stock riser plate, and in the front, take out the front plate and replace it with 1mm shims under both the front and rear pivot blocks.

By having the spacer under the rear pivot block in the back that gives you pro squat which can make the car very hard to drive and loose coming off. Plus having the Kick up in the front by raising the front pivot block up 1mm essentially adds caster to the car which can give it a lot of (probably too much) mid corner steering. That should give you a better place to start from at least.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SMcpot
I'm gonna pick up an MI2 pretty soon here. For running on rubber tires/indoor asphalt, could you guys give me a short list of any optional parts I'll need to pick up at the same time?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but what better way to keep the thread near the top?
I see your location is SoCal, will you be racing @ SoCal? If you're going to be there this Saturday, come by and I'll show you what we've been putting on the car. Look for the paint job in the Avitar.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
OK, take both out, the ones in the front and back. On the back suspension, try just using the stock riser plate, and in the front, take out the front plate and replace it with 1mm shims under both the front and rear pivot blocks.

By having the spacer under the rear pivot block in the back that gives you pro squat which can make the car very hard to drive and loose coming off. Plus having the Kick up in the front by raising the front pivot block up 1mm essentially adds caster to the car which can give it a lot of (probably too much) mid corner steering. That should give you a better place to start from at least.
right i will do this.and i will move the rear wishbones to the long seting. right now that is sorted, what shall i set my droop to it is at 3mm at the min. and i am runing 1.5 camber. what shell i up them to. seeing as i have got more ride hight.??? sory if i am being a pain lol. bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.