Old 01-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

RacerX- My e-mail is [email protected].

Thankx
Old 01-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cornerspeed: You have mail...

Cole: The only difference between the two kits is the chassis material. C/F is most likely better on carpet, however.

GotYourNumber: P2k=27, P2k2=26, may one tooth higher or lower depending on track conditions.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

I've only had two problems with the car,one bad belt with the kit(stretched or something i guess)Two,and the real bummer,put the oneway in after waiting forever for it,and one run later broken oneway!seem that the shaft that goes threw the actual pulley had some play in it,that let the pin slip out,and walah,two wheel drive.......would have been able to fix it had the little inside bearing not disinegrated.But all in all this car is fast!I just hope i did'nt get a posessed one,thats forever going to haunt me!
Old 01-08-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ackerman

Has somebody already experimented with different lengths of the center steering link?
Old 01-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Couple of questions for you schumacher boys...

Are the suspension components the same as those off the Axis - because they look pretty similar to me.

And has anyone found the S1 chassis to be wanting in stiffness compared to the full carbon version? The carbon version seems a little expensive to me.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

sosidge, the lower wishbones, hubs and shocks are the same. The upper wishbones and bulkheads are different.

Sandor, I put an adjustable link on my car last week but have not experemented yet. I suspect that it would do the same as the A2, i/e longer link = smoother
Old 01-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Couple of questions for you schumacher boys...

Originally posted by sosidge
And has anyone found the S1 chassis to be wanting in stiffness compared to the full carbon version? The carbon version seems a little expensive to me.
Depends. On slippery tracks and/or bumpy tracks, I would go for the S1. If money burns in the pocket AND running on very smooth tracks, then maybe the full carbon version.

Personally, I'm running on carpet with a few smaller bumps. Besides, I'm on a budget, so the S1 will do fine.

However, my situation is changed for the moment, so I'm forced to spend my money somewhere else. Sad, I was ready to buy. double sad, since the LHS got an attractive introduction offer right now... Well, maybe I'm lucky and can get one in a couple of months.

Thanks to all of you for your help.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

cornerspeed...stripped out at the pin..I think it has to do with the fact that all the drive force goes through one very small pin connection in that plastic drive gear, and when you come to a sudden stop under power (confess guys..happens to us all every now and then), wallows out the plastic...I'm going to try the hardened alloy gear. Hope that all that torque won't do something more drastic...visions of twisted layshaft appear, but more than likely will break the pin...Hmmm, better stock an extra just in case

As for gearing...running a P2k2 on a very tight twisty carpet track, been running 86 spur and 24 pinion...like I said, this is a small tight track, so quickness means more than top end...
Old 01-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

MarkG- Yea mine is ready to strip at the pin. I have about 60 to 70 packs run on the car. Mostly high traction asphalt track with banking. I guess it isn't been too bad. I will too get the alooy pulley.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jenkemfr-Call us at Schumacher USA and we will send you a new one way the same day.

Good luck to Mike McMahon, Chris Walsh and all the other Mission pilots on the way to the Triple Crown Race at R/C Madness this week end!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Adrian.... The Shumacher Team will be there in force!
Old 01-10-2002, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Anyone got any thoughts on this:

On an indoor carpet track with rubber tyres the rear of the car bounces it's way round corners.

80wt 2 holes, yellow springs (silver fronts) rear roll bar, both inner pins parallel.

it's got me a little baffled, i thought it was probably too much grip so thickened the oil, put the roll bar on and it didn't stop the bouncing, but did seem to take a little grip away.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

possibly the oil was too heavy in the first place.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

From what you describe sounds like too heavy oil also. Like the yellow spring isnt suited to that weight oil in this instance. Its 'packing' out obver bumps and needs a slower oil/spring to slow shock action down
Old 01-10-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

I like to use thicker oil AND larger holes in the piston. This way, the oil speed is slower, compared to a shock with thin oil and small holes (assuming the resulting damping is the same).

The advantage of slower oil speed, is less turbolence, and therefor less pack. The car gets much better in soaking up bumps. Maybe it also could help out the bounching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.