Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kevin ... no comment on the Nats until ROAR has there final say. I'm just trying to get ready either way. Who knows hen the hell ROAR is going to make a final decision on what we run. I really wish I had a Mssion, but I don't and probly won't before the nationals. So if you could hook me up with that A2 setup info I'd be greatful.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2001, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I chewed up the 17t drive pulley tonight on my Mission, and a friend did the same with his Mission the first night he ran it. I was running the car in both stock and mod, with an 11x2 in mod. I looked things over pretty carefully, and everything looks to built correctly, but I could be missing somthing. We are both decent drivers, and I actually was doing quite well with the car, meaning I didn't hit much!

I would also like to have any gearing suggestions for the 20t pulley since that is what I will have to run until the parts come in to the local shop. I seem to be the only one, but I'm running 48 pitch...so on a tight carpet track, with rubber tires, what would be good starting point for stock, and also for a ti can 11x2.

Thanks...

p.s. this is my first post, and judging by what I have seen on here, and the help available, it won't be my last! Great Board!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just to clarify on that last post...it was the INSIDE of the pulley that stripped on the pin...not the outside on the belt!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default wow we shifted alot !!!

lol

ne ways I got one thing to say about mags, TTT, and then I will drop it and get back to "drooling over the mission" ( sorry bout the rip), mags are written buy a bunch of guys who knew nothing about r/c til they got the job ( with exceptions of course chris C {rcca}), ttt if it has nothing to do about trinity losi, or is bad mouthing the one of the two the thread is ditched and it is over, and this (rctech) is the best quality message board out there...(for rc cars that is) ( that I have seen too) what really pisses me off about mags is that they are all sellouts... the will not give you a real dislike about the car, thew wont tell you what is wrong with a car... it is all about the allmighty dollar ( what isnt???), i am not saying that I could do a better job... I am just saying that I would liek to see a real shoot out, where the winner isnt the conpany who spends the most advertising dollars...

I could really go off but I am not gonna...

back to schumacher.... I love my mission... I have driven a lot of diffrent touring cars the last 3 or so years, tl-01, yokomo mr4-tc, tc3, back to yok, pro 2, pro3, tc3 again, then to schumacher.... and by far the shcmacher is the most stable most adjustable most reliable and most consistant car that I have ever driven...

this is truely a racers car.... I whis that there was more of a following on the west coast.... there is really one lhs that I can go to to get parts relaibly (hobby centeral) poway ca... that is about 100 miles away from my house....

s ok tho the shcumacher is worth it

I love my schumacher.... I will not stray aweay from the light that is schumacher... high quality, high speed, high placement

Last edited by tc3driver; 12-28-2001 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

TC3 driver and all;

Starting a Schumacher thread on our Board was a great idea. Some attitudes like the 4 post on here will always cause problems on any board. By posting information on our Board it helps teh Schumacher image, not yours personally. I hope the attitude is not we don't have time for people with Rustlers. Guess what, they are the next generation of racers, so please take the time and help them, not only with Schumacher cars but with any questions.

As far as the 12-year old comments, I didn't know I knew nothing about racing I don't know what I have been doing for the past years with these RC car things, I thought they were models. In fact everybody here has been in RC for over 10 years, but your right we know nothing.

Sorry to get off the topic here, but some people just have the wrong attitude that won't help Schumacher or this hobby.

Adrian, I'm calling you for the carpet setup today, thanks.
Old 12-28-2001, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I know alot of people have a problem with TTT, and I cant say I blame you, but things will get better soon on there, now we are just waiting for things to be finished up.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TC3: I write for Xtreme RC mag occationally, and I have yet to find anything I have written changed in order to make a mfr happy. If it's crap, I have been told to say it's crap. Maybe you might want to check Xtreme out sometime...I hear that theres a great review coming on the Mission!

BTW, I have time for anyone who needs help, no matter what they drive. Last Wed I spent most of the night helping a first timer with a Yokomo at Stockton. It takes lots of guts to come out to the track for the first time, and most of the time, their cars are less than perfect. Anyone who comes is welcome to all the help I can give. If anyone here ever needs help, either on line or at Stockton or SpeedWorld in Roseville, LMK and I'm more than happy to assist.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys...finally got to run my Mission yesterday...it was less than perfect with my original setup (too little rear toe, not enough rear droop, wrong tire selection, sway bars too tight, yada, yada), but thanks to Atomic Ron by the end of the second pack we had the thing hooked up. All of my racing experience has been on larger, open asphalt tracks. Running on a small, tight carpet track was something of a new experience...

See Adrians previous post for a carpet setup..its really close. Stick with his tire suggestions...rubber on carpet=tires make a huge difference. Try the Pits 24 + Med inserts...

I also run 48 p gears...using the stock 86 spur, and the 17 tooth pulley, I was gearing my P2K2 with a 24 t pinion...could probably go up a tooth, but remember this is a very small, very tight track, so quickness means more than straightaway speed.

Love this car!!!
Old 12-28-2001, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Oh Yeah...Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year...
Old 12-28-2001, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

tc3driver- Try Ultimate hobbies for Mission parts. They should have something by now. I don't know how far it is, but sure its closer then Poway.

Got my one-way, its on for tomorrow.

Happy new year to all.
Old 12-28-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Schurcr,

Here is the set up that I finnished with on foams with an Axis2.
Run the Axis full topdeck or two stacked up if you have two. Make sure when you put it on the car that the top plate is level front to back b/c they might not be. Also dont try the one-way diff unless you can hang on to the car pulling you all over out of the corrners.

Front
80wt oil 2 hole vari pistion....for high grip go to 1 hole
inner most hole on shock tower
outside on the lower arm
yellow springs
67.5mm shock length
up on the suspension mount
inside hole on carrier
back hole for steering
added 2mm spacer to bell crank to remove bump steer
run the diff tighter then normal in front
2 deg camber
0 toein/out
2mm droop
4mm ridehight
max castor all clips in the back

rear
80wt oil 2 hole vari piston keep 2 hole in back even with high grip
inner hole on tower
outside on the lower arm
yellow or silver springs silver to give more steering if needed
67.5mm shock legnth
up on the mount
inline on the hub move to inside for high grip
1mm anti-squat
2.5 deg toe in per side
1 deg camber
1.5mm droop
4mm ridehight

TRC prurple rear tires and TRC plaid front tires Or JACO tires but same compound start them at 2.30 dia. and you can run them down to 2.20 in stock and 2.22 in mod.

This will be a good starting point for you Axis2 it takes a little different driving style to race foams be ready for it to react and react fast. Also a little tip dont cut the the front side of the wheel wells out all the way, if you do this will allow you to chunk more tires then needed. Also no sharp edges on the wheel wells round them or cut them straight.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DerekB- I must say "Please read what was written and do not play word ganes"

Noone ever said that the kid who just got his new RTR traxxas vehicle was bad or that they should not be helped. If you carefully reread the post you will see that I said that my insight was underminded buy a relatively newbe while I was triing to help another member. If you want the whole story from almost 3 years ago e-mail me and we can continue this discussion that way.

Also in those 4 posts you speak of we where just giving our opinions, and in no way where we speaking for Schumacher, any of it's drivers, or the organization as it stands. How can the image of a company be tarnished by it's consumers or would be consumers???
Old 12-30-2001, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default lol

DerekB- if you look closely to my post i said that there are acceptsions to every rule, you have 12 years in rc great so do I.... started in 89, I didnt intend to make anybody angry, and if i offended you, I do apoligise...

this is not ment to offend iether, but the reason that I stopped subscribing to rcca is cause of the adds and the near comedic way that the mags try to make things sound

recently in one of the two mags there was a duratrax evador st, and this is what set me off to quote " dislikes: not truely rtr needs battery and charger." tell me one brand of car other than kyosho who puts a battery and charger in thier rtr kits... so my question is why not say that about traxxas (from whom all rtr require battery and charger, even nitro!!!)

ok so now I am over it.... it is sime for me to wish it wasnt the hollidays cause I had to work on my normal race day so i didnt get to try the new settings to my schumacher.... but I will try to be at socal next saturday....

I love the schumacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corner-speed thx for the tip... but I call and they say that they dont even have the mission in yet

RacerX- cool I havent really had time to look at the new xtreem... been too busy at the hobby shop to read mags...lol cept for when someone calls me bout one...lol

ne ways hope yall have a safe and happy newyears, and here's to 2002!
Old 12-30-2001, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Racer X- I don't think that you have to explain yourself to derekB...after all if he covers the race in Stockton this year he'll be asking you for your carpet set up. You can't win no matter what you do...LOL Good run yesterday. Did you get that steering taken care of for the main?
Old 12-30-2001, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Sherman, here's my set-up as of the mains. And God I LOVE this CAR.
        Will try a second washer next time out. And my patched together bumper with lexan, shoe-goo and woven material, lasted all day even though it was sorly tested. I look forward to seeing the video tape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.