Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was wondering the same thing ...seems like there is already a TON of information on here and over at that other site it's starting from "sqaure 1"
Old 12-26-2001, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This site is not very well known. Novices to this hobby are more likely to start at RCCA's web board and never find this one. This site has just under 2000 registerd users. RCCA's site has just under 10,000. I get calls everyday asking where do I get setups and details about Schumacher cars. I usually tell them to come here. They usually reply, "why aren't you on RCCA's board or TTT?". Those are the 2 major clearing houses for infomation in the R/C industry.

I'm just asking the guys that post here to look there there too to see if they can help someone out not move there.
Old 12-26-2001, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ADRAIN- You can't post anything helpful on TT because the info won't be on there longer than one day. That's the reason why we all started over here....or shall I say the previous named website
Old 12-27-2001, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

well I guess I am the last person on earth using 48 pitch gears, so I am looking for a good starting point on a very tight track with a GM3 and a P2K2. One of these days I guess I'll have to buy 64 lol
Old 12-27-2001, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

DavidAlford... I guess there are at least two of us with 48p. I run a GM3 and on the larger carpet track (Trackside) I run a 26 or 27 pinion (stock spur) and at our local short track I run 24-25. I havent tested with a P2K yet so I cant help you there.
Old 12-27-2001, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Mopar, both. I have run both front belts with no problem. My grey one runs a little looser than the black one did.
Old 12-27-2001, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

I just installed my grey front belt last night. Its a little tighter then the black belt. We'll see how it handles a 7-2 sat. night at SoCal. Hopefully my one-way will make it here to me tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2001, 03:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AdrianM: Like I told the RCCA editor (DerekB) when he mentioned the same numbers concerning the member base of the two sites, "bigger isn't always better".

TTT is certainly bigger than this site, but I doubt anyone would say its better.

RCCA's board is so large because their magazine is so large. They don't have anything there that we don't have here. Well, except for the "expert" input of the RCCA editors.

If I were you, when someone asks me why Schumacher isn't on RCCA's site, I would say; "Why don't you start a thread up yourself?" I mean thats what happened here isn't it? The guy meche started the thread.

But, the way I see it, thats the type of people who only use that board. They can't do something on their own, they need someone to tell them to start a thread. Or they don't believe anything thats said on the thread until someone "official" comes along to validate the thread.

If they really want a thread that bad, they could have started one when the RCCA board first went up. It just doesn't make sense that they are phoning you guys to ask you to start one. Do they call you guys to find out when they can go to the bathroom too!?!

Strange man, really strange.
Old 12-27-2001, 03:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AdrianM: Just to be clear though, I at least, will drop by the thread there when I visit the board. I guess it could be fun to argue......uh.......I mean chat......with a whole new set of people.

But, if I have something new to ad, or a serious question about my Schumacher, I will come here first.

I think most people here feel the same way.

Do you have the same username on that board?
Old 12-27-2001, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well RCCA may have 100 billion users registered, but I can tell you one of them doesn't use it anymore. My problem I have is that if you try to answer a question seriously some 6 year old who has had their traxxas RTR for 2 week thinks he is an RC car expert and tries to make an --- (you know what I mean) of you. Then you have the RCCA staff acting like they are 12 years old...

OHH well this topic is old lets' get back to drooling over..... uh.... discussing the mission.....LOL
Old 12-27-2001, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats how it is on so many boards, I don't know how this one is immune, but it (thankfully) is. and hopefully it will stay that way. Someone already took my name there anyway...
Old 12-27-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

David....I use 48pitch and on a short track 75 ft straight with the stock spur I geared a P2K2 26t and 24t with a GM3. On a longer track 100 ft I geared a P2k2 28t and 26t with a GM3.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Adrian..... need help with a setup for an A2 on carpet on foams. Or anybody else out there for that matter.

Adrian ... have you driven the Mission on carpet with foams yet? And if so, truthfully, how does it compare to a properly set up A2?

Thanks
Ruben
Old 12-27-2001, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Ruben....I know that you did not direct the question to me but I hve raced both cars on foams and the Axis2 is not your best choice if you have a mission. The Axis 2 takes alittle bit of work to get it to properly on foams. I took the mission out of the box and raced it first time ever at cleveland and it was way better then the Axis 2 that I spent months of track time with on foams. I would suggest that if you have a mission run that car on foams and save you self some time and tune that car. I see you are from cali. are the nats going to be on foams this year or what?

If you would like the last set up that I ran on my Axis 2 on foams I can post it but I would suggest running the mission if you have one.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:56 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Well I just got my Mission today and just got done building it (6.5 hours). I must say that I think this is probably the best car I have EVER built out of the box. Every thing fit and went together almost perfectly. Now if I can just get it to run as fast as it looks =).

Eric Anderson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.