Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 01-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Arjen, I'll try and find the part number for the parts that i use.

PW, yeah i think you're right, the bumper on my car is starting to look a little suspect.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya shocks

Hey guys, we use TRF shocks interchangably with the Schumacher shocks. All you need to do is order the HPI pro 4 plastic ball ends, there like the Associated but the inside hole is 3mm. Cut the flange off with an exacto knife and voila! Pop it in the shock and you're in business.

wrench
Old 01-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Arjen

Fairly sure this is the part that i used for the top mounting

TAM53598

Tamiya

FLUORINE COATED 5MM ALUM BALL CONNECTOR (10)

It's an internally threaded 5mm ball nut.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your help.

Arjen
Old 01-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

pw thanks! Now what do I use (stop) fuel tubing?

what do you thank about the set up it works with the rear litttle loose even on low traction at the b-ball court its driveable
Old 01-16-2005, 02:54 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcshark
pw thanks! Now what do I use (stop) fuel tubing?

what do you thank about the set up it works with the rear litttle loose even on low traction at the b-ball court its driveable
I use schumacher kwik-clips on the outside of the shaft. Not sure about the setup, check www.racing-cars.com for setups.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey paul,give me a ring tommorow buddy.

adrian,that car of yours was hooked today bro.thanks for letting me take it for a spin.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got to see Brians MI2 with the new BMI chassis last night and I got to say that is one sweet looking car. Very nice work. Looks as good as the 350
Old 01-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Leaning toward a Schumacher David? I think We'll get you turned over to our side soon
Old 01-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just said Brians car looked nice. BMI stuff makes every car look good.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks...Protc3...I wish I had put Troy's setup on my car before the main

The setup I was running throughout the day was good on the previous layout but the current layout brought out its flaws...too much body roll and lazy response.

McNichols tried Troy's setup and liked how sharp it it was...he was right...it was way better

If you need any help with your 1/12th car when you get it let me know! I'm glad everyone had fun running that class. I better work on my skills. You were really getting around good with Lynn's car!
Old 01-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Adrian can you post that set up ( the second one) please!
Old 01-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all,

Just wondering how the races went down at speedline today? Did you guys race at all? We had some good races at space coast surprisingly enough. My Schu was up to par however due to the fact that no traction compound was laid on the track every race was a bit different from the first. Ben Griffin TQ'd in the 19T class wtih 20 laps. We had 5 cars in that class. First and second place were a 10th of a second apart and 3 & 4 was only a hundreth of a second apart. I placed 4th due to my unability to figure out the track but it was a great race all the same. To sum it all up, I think Dave Franklin took 19T and Ben almost took stock but James Solomon stole it when ben broke half way through the mains. I didnt keep up with the nitro classes but there was even a monster truck and mini T exehibition.

I'm going to capture some of the video onto my computer from the races tonight and hopefully post 'em tomorrow.

See you guys later.

R.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default The weakest link?

For the most part I am happy with the Mi2 but I am having a problem with a persistant broken part.

Part U2759 Steering Bell Crank

I have gone through 4 of the left side crank (looking at the car from the rear; the one with the servo saver spring). My last spare broke today when I was hit by another car going through a turn. In the last three weeks two broke from me hitting corners and two others broke from being hit by other cars.

Is there a way to bullet proof this part? Is there something I should be doing with the servo saver spring tension?

Is there another car's bell crank that will work in the Mi2 in case I am at a race and find myself without spares as happened today?

I have gone through more steering bell cranks than I ever could imagine. I can accept the castor blocks as I have been racing enough to know they will break, but this is the first car which I have had so many steering bell cranks break.

at $11 a pop this is becoming a very expensive break!

Besides not hitting anything and asking everyone around me to please not to hit me, what can I do about the steering bell crank?

FYI -- The P-Dub Bumper has kept me from breaking arms on a regular basis!!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guy's, MI-2's finished first and second A-main at our carpet track in N.C. My 11 year old son finished second, and the winner was a 14 year old that does all his own building and wrenching! Of course we all help him out some, but he and my son did outstanding. Very impressed with this car so far, just need to get one for myself on the way soon!
Thank's Mo, for the set-up info. Might try your latest set-up and see how that does. Later!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.