Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Adrian- Are those Schumacher rims on your car? If so do they come in black? They are 24mm right. I'm looking for black rims (I'm tired of yellow and white) Any help that you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sweet thanks agian Adrian I was scared I was gonna have to buy a set of HPI shocks...... 29 days left.......
Old 12-13-2001, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I ended up using the asc. copper springs and just got it together in time to take it along to the track tonight, just to make some laps before the race to check it out. It felt so good that I ran it in one heat and TQ'd . It had a slight push but I drove with out changing anything in the main and won the A by two laps. This is on carpet with rubber tires, a very tight and short track. I cant wait to spend some time with the setup but this thing flys!!! It has the snap of a TC3 and carries a lot of corner speed. So far I love it. I did notice that my rear diff feels pretty rough yet but the front one smoothed out nicely I hope I dont have a problem.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a page that has pictures of the diff schumacher tires where you can see the tread designs? I'd like to see what tread styles the yellow compound comes in. Thanks
Old 12-14-2001, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mission

Should finish my Mission tonight! Can't wait, looks sweet!
Old 12-14-2001, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Oasis2001
Can I just say how free this transmission is! Mine is just nuts! Its like there is nothing in the transmission. It seems to spin forever. Im loving the increased runtime! hehe
Just let me echo that thought... I was simply amazed at how free the drivetrain of the Mission is. Without even degreasing the bearings it was much freer than my XXX-S which has had the bearings degreased and oiled with Royal Oil every race day. My XXX-S is well broken in and as free or more so than any Losi I've seen, but it doesn't come close to the Mission.

I can't wait to run this weekend!

Trips
Old 12-14-2001, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

I rebuilt my rear diff after 2 race days. It was feeling a little rough. Now it is like glass. Give it a try. Nice diff design also.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Personally I think Losi has gone overboard with the one belt design and had to sacrifice too much just to say they use one belt. Schumacher have used common sense and used the best parts of the Axis and then incorporated this great design transMISSION.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:27 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trips,
Let me know how the Mission compares to the Losi after you race it this weekend. I will definitely try this Mission if my Losi is not to my liking after I receive the complete graphite kit and do some testing with some new setups. Did you use the Orion motor tester to check amp draw to figure that the Schumacher was more effecient? What were the numbers like? Thanks.

AndrianM,
How much are the titanium turnbuckles and hingepins and does Schumacher make a gear adapter for the Mission so I could use 64 pitch gears? Your car looks sweet. How would you compare the Keyence to a Cyclone TC or TC2? Thanks.

Last edited by Ty; 12-16-2001 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Ottoman where did you race it? if your rear diff feels gritty it might be that you were lifting a rear tire in tight corners and that will cause it to get gritty quicker. Im glad that the car worked well for you. Be sure to stop by and see me this weekend.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

cornerspeed- I was wodnering if you wre going racing tom at SoCal

Reguarding other things i just tried the 20 tooth pulley and like it way more than teh 17 tooth pulley.

I WANT MY ONE-WAY
Old 12-14-2001, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At my local track I have found the 20t to be better. With the same overall ratio the 17T just revved out way to early. Maybe I have to keep gearing up though? 20T seems to be right on par with other cars though
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-raceday4.jpg  
Old 12-14-2001, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ty-The Ti turnbuckle/hinge pin kit is L1000 and sells for $29.99. We source all of our Ti from Lundsford so it is the best.

The Gear adaptor is U2252. You can use any brand of 48, BK or 64 pitch gears on it.

On the final drive issue. Seems like the factory drivers in England prefer the 17T pulley. We have a lot of testing to do regarding this. I think the 17 will be best on most tight tracks and the 20 will be better on very high speed flowing tracks. The best way to be certain which is better is to go to your track with a known good set up and test the internal ratios back to back with no other changes to the car. I'll be doing this a week from this Sunday.
Old 12-14-2001, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ty
Trips,
Let me know how the Mission compares to the Losi after you race it this weekend. I will definitely try this Mission if my Losi is not to my liking after I receive the complete graphite kit and some test some new setups. Did you use the Orion motor tester to check amp draw to figure that the Schumacher was more effecient? What were the numbers like? Thanks.
Ty,

Using the same ratios (final rollout ratios, not just the same spur/pinion) the Mission pulled between 3.5 and 3.9 amps on the Orion motor checker at 4 volts, while the XXX-S was pulling around 5.1-5.5 amps at the same voltage. I was using a stock armature in a mod can at 0 degrees timing to run the drivetrains.

Trips
Old 12-14-2001, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kevin.... We race in Sheboygan at Hobby Town on Thursday nights. The diff felt rough when I got it and it still feels rough, the front one has smoothed out nicely. I havent had time to try your setup yet but maybe if we get to trackside early enough I can. I will make sure to stop and talk with you on Sunday. I won the stock A main last time I was there with my Losi but I know I can go faster with the mission. I also cant wait to get my oneway for the car since it really suites my driving style. Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.