Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 11-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Pdub Bumper

Ok thanks for the advice i will put it on and try it out.

Arjen
Old 11-08-2004, 07:57 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just posted my setup from the carpet regionals for foam mod on my site, www.mo-net.ws and on www.gearchart.com . The car was really good. The weekend didn't start out very well but I kept working at it and got it together for the last round and put it in the main at the 9 spot. I got up to 4th pretty quick in the main and made a few bobbles and ended up 6th.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
All the MI2's in mod made the big show. Dujuan, Mo, and Witman. Almost every new Losi made the show and there were a few Tamiya's in there. Fred M. actually came out for this race too. It was killer. there's another mid west carpet champs coming up in January so maybe you can make it then. I had the car rocking in the 19 turn main but the rough driving spun me out quite a few times in the main and I had to settle for a 8th place finish. The car is so easy to drive and little changes really make a difference.
How was the turnout for this race? I wish I could have made it, but just bad timing, it should be easy to get time off in January as well, so I'll plan on that. I'll plan on the carpet champs, hopefully Jon and Donny will be able to make that one as well.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
mo
Tech Master

The turnout was really good. There was 18 total heats with 21 in mod TC. Everyone in the mod main had a chassis sponsor except for Dujuan and Dominic Favorito. Dujuan is running and Mi2 and Dominic was running a TC3 but will be running for Tamiya the next time out.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Good job Mo. I know I still owe you lunch. Hopefully I can come down for some club action and get things worked out.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

hey guys! a new mi2 convert here! just switched over from the cgm to the mi2 last week. and ran it once box stock over the weekend. very hapi with it and looking forward to getting it really dialied in. i have a question, what exactly do you gain by using the lowered shock towers? i run rubber at an outdoor asphalt track and was wondering if this would be a good option to try out. thanks guys!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Welcome. Honestly, I've never run the stock towers. I've been running the low towers from the start and that's what I've seen on most of the setup sheets. I would think that it would provide a lower roll center. But like I said, I haven't done any side by side. But the setups that seem to be working everywhere, outdoor asphault included are with the low towers. A good place to start is PW's nats setup and tune from there for your driving style and track layout. Give the low towers a try and see how they effect it. I'd be curious to see what you find. PW or anyone of the other guys on here may have a better idea of the diff. between the two.

One thing I've noticed is that the car is really responsive to rear roll center changes by adjusting the hight of the rear arms as well as using different amounts of anti-squat. I'm going to try the allow rear hubs to see how I like them as soon as I get a chance to get back on a track. damn rain Between that and being sick I haven't been on the track in a couple weeks. I'm having withdrawls!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Im itchin for a SoCal trip, just dont know if it's gonna happen tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You got the car ready?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:56 AM
dw
Tech Adept

Default Front UJ's

Recently got a mi2.

First run out - 2 laps and the drive shaft snapped. There was a big air bubble inside it.

Replaced the dog bones with steel ones and have noticed that the wheels vibrate really badly once the steering lock gets above about 50%.

This is much worse than your usual UJ chatter.

Any suggestions?

Should I have replaced the axles as well as the dog bones?

If so what's the part number?

Thanks

DW
Old 11-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Front UJ's

DW,
Not sure if you are running a spool (locked front diff) but if you are, a set TIR drive shafts would be a great investment. These drive shafts will reduce the chatter. One thing that all the Schumacher drivers do is glue a 1mm or 1.5mm spacer on the inside of the front hub carrier to further reduce chatter when the steering is at full throw. There will always be some chatter under no load and you don't want to have excessive dual rate because it will make the car very loose.

Originally posted by dw
Recently got a mi2.

First run out - 2 laps and the drive shaft snapped. There was a big air bubble inside it.

Replaced the dog bones with steel ones and have noticed that the wheels vibrate really badly once the steering lock gets above about 50%.

This is much worse than your usual UJ chatter.

Any suggestions?

Should I have replaced the axles as well as the dog bones?

If so what's the part number?

Thanks

DW
Old 11-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

jekrr: thanks for the inputs. im still contemplating if i should get them or not. who knows, i probably will. hehehe .... when i do, i'll try to give a side by side comparison. thanks for the tips regarding roll center. i've always liked playing around with this in whatever ride im running. with the set-up now, which is 90% stock setting, i find the rear end too planted thus affecting corner speed. i'll be trying out some stuff this weekend in the hope to neutralize this. let you guys know how things turn out. thanks again!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Shock Towers

The only differences between std and "low" is the shock mounting holes. The link holes are exactly the same. The low towers have, you've guessed it, lower mounting points!! This is best suited to either very small tyres, or shorter shocks.

So, if you're running std shocks on Tarmac/Ashphelt i wouldn't bother changing the towers from the kit ones
Old 11-09-2004, 02:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by jkerr0043
You got the car ready?
Got that leaky Tamiya shock, and I just need to get a set of turnbuckles and it's ready.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post ROBORAT !!

I run the stock towers and they do work very well outside... but with the lower towers you can run the body lower with out it hitting the tops of the tower in front .. just remember with the lower towers hole positions you should be able to feel more balanced and aggressive in the turns and should rotate faster .... my 2 cents..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.