Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Guys, I ran the Mission this weekend took 5th in the stock A should have been 2nd or 3rd but that's another story. Not bad for the area where I race, lots of fast locals on the carpet.

Did have one problem with the car, two of the screws in the bottom of the diff housing broke off. I would normally chalk that up to bad driving but this happened on the first lap of practice before I even came close to a board. Do you guys have any idea what could have happened???
Old 12-10-2001, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Teacher-Was it in the front or rear diff housing? In normal running those screws aren't stressed at all.

This is a long shot but did you eat some spinich before assembling you car? It's possible you didn't know your own strenght! lol!

This is off topic but I was wondering if Alex (Dudebro2001), or Corey have ever seen a Popeye, Woody Woodpecker or Heckle and Jeckle cartoon? Because of my 7 month old daughter I find myself waking up early on weekends. She dosen't watch TV yet but I do and the cartoon on Saturday mornings are CRAP! Even god ole' Bugs is hard to find!
Old 12-10-2001, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Great run yesturday with my Mission. Toys-for-tots race at Hobbytown San Diego. Barry Baker was there. Qualified 2nd behind him by 2 seconds. Big, very technical track with average lap times of 21 to 23 seconds. End up finishing 3rd in main. Main was run in the dark because thier race program lags. Was hard to see our cars and track in certain areas. Barry ran a 7 turn and I ran a 10 turn. Not that far off his speed. Also car was very durable. 2 instances of hitting a parked gas car on the end of the straight full speed with my 8 turn with only body damage during morning practice. Great run by Barry. He was hooked up with his all white car.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Adrian- Is there going to be a shipment of spares and one-way diff this week. I need a front belt desperatly.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I kinda miss Transformers, GI Joe and Go-bots myself Adrian lol
Old 12-10-2001, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
This is off topic but I was wondering if Alex (Dudebro2001), or Corey have ever seen a Popeye, Woody Woodpecker or Heckle and Jeckle cartoon? Because of my 7 month old daughter I find myself waking up early on weekends. She dosen't watch TV yet but I do and the cartoon on Saturday mornings are CRAP! Even god ole' Bugs is hard to find!
Adrian, I know what you mean. I grew up on the cartoons of the sixties, all I can say is kids nowadays are really missing out.

Back on topic... I was breaking in the Mission drive train today on an Orion Motor Checker... WOW... I wouldn't be surprised if the Mission is the most efficient belt drive touring car ever.

Trips
Old 12-10-2001, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

AdrianM, Yes it was in the front and I think it may have been that I just over tightened them. I don't remember hitting anything but then again I never remember hitting anything.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone play with wheel base yet? Was wondering under what circumstances you would run long or short wheel base?

Races were rained out this weekend...had the car setup and ready to go, too...AARGHH I hate waiting...brand new car, everyone talking about how awesome it is, and havent had a chance to run it yet....

Indoor carpet track opens in a couple of weeks, with the Grand Opening on Jan 1. Will be a new experience running indoor on carpet.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yea Adrian, Popeye is deffenetly the MAN!! But I was never one for CARTOONS! LOL More a shesamee street kinda person! lol
Old 12-10-2001, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Adrian stick to the Cartoon Network it has all the old ones and some of the better new cartoons like Dexters lab, Johnny Bravo and Ed Edd and Eddy just to name a few if you are looking for some saturday morning or just anytime fun.

MarkG....I have my car set up in the long position only because when I went to the inboard toe option it made the wheel base really short so I just made it long after I changed to the inboard toe. Changing the wheel base will change the weight dist. in the car.......if its short(arms forward) you have more weight in the back of the car more rear traction. The opposite happens when you change it to the long position as well. Im sure it also effects the turning raidus of the car but I would think that this happens only at low speed.

Also MarkG if you need a good starting set up for carpet on rubber tires I could give you the one that me and Brain Jucha have been working on and works very well or if anyone else is interrested I could post it for you too.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Cornerspeed!,

I'm from jacksonville, fl. i'm moving to san diego in the next few months. was wondering how the racing scene is there.....

maybe you can send me some links to some clubs or tracks out there...

let me know

[email protected]

Old 12-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Kevin K-just curious what you've been running on carpet/rubber tires that you mentioned below. My mission was a rocket at Tri Cities last weekend but our local track has less bite. We are running on ozite that is completely glued down and offers less traction than others in our region.

James Paulson
Old 12-10-2001, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Just finished building my mission, but the first thing I did when I opened the kit an had a look inside was that I went to buy some deacent screws. I recommend the same for you all. It takes over 40 10mm M3 and 12 8mm M3 countersunkt screws. I also recommend a really good driver for those like the Hudy one.
Oh yes, I'd be also interested in carpet set-ups as well.
BR / JesseT

[email protected]
Old 12-10-2001, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kevin... I hope to have my mission done for Sunday at trackside and I would like to know what setup you run there. I will run it in stock at first but I think you are running mod, right? Anyone ever decide if the 17 or 20 tooth is better in stock?
Old 12-11-2001, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Duke 1- Our racing scene is ok. Thier is parking lot racing almost every weekend at 2 different places. Hobbytown in San Marcos and Hobby Central(hobby101.com) in Poway.
Other than that Its SoCal in Hunington Beach(about an 1hr30min drive). socalraceway.com I believe. In door on and off road racing. Usually factory drivers there.
There are several other tracks in LA region and new ones coming up. Also a in door carpet track opening soon in Tamecula.

When you gonna be here? What do you race? What kind of car?

You should San Diego. Killer weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.