Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 11-29-2001, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Alex, I got a chance to watch one of your qualifiers at Cleveland and I must say your car looked great!!! Do you think you could post your setup from Cleveland??? I get my mission on Friday, and I'll be racing it on high grip ozite carpet.........

I live in VA so I'm almost a northern hack
Old 11-29-2001, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default Snowbirds..

I know it's a ways off, but can you Florida boys give me an idea of tires and other goodies I might start needing to put together for the Snowbird race in Feb? I plan on racing my Mission in Stock and possibly 19 turn rubber...so I'll need setups for carpet and tire/insert suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions...I'm looking forward to meeting and racing with you guys in Feb...
Old 11-29-2001, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

All of the racing here in Central Texas has been on asphalt, but we have an indoor carpet track opening soon...hopefully will get a chance to practice on carpet before making the trek to Florida...
Old 11-29-2001, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

I got mine so fast because I red ordered next day. The upper arms are a little different. Material and redefined shaped. Looks mo better, different part # also. Build is going well. I am so excited. Can't wait till Saturday night at SoCal.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good luck cornerspeed at socal on sat. ... show those boys what the schumacher can do! I was the other guy running a schumacher too... but not in your class.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:40 PM
Tech Rookie

I am getting my mission car on Friday and i am going to be wrenching all night long and then go race it on Saturday at SoCal. I will see you there at SoCal Donny. I am planning on running expert Mod.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me where I can order a mission on line (USA) are they shipping yet? I tried the Schumacher page but it didnt help much. I never ran a Schuie before but the mission looks sweet!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by ottoman
Can anyone tell me where I can order a mission on line (USA) are they shipping yet? I tried the Schumacher page but it didnt help much. I never ran a Schuie before but the mission looks sweet!
You could just call Schumacher USA and order it over the phone. Is there a reason why you must order online?

Trips
Old 11-30-2001, 04:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ottoman, I get mine today..... weeeeeee. And I know les had 4 or more cars on thier way..... to mdiracing.com
Old 11-30-2001, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
I have the new kit but no time to build yet. I just have taken a look at the manual. I was wondering if the center steering link is an adjustable link??? That would be nice. It's not clear in the manual.

Also there is no explanation of when to use which pulley. Big one on big cicuits???

Thanks
Old 11-30-2001, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

O yeh, the kit came with black belts. They say the grey ones are for stock racing only. We have a 12T limit so thats not really modified. Would it be possible to use the stock belt with 12T???

Greeting
Old 11-30-2001, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Speedracer16- Right on man. Glad to have you as a teammate.
A suggestion for the build. Get a 3mm tap to thread the holes in the plastic. It will save time and blisters if you use the stainless steel screws. I took mine back apart last night and tapped all the threads after 50% of the car completed. Car goes together well. Its gonna rock. Will see you Saturday. I will save you a spot if you like.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Sander, What rear pully to use depends on what overall ratio you are looking for. In the UK with an Axis 2 it was not unusual for us to run 31 tooth pinion. We would now use the 20tooth rear pully and then use 3 teeth smaller (28) to attain the same ratio. This obviousely has benefits for rotating mass ect. Also with a bigger pully the transmission should be more efficient as there isn't such a harsh bend in the belt. If you generally use a much smaller pinion then would be worth consddering the smaller pully.

Belts, I wouldn't recomend running the grey rear even with 12 turn. The grey front is fine though and it can still be run as loose as you want.

The steering link can be adjusted, it is essintially 2 ball cups with a theraded bar in the middle. If you want to lengthen it then you can un-screw it a little.
Old 11-30-2001, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey, sorry I havent been around much but there was vacation and this new Mission to build. Got mine yesterday and I'm racing it tomorrow. Kit builds REAL nice. Finished car looks really...finished. Instructions have been improved too. I'm just waiting for the batteries to finish charging and then its test run time! Look out Stockton...
Old 11-30-2001, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I notice you guys dont seem to use the standard Take Off Insert but use Echo inserts. They are very light are they not? What would you recommend for TO 27 and 32 on med-high grip smooth asphalt in both cool and hot conditions? Also with Sorex 32 and 36s do you use HPI blue like I do?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.