Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
Don't let Dujuan hear you say that. Those guys are touchy on the pro 4 thread. Bottom line is who finishes a race and you ends up turn marshalling the race that their suppose to be in See you in two weeks since you're not racing with the big boys this weekend.
Bigboys? Yeah, that Matt Francis guy is no one, this race should be a piece of cake for me
Old 03-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: lazyboy

Originally posted by the shoe
You sure are lazy! Just go back a few pages on this thread and read, all the pro's and con's are listed.
yea you hit the nail right on the head or sumtin like that, i guess it time to start up that reading thing now.

lazy oops
Old 03-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

is a spool cool in onroad if the track is slick or would it be better to just run a little tighter front diff?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

"Spool is Cool"
Old 03-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

when adding anti squat do i add it all the way around or just on the back or front?
Old 04-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
k, cant wait to compare set-ups.

Ok, easy question.

Do you run a spool? Yes or no?
everyone quote this, then put your answer

I have access to a CNC mill/lathe at my school , and was going to make some pieces for my TC3, but since I am not running that anymore...., I decided that the one thing that I cannot find in the US, or maybe anywhere, is an actual spool for the Mi2, I am not going to go the lock-up-the-diff-way, so I have drawn up two main designs that I am going to show to my CAD/engineer teacher and get something going here. I want your answers to see if I should make a lot, or just a few, for a few select people.(as in buying the material in bulk or not)
You can put me down for one
Old 04-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcshark
when adding anti squat do i add it all the way around or just on the back or front?
You add spacers to the back of the car but not the very back....if that makes any sense. Place your car without the body down on a table and look at it from the top....the roll center blocks located right in front of the droop screws are wherethe spacers should go. I have played with 1mm 2mm and zero anti squat in the rear. I like zero to 1mm the best. If my description doesn't work for you Adrian or PW are always on this site lending helpful tips. Good luck and let us know if this worked for you.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

I always describe it as raising the front edge of the Rear Wishbones at a static ride height. Hence putting spacers under the front pair of rear arm mounts.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

thanks i understand what i need to know know. im going to try 1mm to the rear and see if it will help along with moving my caster on the front from 12.5 to 10.0 I still have a stock axis next couple of weeks im going to get the mi2. had alot to over come lately im staying consistant with my axis2 but i realy need the rolling resistance of the mi2.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We are not big fans of one piece solid spools. If you hit something with a solid spool you will break something.

If you make a spool out of a diff when you hit something the diff outputs can slip and dissipate the energy of the hit rather than breaking your car.

A lot of the local TC3 and Xray racers have started doing this so they can finish races more often.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

lol, no offence to anyone, but I ran a spool with my xray since day one, back when, and never broke anything due to the spool. TC3 I only broke an A-Arm, but that was because a piece of re-bar was sticking out of the ground
Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DOTMAN
You can put me down for one
I have the CAD about half-way done, now I am waiting for materials, and a special program to convert CAD files to the file type we need, mid-april, early may, before we get that program.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

pdub is your chassis available and if so can i see some pics can you post them what other stuff are you making is it going to be available in the uk do you have a distributor or do we have to buy direct from you thanks mate
Old 04-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello Harley....The chassis is very close to final production. The final tests are being done with team drivers now. All product will be available through the website once everything is up and running.

For a sneak peek click here www.pdubracing.com then click on the logo
Old 04-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Pdub chassis is awsome!! Its super stiff and everything lines up perfect. Great balance as well. A must have for high traction tracks!!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.