R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-19-2003, 07:02 PM   #4291
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

A couple of updates to Vera's setup:

I like 5wt heavier oil in the rear.....So 45wt front and 50wt rear if its extremely high-bite and high temps. 40wt front and 45wt rear for medium to low-bite and normal temps.

I would also like to congradulate Pat McCarson on his new position with Team Orion!!!!! http://www.team-orion.ch/news.asp?id=278
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #4292
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Good luck to all the Schumacher drivers going to the Reedy !
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #4293
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This will be my last post before leaving for the Reedy. To those who are going, see you soon, to everyone else, wish us luck. Back next Monday!
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:21 PM   #4294
PW
Tech Elite

Thanks spooky.....off to the races!!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #4295
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

Good Luck yall.
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:04 PM   #4296
Tech Master

Talking hey all

well I finally saved up enough $$ and I got a mission ....I have been driving an Axis2 but decided to (actually got lucky and found great deal) upgrade to a mission.......so my question to all you is

what mods can I perform that are going to help me the most.....I know,Iknow just read...and believe I have but there is ALOT to take in..so if someone can maybe just give me a couple good mods that would be awesome

I know a warpspeed chassis seems fairly common but I not quite ready for that....right now I will be racing it on ashpalt and it is a fairly twisty track but not too bad.....

the car has the carbon fibre chassis and the bearing shields have been removed.....this is pretty much all the mods that I know that have been done to the car

any help would be great thanks
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:39 PM   #4297
Tech Regular

Racerb,

Congrats. The main 'go faster' options are the: one-way diff, RW pulleys, grey belts for stock and grey front only for mod, and after that there is suspension tuning like: threaded shocks, the roll centre mod and running fusion bulkheads. Once you're getting really serious the alloy layshaft mounts and diff housings are said to run a bit smother. Other popular options are the Ti turnbuckles and hinge pins. I think most of the other mods are cosmetic, and although the warpseed chassis is supposed to be good, I've found that some time experimenting with the position of wieght on the chassis will get a pretty good result for tweek, unless you're running really heavy batteries, like 3300's. Good luck!
BagofSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:53 PM   #4298
Tech Master

Default that sounds good

I forgot to mention that it does have the ti turnbuckles and hinge pins as well as the titanium metric screws as well
Old 05-26-2003, 09:50 PM   #4299
Tech Regular

Congrats to Andrew on his 2nd place finish at the Reedy. I had a great time and want to be able to thank PW, Adrain, Andrew, Don, Dave, Jeff W and Dominic for their help. Unfortunatly, a great time is all I had, I missed out on a good qualifier or a good finish. I just wasn't on top of my game as a race of this magnitute requires. Oh well, there's always the next big race. Thanks guys!

RacerB: BagOSkill covered most everything. I would start with the roll center mod and a one way (if they work where you race). Threaded shocks just make tuning much easier and I can't live without them...if the A2 had them, use them on the Mission...If you have any more questions or need any more help, this is the place to ask...good luck!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:50 PM   #4300
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Can you guys give me an update on how Jeff Whitman did at the Reedy. I saw his main finish was DNS. I use to know that car of his real well...just wanted to hear how the Mission worked for him.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #4301
Tech Master

hey guys

could you guy's tell me of some decent places to look for some of the hop-ups/parts you guy's have told me about here
Old 05-28-2003, 02:07 PM   #4302
Tech Regular

RacerB: The best place is to go to Schumachers web site (www.racing-cars.com), or even better, just call them and talk to them direct (you can order direct, too).

Jeff: Jeff W and Dominic F both had problems getting clean runs. Doms car looked good, but ran slow or in traffic. Jeffs car was fast, but looked like a handful. Either way, Jeff W had problems with his truck and had to leave early in order to try and repair it. I haven't heard from either one since the race, so they may still be out on the side of the road somewhere...
Old 05-28-2003, 02:24 PM   #4303
PW
Tech Elite

Hello guys.....Well were back from the Reedy Race and once again, I must say that it is one of the best races of the year

We had a smaller team (Adrain, Andrew, Don V, Dave V, Jeff W, Dominic and Jeff Maurer) this year and everyone worked well together. Dave Vera's hard work payed off and gave us a great starting setup. Most of us started with his setup and made very small changes to fit our own driving style.

Jeff Wittman and Dominic Favorito did a great job, but never seemed to get comfortable with their cars. Their setups were a little different than Vera's so I'm not sure how their cars were to drive. The race was running a little long and they had a long drive ahead of them, so they headed out early and missed their main

Congrats to Andrew Cartwright for his well deserved TQ and 2nd place finish in the open Modified class!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 AM   #4304
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Congrats to all you guys for representing Schumacher!!!! I have actually put my car on the shelf for a little while to do a little offroading.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:28 AM   #4305
Tech Master

body??

Is there a body shell that you guys have run on the mission that really seems to work well??? I have a brand new chyrsler 300m shell that is brand new and un painted...chances are I would be able to take it back and switch to something else...but......nobody else at my track owns one and every body runs the stratus2.0 or stratus.....anyways that will do it for now