Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by King-G
Fireblade, yes the front has adjustable wheelbase, this is why the plastic spacer is there, you will also note on the setup sheets about the front arm spacing forward or rear.

Also the Roll center Mod doesnt change the Kickup of the front arm, it simply raises the front Roll Centre 2mm to bring it to the same Height as the rear.
It doesnt necessarily improve steering response, it in fact removes some initial responsivness, and improves the cars steering in the middle to exit part of the turn, it improves the linearity of the cars steering throughout the corner.

The rear roll centre can be altered by using shims or washers under the pivot blocks, or by making some Carbon braces (spacers) in varying thicknesses.
I heard that it improves corner speed and yes, steering to exit part of turn. But I hear u have to cut a hinge block and put a fireblade's hinge mod in. Is this true?

Impact. I can tell your getting ready for the winter season.LOL
Are you gonna be runnin em on asphalt?
Old 09-29-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good lookin paint Job Adian.

Great advice you guys and thanks!
Old 09-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No Fireblade... carpet!!!! well excellent, easier to handle than foams.... at least at this track, and they will last forever!!! I had a set that was severely punished before running them on carpet for practice and they lasted for many battery packs.....
Old 09-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

No way???? are you serious? For carpet???? thats the last place ide expect them to work. I got to try that this year. see how it goes
Old 09-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, when take-off 22's(pre-mounts) slip (even with tirewarmers) the kit tires hook-up with Tamiya hard(blue) inserts......

Anyone wanna sell a set of kit tires??? BTW: what is te part# of the kit pieces????
Old 09-29-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys I put my RW diff pulleys on my car and they are awsome....these are a must have for every mission out there. The drivetrain is way more free with these and they go together nicely.

Last edited by Kevin K; 09-30-2002 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

did u put paragon or use the tire warmers on em?
Old 09-30-2002, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Adrian,
How can I view the MDI paint masks on the Schumacher website? Also are the RW pullies in stock?
Old 09-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RW Pulleys are in stock.

MDI mask kits are very new and arent on the site yet. We are just starting to get the word out on them.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Fireblade- nothing as of yet, I just wash them off with soap and water before I leave for the track.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Dragon- Your car is interesting that you have the spur gear on the other side of layshaft and motor is shifted to the left. Could you explain more and maybe get a pic without the topdeck on?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Yes I am interested in the chassis as well since you get the better weight distribution of the warpspeed chassis without sacrificing that sexy narrow design from the origional...LOL

Still something doesn't look quite right, the spur seems to be on the wrong side of the motorplate??
Old 09-30-2002, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default wrench

We're working on better pictures...

The top deck is standard with a new slot for the spur gear... and yes everything has been shifted to the 'right' side. I machined a spur gear adapter that is doubles as a pulley flange... there is little room to do otherwise but the results are great.

The motor is offset by 9mm using aluminum spacers on the stock motor mount and the setup is very rigid. I did not want to move the motor mount from it current position I like how Schumacher tried to keep it near the centerline, it is offset only enough to clear the transfer belt.

The bottom chassis is 2.5mm thick with no slots for the batteries- and there never will be any.
We are sacrificing a bit with a slightly higher cg but we do have the weight closer to the centerline of the car. The battery is closer in as is the servo. It is a nice tight 'sexy' package.

We'll try to get some comparative pics posted later this week.

Thanks for visiting our site.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

The car handles a lot better huh? It should roll better center weighted.

IMPACT-The stock inserts that come with the kit are blue but are they the tamya ones?

Last edited by fireblade; 09-30-2002 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

interesting work Dragonmx...using alloy spacers to move the motor farther left, does it still hold in place adequately without the surface contact with the mount?..

did you have to machine the spur gear adaptor, was there no other way it would go together with the kit peices?..

look forward to seeing some more pics..

what have you changed with you chassis apart from the thickness and cutouts?..are there any changes to geometry?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.