Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 08-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the front 1-way , but I don't know if I should put it in in such short of a time. If I have to learn to drive the car over again. Do I drive like I do normally but don't use any brake?
Old 08-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

NEVER USE BRAKE, your car will automatically to a 180. you have to use the throttle more. Instead of coming into a corner, letting off, go around the corner and slam in the gas you have to come in the corner with some throttle through the whole corner but you make up hella speed in the corners. What happends is if you noticed when you come into a long corner you use full gas and the car seems slow, the diff slows you down. The one-way make it to were you get all your fll throttle in the corners so the car dosn't bog down in the corners.
If its just a regular race, yea do it install it. It only took me about 2 races to get used to.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pit-racer
I have the front 1-way , but I don't know if I should put it in in such short of a time. If I have to learn to drive the car over again. Do I drive like I do normally but don't use any brake?
Pit if I remember your driving style you'll have no problems with the oneway. Besides you have a 2 wheel drive car so you should be okay.

Last edited by minicooper; 08-20-2002 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

O.K. I'll try it out this weekend. full throttle,little throttle thru turns,then full throttle again.Everything else seems to work o.k.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Its kinda weird at first. Just kinda let the car roll through the corners And you will have more speed
Old 08-21-2002, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

James: You're already running a stiffer setup that most. Just put that setup in the car and see how it is...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fireblade: you seem to be using the an awful lot. Is there some pent up anger there that your not telling us all about... j/k!

I do agree with the others though. The TC3 still has life in it. Its one of the biggest, BIGGEST misconception in RC racing, that just because a car is more than a year old, its too outdated to win. Not true, not true, not true...

Theres a guy at one of our local tracks that still runs a OFNA OB4-pro TC. He never finishes below third in stock sedan. Hes that good with it.....and how old is that car! There are still people that do very well with HPI's Pro2 sedan....how old is that car!

Besides, if your in sportsman, and whooping up on people, it might be time to step up to the next level (pro stock, regular stock, non-sportsman, or whatever they call it at your track, you know what I mean...) Remember, you can't get better beating up on people you know your better than.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

It just use that for my screen name Fireblade U see? iam not mad at no one. I love everybody lol!. Yea ur right about the TC3, but is associated gonna ever update that thing?? Its still a good car though.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's Associated's MO.... release a great car, update it, update it, update it, and then update it agian.... then once it seems like they have road on the cars origional sucess for far too long... update it 3-20 more times. THEN release sonething new....... HMMMM I seem to remember a worlds update kit for most of their previous cars, wonder why they haven't released one for the TC3.... OHHHH maybe it's because even the Fabulious one can't even keep the car in one piece!!!! But seriously I believe the Tc3 is dated and will never last as long as the B3, or even the origional "gold bathtub" RC10..........
Old 08-21-2002, 03:59 PM
Regional Moderator

fireblade: oh, now I get it...I thought there be some anger management issues in there!

Impactplayr: heck, as long as their winning with it, they really don't have any reason to update it or replace it. Other than just for the sake of doing it!

But, then again, thats reason enough for most. hehehe

I don't think it will last as long as their off road cars either. In offroad, they only have one company to compete with. In the TC class theres at least 2 dozen different companies always pushing the envelope of whats new and hip. So the life span of the average TC will naturally be shorter than in offroad.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Iam not really in offroad but whats the companys the compete in offroad instead of losi and associated?
Old 08-22-2002, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

HELLO!!!!!!!!!! Schumacher has a very competent off-road car, It's actually lighter than both tha FT B3 and XXX KE. Just not many people race them in the states because of the parts support issue at most off-road tracks. Anyhow, don't you believe if Schuamcher would front a 20-30 man pro team at any of the Nationals or Worlds they would have at least a drivers in the A-main on whichever class they ran???
Old 08-22-2002, 06:51 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey guys, keep up the good work! This has to be one of the most informative R/C car threads going on any website

FYI: The TC3 has been updated a lot more than you may think. From the original kit they have done 2 chassis upgrades, 2 a-arm upgrades (droop added & now hole additions), caster & kickup additions, shocktower upgrades, spring additions etc etc.....These changes were just running changes that they didn't advertise. The team drivers also have the tranny cases and bevel-gears machined to free up the drive-tran as well as chassis mods machined.....So as you can see, every car evolves race after race and is passed along to you the racers.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

And STILL no WORLD"S CHAMPION KIT!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
...Anyhow, don't you believe if Schuamcher would front a 20-30 man pro team at any of the Nationals or Worlds they would have at least a drivers in the A-main on whichever class they ran???
Actually, Schumacher has already proven that they can put a person high in the A-mains with a couple of 2nd places in 4wd offroad. Their 2wd efforts haven't been as rewarding, but if they tried hard, I'm sure Schumacher, Yokomo and Kyosho could compete and win in offroad. Remember that 4wd offroad used to be all Kyosho, Schumacher and Yokomo. But none of them seem to care enough about offroad now to finance large teams.

Besides that, what would be the point of showing well in major offroad events, when it will just lead to Associated or Losi scooping up any drivers that Schumacher has. Because, as we all know, they don't have enough sponsored drivers already!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.