Schumacher Corner

Reply

Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
  #25156  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
wstuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Default

wow - this is why i love rctech - thanks so much guys
wstuart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:35 AM
  #25157  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,527
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

adam,,

so did the eagle land yet or what??
skypilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:35 PM
  #25158  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hope he's not nervous about the honeymoon
Big Features is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
  #25159  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
more caster =more stability at high speeds
less caster=increases steering,car turns tighter and faster
From the Master, Todd Hodge:

"...Less caster will give the car a more responsive feel and less steering into the turn, however, it will yield more corner exit steering. More caster will give the car more steering into the turn and make the car easier to drive..."
-http://losi.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1562
yyhayyim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:27 PM
  #25160  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
From the Master, Todd Hodge:

"...Less caster will give the car a more responsive feel and less steering into the turn, however, it will yield more corner exit steering. More caster will give the car more steering into the turn and make the car easier to drive..."
-http://losi.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1562
Todd is incorrect with regards to 4wd touring cars. Under certain conditions he would be correct for 2wd off road cars. The dynamics of 2wd cars vs. 4wd sedans are different.

On a 4wd sedan less caster gives more corner entry steering and less corner exit steering.

More caster gives less corner entry steering and more corner exit steering.

With the Mi Series sedans 4* works best 99% of the time for rubber tire racing on asphalt and carpet.

With foam tires on carpet 6* is the norm. The sedans have so much turn in on foams that the increase in caster has no negative effect on corner entry but certainly increases mid corner and exit steering and corner speed.
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:51 AM
  #25161  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What about foams on bitumein ?
Barger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 AM
  #25162  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Thumbs up

Setup for a very bumpy tarmac track using rubbers..

Here is a Set-up that I have finished after testing out 6cell mod,
The set-up also works with 5cell modified.
I would use the stiff top deck for this setup.

http://www.uploading.com/files/H9UI1...setup.pdf.html

Scroll to bottom of the page and wait 10secs then click download.
Kirby Masterman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:10 AM
  #25163  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Todd is incorrect with regards to 4wd touring cars. Under certain conditions he would be correct for 2wd off road cars. The dynamics of 2wd cars vs. 4wd sedans are different.

On a 4wd sedan less caster gives more corner entry steering and less corner exit steering.

More caster gives less corner entry steering and more corner exit steering.

With the Mi Series sedans 4* works best 99% of the time for rubber tire racing on asphalt and carpet.

With foam tires on carpet 6* is the norm. The sedans have so much turn in on foams that the increase in caster has no negative effect on corner entry but certainly increases mid corner and exit steering and corner speed.
I agree with Adrian on this one. Losi cars work 180 degrees different set-up wise then other cars. I cant tell you how many Losi drivers I've talk to that had trouble with thier cars initally because of the new learning curve.
Big Features is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:39 AM
  #25164  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I would also have to agree with Adrian.
POUNDITRACING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
  #25165  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I just won a club race at Adrenalin in Tampa in 13.5 Expert Sedan. I TQ'd by a lap and lapped up to 2nd place...twice in the main

I would have qualified 3rd in 10.5 with my 13.5 TQ run

I will post a setup tomorrow evening. Its PW's Kissimmee setup with a few small changes.
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
  #25166  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (199)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,859
Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I just won a club race at Adrenalin in Tampa in 13.5 Expert Sedan. I TQ'd by a lap and lapped up to 2nd place...twice in the main

I would have qualified 3rd in 10.5 with my 13.5 TQ run

I will post a setup tomorrow evening. Its PW's Kissimmee setup with a few small changes.
your car was dialed today!! good run !!
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:39 PM
  #25167  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default



Do you think is that a good idea to use that on mi3 to secure Lipo against movements?
Do I have to use Battery strap with this?
thanx in advanced
yokemad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
  #25168  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

That's the old battery ladder from the original Mi2. I think it'll raise the battery up too high and you won't be able to fit it under the bulkhead. Just take some lead sheet (there's a guy on here, glassdoctor, who sells different thickness lead sheets) and cut it to fill in the cell slots on the chassis. Position the battery where you need it to be and either shoe goo or super glue the lead bars onto the bottom of the battery. Then just use strapping tape to hold it down. You should be fine.
Jon Kerr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:11 AM
  #25169  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone had troubles pushing the purple diff height adjusting thingys into the bulkhead slots? I've given up on one of mine after trying to pry it into the slot after a diff rebuilt. I'm gonna order a new one and see if that helps.
Jan Larsen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:51 AM
  #25170  
Tech Adept
 
Ian S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 241
Default

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post
Has anyone had troubles pushing the purple diff height adjusting thingys into the bulkhead slots? I've given up on one of mine after trying to pry it into the slot after a diff rebuilt. I'm gonna order a new one and see if that helps.
It will do this if you have one in the high diff position and one in the low position....
Ian S is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service