Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
  #24451  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I'm afraid of what Chris would have a PhD. in... jumping jacks maybe?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
  #24452  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
Sigearhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 1,995
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Can you take the heatsink off the GT speedo. Is that like the LRP where it just has double sided tape holding it on there.? I want to get the heatink off but I don't want to scratch the casing or start prying unless I know for sure.
Sigearhead is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
  #24453  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,952
Default

Anyone know how much Jimmy's DHI setup differed from the Vegas one, apart from 5 cells?

Thanks
Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 06:55 PM
  #24454  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

New top deck??

Maybe Jimmy willl post it on here, or have Chris add it to the website??

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Anyone know how much Jimmy's DHI setup differed from the Vegas one, apart from 5 cells?

Thanks
Skiddins
abailey21 is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 PM
  #24455  
Tech Addict
 
Micro-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 551
Default

HI to all you schuie team mates....just wanted to introduce myself to the team as a new member. I have been out of 1/10 touring for about three years now but have run my Mi2 at different events along the way. I have been running Micros on a national level for that period...Now back in with the Mi3 and starting back by running at the Birds race so I can achieve as much knowledge as I can with all of you guy being together at the same time. I will be running in both 27t and outlaw classes. Would you guy please give me some feed back on some questions about set up for the Snowbirds. Five or Six cell chassis, top deck, standard or lower shock towers, diff or one-way, and anything else you care to add....just a few days to practice and dust off the cobwebs so any advice will be appreciated.....Looking forward to see all of you at the Birds....
Thank you,
Wesley Dennis
A.K.A. "Micro-Man"
Micro-Man is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
  #24456  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,515
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

I seem to be tearing through my plastic servo gears with my MI3...does anyone know of a good servo saver that fits well in the car with a JR servo?

The kit servo saver looks less then high performance...

Thanks,
Art
artwork is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
  #24457  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
HI to all you schuie team mates....just wanted to introduce myself to the team as a new member. I have been out of 1/10 touring for about three years now but have run my Mi2 at different events along the way. I have been running Micros on a national level for that period...Now back in with the Mi3 and starting back by running at the Birds race so I can achieve as much knowledge as I can with all of you guy being together at the same time. I will be running in both 27t and outlaw classes. Would you guy please give me some feed back on some questions about set up for the Snowbirds. Five or Six cell chassis, top deck, standard or lower shock towers, diff or one-way, and anything else you care to add....just a few days to practice and dust off the cobwebs so any advice will be appreciated.....Looking forward to see all of you at the Birds....
Thank you,
Wesley Dennis
A.K.A. "Micro-Man"
Assuming 27 turn is on rubber tires you should be pretty good with everything out of the kit. If you need more traction Mi2 arms will help. More steering use a front 1-way. Jimmy Maddison's IIC setup would be a good starting point. Either of those classes you'll want 6 cells.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
  #24458  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork
I seem to be tearing through my plastic servo gears with my MI3...does anyone know of a good servo saver that fits well in the car with a JR servo?

The kit servo saver looks less then high performance...

Thanks,
Art
Kimbrough makes the best servo savers from what I understand, but might want to upgrade to a metal gear servo when you can.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
  #24459  
CA
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 72
Default

Jimmy's and my own set up will be added to the Schumacher website today.
CA is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 AM
  #24460  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,952
Default

Originally Posted by CA
Jimmy's and my own set up will be added to the Schumacher website today.
Woo hoo, though Schumachers Tech section appears to be down at the moment.
Skiddins is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 05:54 AM
  #24461  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 9,045
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork
I seem to be tearing through my plastic servo gears with my MI3...does anyone know of a good servo saver that fits well in the car with a JR servo?

The kit servo saver looks less then high performance...

Thanks,
Art
Heres what you need. Kimbrough Servo Saver Mid-size w/o holes

I recommend the one without holes because you can then put the hole where ever you want it instead of being stuck with the pre-drilled holes. In the case of the Mi3, you may want to make the hole slightly higher than the highest hole outline the servo has. This will get you a little closer to the original servo arm height.

But like Randy said, you definitely want a aluminum gear servo. Doesn't have to be fancy, just something good. JR makes a $39.99 metal gear servo thats good enough that I use it for the steering in my nitro. So thats a solid option for you.

Hope this helps.
Darkseid is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 AM
  #24462  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
Five or Six cell chassis, top deck, standard or lower shock towers, diff or one-way, and anything else you care to add....just a few days to practice and dust off the cobwebs so any advice will be appreciated.....Looking forward to see all of you at the Birds....
Thank you,
Wesley Dennis
A.K.A. "Micro-Man"
hey man,

I use the 5cell chassis plate because its wider then the 6cell chassis plate

I recommend the top decks for these conditions:
Stiff top deck - high grip tracks or bumpy tracks
Standard top deck - good starting point works well with anywhere
Flexi top deck - Low grip tracks

Lower shock towers are only good for carpet racing and are no good at tarmac.

Replace the Schumacher Shocks with TRF shocks,

Get rid of the schuey springs and dive straight into the HPI springs.

Welcome to the team
Kirby Masterman is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:17 AM
  #24463  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Chris

Saved me the email



And welcome to the team Wes!

Originally Posted by CA
Jimmy's and my own set up will be added to the Schumacher website today.
abailey21 is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:19 AM
  #24464  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

What model JR is that if you don't mind sharing your secrets?

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Heres what you need. Kimbrough Servo Saver Mid-size w/o holes

I recommend the one without holes because you can then put the hole where ever you want it instead of being stuck with the pre-drilled holes. In the case of the Mi3, you may want to make the hole slightly higher than the highest hole outline the servo has. This will get you a little closer to the original servo arm height.

But like Randy said, you definitely want a aluminum gear servo. Doesn't have to be fancy, just something good. JR makes a $39.99 metal gear servo thats good enough that I use it for the steering in my nitro. So thats a solid option for you.

Hope this helps.
abailey21 is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
  #24465  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kirby Masterman
hey man,

I use the 5cell chassis plate because its wider then the 6cell chassis plate

I recommend the top decks for these conditions:
Stiff top deck - high grip tracks or bumpy tracks
Standard top deck - good starting point works well with anywhere
Flexi top deck - Low grip tracks

Lower shock towers are only good for carpet racing and are no good at tarmac.

Replace the Schumacher Shocks with TRF shocks,

Get rid of the schuey springs and dive straight into the HPI springs.

Welcome to the team
Both classes he is running at the snowbirds allow 6 cells, so the 5 cell chassis wouldn't be good.

Just wondering because I've never had a problem with the Mi3 shocks, why would they need to be swapped out for the TRF shocks?

The HPI springs are pretty good on carpet, but because they have so many coils they make the car feel a bit lazy, if your car is twitchy they are definately an easy fix but Tamiya springs feel somewhere right in the middle of the Schumacher springs and HPI springs so I generally start with those.
Randy Caster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.