Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If any of you guys need stuff to race this weekend let me know today no later than 5pm so i can get it to you by the weekend.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have not ever messed with this on my MI3 since I put in the 116 spur gear but will any other spur fit my MI3 other than the ones shown for the car. I need a smaller spur for the weekend but won't have time to get a spur gear ordered and here before I leave Friday to race (My own fault for waiting on this).

If I need to adapt a gear some like countersinking or reaming a little that is fine.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I have not ever messed with this on my MI3 since I put in the 116 spur gear but will any other spur fit my MI3 other than the ones shown for the car. I need a smaller spur for the weekend but won't have time to get a spur gear ordered and here before I leave Friday to race (My own fault for waiting on this).

If I need to adapt a gear some like countersinking or reaming a little that is fine.
try this onehttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN136&P=7
Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
If any of you guys need stuff to race this weekend let me know today no later than 5pm so i can get it to you by the weekend.
Ill be there to pick up my box of goodies
Old 11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Thanks I think I can get one from my shop. I figure if it don't work not a huge deal but I would like to run a smaller spur so my motor is not so far forward.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The only ones listed to work are the 96, 114, 116, 118 in 64 pitch, I'm sure there are some other gears that "with a little help" I.E. countersinking, reaming and otherwise you can make fit, but i haven't been introduced to anyone that has done it yet?

lol I stand corrected, Marcos has!

Originally Posted by wyd

Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

The only ones listed to work are the 96, 114, 116, 118 in 64 pitch, I'm sure there are some other gears that "with a little help" I.E. countersinking, reaming and otherwise you can make fit, but i haven't been introduced to anyone that has done it yet?

lol I stand corrected, Marcos has!
The lack of timing on my part is the problem because this would be avoidable if I just call Monday like I was going to and place an order with guys. All my fault but I guess I can get creative now with fitting in another gear.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default weight balance with Lipo...

Hi Guys - I've been only racing for a short time and the Mi3 for a couple of months. After looking though the old posts it seems you need to add alot of weight to the battery side of the car to balance it with a Lipo.
I run 13.5 BL and the weight diffence with a Lipo is alot (car turns different right or left).

My track does not allow Lipos to race, but I can practice with it and race with the 4200's.

Should I just stick on alot of weights to the Lipo to make it weigh the same as the 4200?

What do the guys do that race with Lipos to balance their cars?(seems that the Losi with it's batts in the center has an advantage with a Lipo)

Thanks for any info!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, personally, I wouldn't want to practice with something I'm not going to be racing with. Even if you do just add weights to the battery to make it weigh the same as a 4200, the power is different, how high that weight is mounted is different, the distribution of the weight may be different, (how far out away from the center of the chassis may be different, etc...) all of which can change the way the car handles. If it were me, I'd run one or the other. And since your track doesn't allow Lipo's yet, I'd stick to the 4200's until they're leagal to race. But if you really want to run the Lipo in practice, yes, you can add weight to the pack. Just try and add it as low and to the inside as you can. And make sure that when you switch from one to the other, that you check your tweak and make sure that the car is putting equal pressure on the tires.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Thanks...

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Well, personally, I wouldn't want to practice with something I'm not going to be racing with. Even if you do just add weights to the battery to make it weigh the same as a 4200, the power is different, how high that weight is mounted is different, the distribution of the weight may be different, (how far out away from the center of the chassis may be different, etc...) all of which can change the way the car handles. If it were me, I'd run one or the other. And since your track doesn't allow Lipo's yet, I'd stick to the 4200's until they're leagal to race. But if you really want to run the Lipo in practice, yes, you can add weight to the pack. Just try and add it as low and to the inside as you can. And make sure that when you switch from one to the other, that you check your tweak and make sure that the car is putting equal pressure on the tires.

Thanks - That is what I've been doing so far. As of right now, I need as much track time as I can get and that would be easier with a Lipo.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I understand. Like I said, just try to make sure the weight isn't just hanging way off the side of the car. Then, even if the pack does weigh the same, the distribution is going to be much farther out away from the center line and it'll actually act like it's heavier than a 4200.

The quality of your track time is far more important that the quantity.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tickle
Hi Guys - I've been only racing for a short time and the Mi3 for a couple of months. After looking though the old posts it seems you need to add alot of weight to the battery side of the car to balance it with a Lipo.
I run 13.5 BL and the weight diffence with a Lipo is alot (car turns different right or left).

My track does not allow Lipos to race, but I can practice with it and race with the 4200's.

Should I just stick on alot of weights to the Lipo to make it weigh the same as the 4200?

What do the guys do that race with Lipos to balance their cars?(seems that the Losi with it's batts in the center has an advantage with a Lipo)

Thanks for any info!
If your talking about the Horsham track. We dont care what you run. Lipo is fine, just show up and run.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

JB, the carpet chassis is 77 grams, i'm sorry it took so long to get the info for you
Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

JB, the carpet chassis is 77 grams, i'm sorry it took so long to get the info for you
In case anyone's interested, the standard chassis is 47g.

No wonder even after the Ti screws and lightweight bulkheads my car is still heavy with the 2.5mm chassis.

Skiddins
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

At least the weight is as low as it can get!

I'd be interested to see the (small) difference in the shock towers too. If I get a chance I may post it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.