R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #22306
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,668
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I want to double check something regarding rear toe...

2mm shim in the front
1mm shim in the rear
stock rear hubs

= how much toe?

2mm shim in the front
.5mm shim in the rear
1deg alum rear hubs

= how much toe?
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #22307
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

We've been running about 5.0-4.5 on out local track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking View Post
has anyone ran the brushless 13.5 yet if so,how did u gear it?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #22308
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
I want to double check something regarding rear toe...

2mm shim in the front
1mm shim in the rear
stock rear hubs

= how much toe?

2mm shim in the front
.5mm shim in the rear
1deg alum rear hubs

= how much toe?
I've never measured the rear toe on the car, but if you want to know just sit the car up on the rear and use a camber guage to measure the toe.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #22309
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

I am looking up all my cheat sheet(setup for 13.5 and CO27 on my Schumacher)......

Novak 13.5 with the stock sintered rotor (not 13mm)....final drive from 4.5-5.0.......I have tried the 4.5 1 time and gave me a thermal right after the race is finished....I do have the purple heatsink on it but no fan...much more fan on the GTB speedo though....

From the same race that NEXUS and I ran....I was running about 4.85....car is PLENTY fast already, just not enough rear toe and my car keep turning sharp on each turn and made it difficult to turn/drive.

For CO27...my final drives are 7.5-8.0.............a lot easier to drive cause it is slower and like Nexus said...car does slow down a lot when the throttle is off................but not on my 13.5. Almost need a phyical drag brake (like gas car) on the Schumacher.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #22310
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,000
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I am looking up all my cheat sheet(setup for 13.5 and CO27 on my Schumacher)......

Novak 13.5 with the stock sintered rotor (not 13mm)....final drive from 4.5-5.0.......I have tried the 4.5 1 time and gave me a thermal right after the race is finished....I do have the purple heatsink on it but no fan...much more fan on the GTB speedo though....

From the same race that NEXUS and I ran....I was running about 4.85....car is PLENTY fast already, just not enough rear toe and my car keep turning sharp on each turn and made it difficult to turn/drive.

For CO27...my final drives are 7.5-8.0.............a lot easier to drive cause it is slower and like Nexus said...car does slow down a lot when the throttle is off................but not on my 13.5. Almost need a phyical drag brake (like gas car) on the Schumacher.....
change your drag brake profiles when using the 13.5. If you're using the regular GTB not the spread spektrum then the drag brakes should be pretty strong.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #22311
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default rubber tyres

hi dudes
what is the difference between different rated rubber tyres???
as far as my knowlage it's temperature...
two weeks ago I've tried sorex 22 tyres on very low grip carpet and they gave me a bit more overall grip but If I use them med-high grip carpet where people usually use 24 or 27R tyres will it be an advantage or disadvantage due to temp. issues I know over heated tyres loose their grip...
all ideas welcome...
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #22312
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

The rating does generally mean temp, every manufacturer seems to use different rating systems, so the easiest way to get around figuring it out is just run what everyone else runs. The lower #'s generally also mean a softer tire, so they will wear faster as well.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #22313
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

speaking of tires Caster, I have sent you some this afternoon
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #22314
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,639
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
speaking of tires Caster, I have sent you some this afternoon
can U have some to! lol
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #22315
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
speaking of tires Caster, I have sent you some this afternoon
Did you guys find enough RP rims and inserts for me to use with them?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:33 PM   #22316
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Ran the car today... 10.5.. wow, she was hooked up OK.. but I do not like the jaco Green tires. Even with Red springs in the front, the car was SUPER LOOSE.. going to try RP30s this Friday.
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #22317
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,881
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StadiumChris View Post
Ran the car today... 10.5.. wow, she was hooked up OK.. but I do not like the jaco Green tires. Even with Red springs in the front, the car was SUPER LOOSE.. going to try RP30s this Friday.
What setup are you running? Remember to sauce only half the front and all of the rear. Are you loose off power or on power?
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix FDJ Sauce
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #22318
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

I am loose coming off power, either entering and/or thru corner. If I keep throttling it, it straightens back out, but I lost time already. I am using the "Kev" setup but with 60wt Front, 40wt Rear. Higher oil kept the car from bouncing around the long sweepers. Red Springs in front with White springs in Rear, stock sway bars.
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #22319
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,639
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StadiumChris View Post
I am loose coming off power, either entering and/or thru corner. If I keep throttling it, it straightens back out, but I lost time already. I am using the "Kev" setup but with 60wt Front, 40wt Rear. Higher oil kept the car from bouncing around the long sweepers. Red Springs in front with White springs in Rear, stock sway bars.
the grees r fine is the 10.5 like a 19t ? anyway dope full rears and 1/4 frt u have to much frt biet it will b the same on rps ..if the car is reacting to fast try 50 50wt oil ......my setup has a push but even on high bite i doped full frt and loose as heck....if anything go down in droop try 4 and 3mm
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #22320
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I had to send you the rev lites Randy, U2005 cause we only had one set of the RP's, we never booked the rims on as a product for some reason, i'm gonnna ask Robin and Shawn as to why we dont carry them?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-04-2006 12:12 AM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 11:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 11:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 07:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 03:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net