Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Paul's setup is on here a few pages back I used over the weekend and I had alot of luck with it.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Raptor....thats Paul's asphalt setup we are taling about a Foam tire carpet setup the setup.....but yes that set up that he has posted a few pages back does work well outside.
Old 06-03-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry about that we dont get to use foam
Old 06-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

No need to be sorry cant fault ya for offering help I just wanted Ottoman to realize that setup was for asphalt outdoors rubber tires was all.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Kevin K, I have tried the outter hole on the arm and the middle on the tower with Losi purple's. Car felt good, but did not carry the speed. Did you still lay them down, but used the outter hole? I have not tried that yet. My car feels "GREAT" right now. Here it is:

FRONT:
#2 Associated w/ 80 weight oil
TC3 white spring
inside hole on arm and inside hole on tower (laying down)
2 degree inboard toe out
8.5 castor
outside hole on hubs
thick sway bar
3mm droop (3 on Losi gauge)
0 toe out at wheel

REAR:
#2 Associated w/ 80 weight oil
TC3 white spring
inside hole on arm and inside hole on tower (laying down)
0 degree inboard toe
2 degrees of toe in at wheel
outter hole on hubs

stock upper mounts
middle wheel base
plaids/purples
Nothing done to roll center or kick up (STOCK)

Car still needs to be a little stiffer. Going to go to #3 pistons for this weekend. I kind of think the car carries more corner speed using the inside hole on the hubs. Going to experiment more with that as well. Overall this is an easy to drive set up for stock or mod (ESPECIALLY STOCK). Still working on getting 100% in mod. It's close.....

Rob Love
Old 06-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SoCal Raceway is now a Schumacher Dealer!!!

The World Famous SoCal Raceway now has Missions and all the spare parts in stock. Sponsored drivers Don Vinkemulder and Jay Williams have been racing and winning there some time. Their great attitudes, helpfulness to racers did a lot to make this happen. Thanks guys!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RBLove-Whats the verdict on the raised fron on foams? PW and I were talking about it today. We won't have an opportunity to test on foams until just before Cleveland.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Rob.....the last couple of qualifiers at Clevland I ran the shocks laid down and on the outside hole on the arm. Thats when it felt the best to me. I also ran white TC3 springs there so it might be something to try. Let me know how it all plays out.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kevin
Scotty is racing carpet every other Sat this summer, should be racing the 8th and he told me practice on Sundays from 11am till 4pm.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default changing the diffs

Hey guys, a little off topic but is there any fast way to take out the diffs in the car? I rebuilt my rear diff and it took so long it's not even funny...seems like you have to take the whole damn rear-end of the car apart!!!! Any help is appreciated...
Old 06-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

the front diff is very quick, as the topdeck doesnt need to be removed, just the 2 end screws..

the rear diff however requires teh removal of the topdeck, then grab some pliers and pop the ball cups for one side shock, and both of the camberlink ballcups. I then undo the four screws which fix the rear bulkhead in place from the underside of the chassis, and flip the whole assembly to the side.

doesnt take more than a couple of minutes once youve done it a couple of times.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Adrian M, Have not tried the raised front, but will be doing that this weekend. I want to try kick up and the roll center mod. I'll let you know.

Kevin K, I am going to give it a shot.

Rob Love
Old 06-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Adrian - I have tried the raised front with foams and it seemed fine, but it is fairly low grip carpet where i race. I spoke to Chris A about it after they came back from the LRP race. Aparantly it wasn't as good there as the grip came up. I know that is on rubbers but it is very high grip.

Rob - I know someone who has tried kick-up. He says it gives more steering overall. I haven't tried it myself. I don't think it would have such an effect on our car as it would with others that use the standard "C" type caster block.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

MattW, Thanks for the info. Only thing I run is carpet with foams. I'll post some info on Sunday and let everyone know what I find........

The key thus far has been to go with the 0 in-board toe. The car is still super planted with only 2 degrees at the wheel and 0 at the arm, but it allows for faster transistioning.... Just remember things I post are for carpet with foams where there is "SERIOUS" traction....

Rob Love
Old 06-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RBLove: I'm currently running the raised front with 1 additional mm of kick (I've also run 2mms). The car seems to have more steering overall, especially middle out. Most likely this is due to the active caster it puts into the car. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I'd appreciate the input...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.