Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
You can't just brake a top deck. In all my years of racing, I've only seen one broken top deck and that was with a car landing on it's side on the straight and then get nailed in the roof at 60mph.
In 10 years of racing (Schumacher) touring cars, I had never seen a broken topdeck, let alone broken one myself. BUT, I have broken 2 standard ones on the Mi3 and fractured a third one, so believe me, it does happen and having a spare topdeck in your pitbox is a very wise thing to do, especially if you run the original chassis and topdeck.
Just check how soft the chassis is without the topdeck, and look how narrow the topdeck is. There's a lot of force concentrated into this tiny piece of CF in a crash, and the bulkheads are rigid enough not to give up, so the topdeck will.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

i have also been breaking the top decks. i finally raced with the stiff deck (only 1 i had). i dremeled out the center a bit to make it flex a bit more, and since then i have not had a problem. car runs great.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Shrew
Just a quick question.

All the time ive been racing ive never ran any roll bars.

Over the last year or so more and more people seem to be running them. Obviously they stop the car rolling as much and i imagine that takes some grip away.

So my question is why would you want to put them on ? How would it change the car ? Do you think its worth a try ?

Some people seem to run them outside on tarmac when i always seem to be trying to get more grip but by fitting them they are taking it away so im a little confused ?
I think it's all to do with balance.
Some of the Mi3 team guys have mixed opnions, some always run the roll bars and some never run them (but they usually have to compensate by running stiffer springs.

Remember the roll bars don't have an effect until the car starts to roll, it then passes (some of) the grip to the outside wheel.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Car felt great on carpet!!! First time on carpet with the MI3!

Wes
Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

I just Try Kev's Vegas Setup with only front Anti-roll bar, Car was Like a Rocket...Planted all night long with Lots of cornering speed...
Many Thanx Again to all US team (I call you guys from US as a US Team ) And Skiddins for all Their Help and support
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For all the light parts coming out for the MI3, does anyone make a lightweight kingpin set for the Schuie vehicles, as this is a very old part i didnt know whether they had already been amde?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can anyone point me to where the Vegas setups are posted?
Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
I just Try Kev's Vegas Setup with only front Anti-roll bar, Car was Like a Rocket...Planted all night long with Lots of cornering speed...
Many Thanx Again to all US team (I call you guys from US as a US Team ) And Skiddins for all Their Help and support

Where did you get this setup sheet?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Can anyone point me to where the Vegas setups are posted?
Thanks
McGoo posted his foam vegas SU on this very thread a page or two back.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for the info but i was actually looking to get Alan and Randy's rubber setup. Any info on those?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yo wes..

your welcome
Old 10-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yo oliver ygpm
Old 10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
BF -To the untrained ear, it sounds like your a claiming that both standing the shocks up and laying them down adds grip ("standing the shocks up will add steering" & "Leaning the shocks in will soften the cars reaction and add grip"). I think that it may be better explained that with standing your shocks up you will limit how quickly your car transfers weight laterally (left to right). Thus when moving through a shikane, the car is able to change directions quickly as full lateral transfer has probably not occurred. Which is good because the more weight that is moved in one direction, the harder it is to change directions. Inversely, when your shocks are laid inwards, the quicker weight is shifted to either side of the car. Therefore, moving through the sweeper for example the car will gravitate away from the turn more. Playing with shock angle at either end of the car will help the car transfer more or less weight laterally on that end of the car.

Stay away from trying to explain it in terms of more or less grip as it could be confusing.

My 2 cents.
Maybe I over simplfied what I was trying to say, I was trying not to get to technical. The angle of your shocks directly reflects how quickly wieght is transfered. Example: Standing the rear shocks all the way up on the towers with make the rear of the car react quickly to steering inputs. This will cause the car to rotate quicker and provide more initial steering. Laying the rear shocks inward will slow the reaction and make that end of the car feel lazy, and follow the front end less agressivley.

Because the car isnt so reactive, and is suspension rate is softer to car "Feels" like it has more grip

Last edited by Big Features; 10-10-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
Maybe I over simplfied what I was trying to say, I was trying not to get to technical. The angle of your shocks directly reflects how quickly wieght is transfered. Example: Standing the rear shocks all the way up on the towers with make the rear of the car react quickly to steering inputs. This will cause the car to rotate quicker and provide more initial steering. Laying the rear shocks inward will slow the reaction and make that end of the car feel lazy, and follow the front end less agressivley.

Because the car isnt so reactive, and is suspension fate is softer to car "Feels" like it has more grip
This is one of the best explanations of shock angle effects that I've seen. The first one I've actually understood!

In fact, I think I'll write this down.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.